Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

VS ticketed/DL operated flight cancellation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2020, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM

Hi all,

I have the following VS award ticket operated by Delta:
DL160 - MSP-AMS - August 11th
KL1051 - AMS-BRS - August 12th

A few days ago I noticed the ticket had disappeared from my Delta app, and an error occurred when loading it on Delta.com. It still showed on VS.com. Today, logging in to VS I see a schedule change notification, but no difference to the flight times. However there is a 'contact Delta' message under the transatlantic segment.
Looking on ExpertFlyer, it looks like the transatlantic segment is no longer operating on that day, but is operating on other days that week. Could someone help me with the following questions:
  • Is DL responsible for rebooking based on them cancelling the original segment, or is VS responsible because they ticketed the flights?
  • Award space doesn't show on VS.com for alternative flights - is Delta able to (or supposed to) open up space to rebook?
  • Can DL rebook on the KL segment as well, as I imagine I will need to change that too.
Many thanks - Mods feel free to file if this belongs in a different thread - sorry!
Old Jun 21, 2020, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ElliottMB
Hi all,

I have the following VS award ticket operated by Delta:
DL160 - MSP-AMS - August 11th
KL1051 - AMS-BRS - August 12th

A few days ago I noticed the ticket had disappeared from my Delta app, and an error occurred when loading it on Delta.com. It still showed on VS.com. Today, logging in to VS I see a schedule change notification, but no difference to the flight times. However there is a 'contact Delta' message under the transatlantic segment.
Looking on ExpertFlyer, it looks like the transatlantic segment is no longer operating on that day, but is operating on other days that week. Could someone help me with the following questions:
  • Is DL responsible for rebooking based on them cancelling the original segment, or is VS responsible because they ticketed the flights?
  • Award space doesn't show on VS.com for alternative flights - is Delta able to (or supposed to) open up space to rebook?
  • Can DL rebook on the KL segment as well, as I imagine I will need to change that too.
Many thanks - Mods feel free to file if this belongs in a different thread - sorry!
Since you booked via VS, you’ll need to work via/with VS. VS may or may not be able to open up space on its own metal but VS can’t force DL (or KLM) to open space for partner award tickets. You may also have to look at alternate options like seeing if you can get award space to LHR via DL and VS then get to BRS on a different ticket or mode of transportation.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DL160 operates 5x weekly in August. It does not fly on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by xliioper
DL160 operates 5x weekly in August. It does not fly on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Yea, I'm seeing the same thing. Unfortunately was operating on Tuesday when I booked it ~3 weeks ago.

Old Jun 21, 2020, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Also take a look at alternatives into LHR / LGW. Train to BRS is 90 minutes departing Paddington.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Since you booked via VS, you’ll need to work via/with VS. VS may or may not be able to open up space on its own metal but VS can’t force DL (or KLM) to open space for partner award tickets. You may also have to look at alternate options like seeing if you can get award space to LHR via DL and VS then get to BRS on a different ticket or mode of transportation.
Originally Posted by Often1
Also take a look at alternatives into LHR / LGW. Train to BRS is 90 minutes departing Paddington.
I agree with the others here. There looks to be availability to LHR on your date. Then Heathrow Express to Paddington and on to Bristol. Let us know what you end up doing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.