FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Unable to reach Delta Reservations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2021088-unable-reach-delta-reservations.html)

Jack_Tauson_Sr Jul 6, 2020 8:36 am

Unable to reach Delta Reservations

Whenever I call them, I hear that they cannot take my call.

I booked an international ticket on March 30th,2020 for December 2020. When I checked with the customer care department ( not from the reservation department), they were asking me to contact the reservation department, which is impossible. And they couldn't explain to me properly. Few things I understood that agent told me were:

1) I can change my flight free of cost since I booked my ticket between March - June 2020.

2) If I cancel my ticket, I will only have 3 months more from December(until March 2021) to book my other ticker, or else my money will be forfeited. The agent told me that if this COVID thing wasn't there, I would have until 2022 to use my unused credit for the tickets.

When I booked my ticket, there wasn't anything like that as I mentioned in Point #1 above. Looks like they implemented this rule sometime after March 2020.

Has anyone been able to contact the reservations office lately?

flyerCO Jul 6, 2020 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Jack_Tauson_Sr (Post 32511627)
Whenever I call them, I hear that they cannot take my call.

I booked an international ticket on March 30th,2020 for December 2020. When I checked with the customer care department ( not from the reservation department), they were asking me to contact the reservation department, which is impossible. And they couldn't explain to me properly. Few things I understood that agent told me were:

1) I can change my flight free of cost since I booked my ticket between March - June 2020.

2) If I cancel my ticket, I will only have 3 months more from December(until March 2021) to book my other ticker, or else my money will be forfeited. The agent told me that if this COVID thing wasn't there, I would have until 2022 to use my unused credit for the tickets.

When I booked my ticket, there wasn't anything like that as I mentioned in Point #1 above. Looks like they implemented this rule sometime after March 2020.

Has anyone been able to contact the reservations office lately?

What are you trying to do? If it's change the ticket, this can be done online. If you want to cancel this can also be done online. DL has extended validty of tickets. It can be rebooked until Sept 2022.

Jack_Tauson_Sr Jul 6, 2020 9:55 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 32511690)
What are you trying to do? If it's changing the ticket, this can be done online. If you want to cancel this can also be done online. DL has extended validity of tickets. It can be rebooked until Sept 2022.

I am trying to figure out what are my options and not getting enough/correct info from Delta.

I am suspecting that the destination, where I'm scheduled to visit in December, might see an increase in COVID cases. I would be in a good situation to know about it in the month of November. And if in that scenario, if I plan to cancel my ticket, I would have only 3 months to book my tickets (until March 2021). And I might not want to visit that country in those 3 months. In such scenario, I am going to loose my money, right?

flyerCO Jul 6, 2020 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Jack_Tauson_Sr (Post 32511778)
I am trying to figure out what are my options and not getting enough/correct info from Delta.

I am suspecting that the destination, where I'm scheduled to visit in December, might see an increase in COVID cases. I would be in a good situation to know about it in the month of November. And if in that scenario, if I plan to cancel my ticket, I would have only 3 months to book my tickets (until March 2021). And I might not want to visit that country in those 3 months. In such scenario, I am going to loose my money, right?

No. DL extended ticket validty to Sept 2022. As long as you book/complete travel by then you dont lose money.

Jack_Tauson_Sr Jul 6, 2020 11:22 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 32511999)
No. DL extended ticket validty to Sept 2022. As long as you book/complete travel by then you dont lose money.

Thanks. Can you share a link to their website so that I can read more info about it?

I wonder why the agent told me that I will have only 3 months from December if I decide to cancel my ticket.

flyerCO Jul 6, 2020 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Jack_Tauson_Sr (Post 32512004)
Thanks. Can you share a link to their website so that I can read more info about it?

I wonder why the agent told me that I will have only 3 months from December if I decide to cancel my ticket.

This would normally be the case. However due to CV19 DL extended ticket validity. DL is well known for agents not knowing/being kept up on policies. Call 4 times and you might get 4 answer .

https://news.delta.com/delta-extends...travel-2-years

ab2013 Jul 6, 2020 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Jack_Tauson_Sr (Post 32512004)

https://www.delta.com/coronavirus

It depends on when you talked to a CS agent. The policies have evolved over time. I think the web functionality breaks if DL makes changes to the itinerary, which seems to necessitate manual handling by a live agent. I typically engage CS with iMessage but even then the best chances I've had reaching out to an agent is early in the morning (I think the last 2 times I got in touch with an agent, I messaged at 5:30 AM PST and got a response after a 3-4 hour wait)

lonelygod Jul 6, 2020 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 32511999)

but to be eligible for the ticket validity to Sept 2022, the original ticket’s travel date has to be something before Sept, 2020... OP says her/his ticket is for Dec 2020? I can be totally wrong though!

Jack_Tauson_Sr Jul 6, 2020 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by lonelygod (Post 32512153)
but to be eligible for the ticket validity to Sept 2022, the original ticket’s travel date has to be something before Sept, 2020... OP says her/his ticket is for Dec 2020? I can be totally wrong though!

The date of booking for my ticket is March 30,2020. However, travel date is in Dec 2020.

Jack_Tauson_Sr Jul 6, 2020 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by ab2013 (Post 32512015)

It depends on when you talked to a CS agent. The policies have evolved over time. I think the web functionality breaks if DL makes changes to the itinerary, which seems to necessitate manual handling by a live agent. I typically engage CS with iMessage but even then the best chances I've had reaching out to an agent is early in the morning (I think the last 2 times I got in touch with an agent, I messaged at 5:30 AM PST and got a response after a 3-4 hour wait)

Thanks.

In the link it says like this:

Can I change or cancel my flight?
It‘s easy to cancel, make changes or rebook online.Visit My Trips to make changes to your flight(s) any time before your travel date. We’re now waiving change fees and Award redeposit fees providing greater flexibility to travel using eCredits through September 30, 2022, for customers who:
  • have upcoming travel already booked for March through September 30, 2020 as of April 17, 2020
  • have existing eCredits or canceled travel from flights in March through September 30, 2020
Tickets purchased between March 1 and July 31, 2020, can be changed without a change fee or Award redeposit fees for a year from the date you purchased it.

Learn more and find out if your upcoming flight qualifies
Since my travel date is in December 2020, I might not be eligible for this?

Jack_Tauson_Sr Jul 6, 2020 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by ab2013 (Post 32512015)

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 32512012)
This would normally be the case. However due to CV19 DL extended ticket validity. DL is well known for agents not knowing/being kept up on policies. Call 4 times and you might get 4 answer .

https://news.delta.com/delta-extends...travel-2-years

Thanks. I guess I might be not eligible because of the following since my travel date is in Dec 2020.

Customers who have travel booked between now and September 30 as of April 17, 2020, or canceled travel from flights between March 2020 through September 2020 now have the flexibility to travel until September 30, 2022.

flyerCO Jul 6, 2020 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by lonelygod (Post 32512153)

There's also a couple other pages with details. The ticket will be good through Sept 2022. When cancelled, it becomes an ecredit. As an ecredit, it becomes eligible to be used till Sept 2022. On top of that, regardless of when ticket was bought, any ecredit for cancelled flights through Sept 2020 will also be extended to Sept 2022.

lonelygod Jul 6, 2020 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 32512212)
There's also a couple other pages with details. The ticket will be good through Sept 2022. When cancelled, it becomes an ecredit. As an ecredit, it becomes eligible to be used till Sept 2022. On top of that, regardless of when ticket was bought, any ecredit for cancelled flights through Sept 2020 will also be extended to Sept 2022.

interesting. I booked on March 4th for a ticket this October. Cancelled it last week. And here is what my ecredit shows...
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...872a605eea.png

Jack_Tauson_Sr Jul 6, 2020 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 32512212)

So this means that if I have to cancel it, I should do it on or before Sept 2020? If I decide to cancel it in Nov 2020, this eCredit benefit until Sept 2022 won't apply?

Jack_Tauson_Sr Jul 6, 2020 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by lonelygod (Post 32512239)
interesting. I booked on March 4th for a ticket this October. Cancelled it last week. And here is what my ecredit shows...
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...872a605eea.png

Thanks for sharing. May I ask if you received 100% of your fare back in the form of eCredit?