Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Advanced Medallion Complimentary Upgrades Are Back!

Advanced Medallion Complimentary Upgrades Are Back!

Old Jun 10, 2020, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Advance Medallion Complimentary Upgrades Are Back!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but Delta has resumed Complimentary Medallion Upgrades in advance, as of June 10!

Here's the link, since it is buried on Delta.com, and only accessible in one place: https://www.delta.com/us/en/travel-u...us-travel-faqs

Last edited by JW6130; Jun 11, 2020 at 8:32 pm
Old Jun 10, 2020, 4:04 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
Originally Posted by JW6130
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but Delta has resumed Complimentary Medallion Upgrades in advance, as of June 10!

Here's the link, since it is buried on Delta.com, and only accessible in one place: https://www.delta.com/us/en/travel-u...us-travel-faqs
Good find. The question is, if only 50%~60% of F is available, is anyone getting an upgrade?

I know we all complained previously that upgrades were an endangered species, but are they basic extinct at this point given the capacity restrictions?
MSPeconomist and Hepsaint like this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 4:11 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
I noticed as a PM I can now select Comfort + seats that were previously unavailable during the restriction.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by kavok
Good find. The question is, if only 50%~60% of F is available, is anyone getting an upgrade?

I know we all complained previously that upgrades were an endangered species, but are they basic extinct at this point given the capacity restrictions?
There probably won’t be many advanced F UGs but the biggest driving force to bring back advanced UGs was probably to allow DMs and PMs access to C+ at booking.
DiverDave and FLYPWM like this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 5:01 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester

There was some peripheral discussion in the "COVID in-flight service" thread which I'll grant you isn't the most intuitive place to look
Old Jun 10, 2020, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I’m sure that DL was getting crushed in the surveys and comment forms over this. They couldn’t justify not giving elites upgrades while continuing to sell those seats. At least they fixed this mistake, now a bunch more to go.
JW6130 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah was briefly discussed in that other thread.

Incidentally I just received an email that I was upgraded to C+ for an upcoming flight so guess the automated sweep is running.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 6:06 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rylan
Yeah was briefly discussed in that other thread.

Incidentally I just received an email that I was upgraded to C+ for an upcoming flight so guess the automated sweep is running.
I also got a few emails on some far out tickets.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:19 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
My Trips at delta.com still has the statement "To ensure space for safer travel in our premium cabins, Upgrades will now be processed at the gate, still in priority order. We appreciate your understanding." and I did not get upgraded to C+ in any of the upcoming reservations yet. We shall see.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Try going into your reservations on Delta.com and selecting Comfort + seats. That option worked for me before the automated process got to my flights.

When I selected Comfort + seats, they magically showed as 'Free,' and they stuck when I saved them.
DCAhome and SLCEO like this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 11:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
SLC-ATL June 14

Today I tried to upgrade my main cabin to comfort plus on a June 14 flight SLC-ATL. It showed 2 seats remaining for sale at 11:15 in comfort plus. I am Delta Platinum. This was not an E fare. Would not let me upgrade "for free", but offered a 120.00 paid upgrade.. I took a screen shot of the page. I tried again a couple of hours later--all seats on plane sold out. (At reduced capacity.). Is it worth complaining about?
danielvdm likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Tony King
I noticed as a PM I can now select Comfort + seats that were previously unavailable during the restriction.
2 of my July flights were upgraded to C+, the third had no C+ aisle seats available.

My August flights hadn't auto-upgraded yet, but I was able to choose C+ seats for free.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 12:17 am

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Try going into your reservations on Delta.com and selecting Comfort + seats. That option worked for me before the automated process got to my flights. When I selected Comfort + seats, they magically showed as 'Free,' and they stuck when I saved them.
Excellent suggestion! It worked for me too.
JW6130 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Plat, National Executive
Going into the reservation and selecting the Comfort + seats worked for me too. I wonder if it has something to do with not booking middle seats, since I had my wife with me.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It seems to be going in stages/sweeps... a flight that was sooner got upgraded first, and a later flight I got an email about 6 hours after that it was processed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.