Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Has DL Cut too many flights? Analysis and discussion of schedule cuts.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has DL Cut too many flights? Analysis and discussion of schedule cuts.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2020, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Lol. The 3 people that are there and can finally take a day off deserve it.
Not much else will change. Perhaps now the 31-hr waits will be 62?
Old Jun 18, 2020, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They noted at the shareholders meeting today they are recalling 2000 res agents on leave in June and July.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 8:01 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
I'm hoping that they'll get IT to get up to speed this time. According to the phone agent I finally talked to last month virtually all of the issues were IT system related including the call back fiasco. It will interesting to see what the dodge was used at the shareholders meeting today(assuming Ed even let it come up).
Old Jun 18, 2020, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by CMK10
I need to go to Jacksonville next week. There's only a single option between RDU and JAX on Friday, it involves leaving at 7 AM, a nearly 5 hour connection in ATL and it costs $460.

AA via CLT with a shorter layover and better times was half that for confirmed F or $168 for Y. Yet again I'm booking a trip where I'm on other airlines.
Actually, you can drive to Jacksonville instead of flying. Flying is very expensive and long layover. That's not good! You can drive in your car. It's very easy ride. You can take on I-95.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 10:37 pm

Deltamatic just kicking this airlines ... during this pandemic. Complete disgrace of a IT performance especially on delta.dumb. Cripe nwa.com has been gone for a decade and it was far more usable with refunds, changes, et all than DAL's own web site is right now.

Originally Posted by ttuna3
I'm hoping that they'll get IT to get up to speed this time. According to the phone agent I finally talked to last month virtually all of the issues were IT system related including the call back fiasco. It will interesting to see what the dodge was used at the shareholders meeting today(assuming Ed even let it come up).
Old Jun 18, 2020, 11:03 pm

Delta.com is so dysfunctional that they've now inadvertently canceled out the ability to cancel a ticket for a refund within 24 hours. Now getting a simple error with a message to call. Yeah right.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 11:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by DTWflyer
The preliminary August schedule to be loaded over the weekend appears to be viewable through the online routemap https://dl.fltmaps.com/en

The number of flights is up significantly over June and July.

Looking at DTW departures per day:

June - 130
July - 198
August - 288
Peak summer 2019 was 461 flights.

So a lot of frequency/connectivity is coming back. I didn't look at the other hubs, but if DTW is effectively doubling the number of flights between June and August, I'd imagine similar at MSP & SLC if not more in ATL.
Weird. SEA-CMH/DFW still show up on the map but no flights are loaded for that route.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
Its because they have not pulled down the pre-COVID schedule in September any beyond thus there is likely still flights on those routes.

If you go into flights and plug in dates in August you can see what is operating nonstop and the number of flights.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 10:42 am
Formerly known as scootr29

I would say yes...just tried to book a flight to Portland or Bangor Maine out of GSP..departing 6/24 returning on 6/26 and there was nothing available on Delta.

This is a work trip made thru BCD. Taking United up to Bangor and returning on AA.

Thanks Delta!
Old Jun 19, 2020, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DTWflyer
Its because they have not pulled down the pre-COVID schedule in September any beyond thus there is likely still flights on those routes.

If you go into flights and plug in dates in August you can see what is operating nonstop and the number of flights.
There's no flights showing for CMH/DFW-SEA through end of schedule on delta.com. Looks like they were pulled back in April -- https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1445235
Old Jun 19, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
Originally Posted by xliioper
There's no flights showing for CMH/DFW-SEA through end of schedule on delta.com. Looks like they were pulled back in April -- https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1445235
Originally Posted by ab2013
Weird. SEA-CMH/DFW still show up on the map but no flights are loaded for that route.
I can't get anything to pull up using the route map from CMH other than ATL, which makes no sense because a thread on A.net indicated CMH-DTW was going to 5x/day.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
Originally Posted by JSprague24
I can't get anything to pull up using the route map from CMH other than ATL, which makes no sense because a thread on A.net indicated CMH-DTW was going to 5x/day.
I am seeing flight from CMH to the following

city June July August
ATL 2 5 6
DTW 2 3 5
MSP 1 2 4
LGA 0 2 2
Old Jun 20, 2020, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Just booked SLC-ATL-SBN with the new August schedule and unlike June and sometimes in July, there were actually plenty of options!
Brendan, cmd320 and DCAhome like this.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 12:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Just booked SLC-ATL-SBN with the new August schedule and unlike June and sometimes in July, there were actually plenty of options!
Of course whether those will survive the next six-ten weeks is a big if still
Old Jun 21, 2020, 3:46 pm

Programs: Southwest, Air France, Delta
change outbound flight for CDG on AF booked thru Delta

The Delta website goes thru the motions when allowing me to select a date change for my outbound flight, but when I click on the new flight, the site kicks back to the "select flights to change" page. What gives with Delta's site - is it that horrible? No way can I reach an agent by phone. Recording eventually states Delta is not taking calls, and hangs up on me. Unreal.
Brendan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.