Wiki Posts
Search

Reagan Airport in DC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2020, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Reagan Airport in DC

Flying into DCA on Thursday and am wondering what the state of construction is for the arrival and departure areas? Often have been picked up in the departure area to avoid the mess in the arrival area. Perhaps the construction has moved to the departure area now? Someone will pick me up by car so would like to make it as easy as possible for them. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles Platinum Medallion
Suggest you have your ride pick you up on the upper/departures level. I was just through there last week and there are still few cars and shuttles on the upper level. The lower level is restricted as a result of Project Journey construction.
Schuhfly likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 8:21 am

It may be easier to meet your ride in the parking garage so you do not have to time your pickup perfectly. For Terminals B/C, Level 2 of the garage would be the most convenient to meet your ride since Level 2 is where the walkway is to/from the terminal. The parking garage for Terminals A, B and C provide free parking for 60 minutes. Regular rates apply after 60 minutes so 61 minutes will cost the price of two hours of parking.

On another note, does anyone know if the water filling stations at DCA and DTW are working at this time? I am flying out of those airports this week and am finding most drinking fountains everywhere shut down due to COVID-19. Just want to plan ahead.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
When I was there a couple of weeks ago, anyone wouldn't have any trouble picking someone up because there wasn't anyone there. Obviously not literally no one, but I mean seriously low numbers. Single digits of cars outside the terminal. And I was there on Monday afternoon and Friday morning. Maybe it has picked up some.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by sahara
On another note, does anyone know if the water filling stations at DCA and DTW are working at this time? I am flying out of those airports this week and am finding most drinking fountains everywhere shut down due to COVID-19. Just want to plan ahead.
I’m curious, what would you do to plan ahead? Drink lots of water land side?
Old Jun 30, 2020, 1:04 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
They had the doors on the lower level near the Delta baggage claim closed off, so you should use the departures level (topmost of the 3 floors in DCA) for passenger pick-up.

Metro service to DCA has been reduced because of the current renovations on the Yellow Line Potomac River bridge. Yellow line trains are only running south from DCA through Alexandria to Huntington station. The Blue line, which takes the long way to downtown DC via Rosslyn, is currently running every 20 minutes, even in rush hours.

Construction is going full bore at DCA right now. They have made significant progress on the AA commuter concourse at the north end of the terminal complex (they've installed the exterior paneling on the new building), and they have put up the steel framework for the new security screening areas.

As far as a water fountain designed for filling a bottle, I have to confess I have never seen one near the Delta gates. This doesn't mean that one might or might not exist; I just don't recall seeing one.

The Delta Sky Club has a tap near the soda machine that dispenses water, including carbonated water, that you could put a bottle under.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM
Originally Posted by ND76
As far as a water fountain designed for filling a bottle, I have to confess I have never seen one near the Delta gates. This doesn't mean that one might or might not exist; I just don't recall seeing one.
There's one by the bathrooms past security; it was not functional last time I was there (albeit a few weeks ago).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.