Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Double booking, one with miles, the other with cash?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2020, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum

Is it possible to make two bookings for the same itinerary, one using miles and the other cash? Given the waiver of cancellation fees if booked before June 30th, I am thinking of booking with cash in main cabin and using upgrade certs. Another booking also in coach using miles. If upgrades don't clear a day or so before, I will cancel the cash ticket and fly with the award ticket.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
You can do it, easy to do, but one or both tickets may get cancelled.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 2:02 pm

Don’t do this for the same person. DL called me and asked me which one I wanted to cancel. Or they could cancel them both with no notice.
jediwho likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Great, thank you very much!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.