Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can't credit DL flight to Air Europa: Can't enter UX number on DL's website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2020, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAPLT, SK/G, A3/G

Sorry, not a regular DL flyer so I am not as versed in DL rules and news as I should be. I tried to search online and here but didn't find any information so I thought I'd post here:I have an upcoming DL flight MSP-DCA that I want to credit to Air Europa because I got a notification that my Air Europa miles (granted, not a lot) are expiring in July. The other reason is that I have Air Europa status so it would be nice to have the benefits.

However, on DL's booking page Air Europa is no longer an option to credit to. At the part of the booking where all the SkyTeam partners are listed, the dropdown menu has AeroMexico and Air France, but Air Europa is not in there anymore so I can't input my Air Europa #.

I tried to see if I can book it via Air Europa's website, and the FROM box won't let me put in MSP, but the TO will let me put in DCA.

I heard that IAG bought them a a while back, but I haven't heard anything about that since, and SkyTeam's site still shows them as a partner. Does anyone know what the story is with them switching alliance, and if there is still any way to credit the DL flight to keep my SUMA miles active? Like I said, both airlines still list each other as partners. Any chance I can add my Air Europa # at the counter?

Thanks
Old May 23, 2020, 12:07 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ben1979
I heard that IAG bought them a a while back, but I haven't heard anything about that since, and SkyTeam's site still shows them as a partner. Does anyone know what the story is with them switching alliance, and if there is still any way to credit the DL flight to keep my SUMA miles active? Like I said, both airlines still list each other as partners. Any chance I can add my Air Europa # at the counter?

Thanks
Google finds some hits from late last year stating they would be leaving SkyTeam but UX's web site still mentions SkyTeam and lists DL as a partner https://www.aireuropa.com/en/suma/su...partners/delta

of course they could just be slow to change.

If it's still technically possible, then yes they should be able to do it at the airport counter or gate.

I think call times are pretty bad right now but have you tried calling and asking if they can enter it manually? You can also try Twitter or Facebook private message, or the messaging functionality in the app (the response time might be equally long but at least you won't have to sit around on hold). If DL won't do it in advance or at the airport but you're pretty sure UX will still let you credit it to SUMA (or if you don't have any place better to credit this) you could as a last resort try flying it w/o FF info and submitting it for credit after? But ultimately this seems like more a UX question than a DL question.
Old May 23, 2020, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAPLT, SK/G, A3/G
Originally Posted by Zorak
Google finds some hits from late last year stating they would be leaving SkyTeam but UX's web site still mentions SkyTeam and lists DL as a partner https://www.aireuropa.com/en/suma/su...partners/delta

of course they could just be slow to change.

If it's still technically possible, then yes they should be able to do it at the airport counter or gate.

I think call times are pretty bad right now but have you tried calling and asking if they can enter it manually? You can also try Twitter or Facebook private message, or the messaging functionality in the app (the response time might be equally long but at least you won't have to sit around on hold). If DL won't do it in advance or at the airport but you're pretty sure UX will still let you credit it to SUMA (or if you don't have any place better to credit this) you could as a last resort try flying it w/o FF info and submitting it for credit after? But ultimately this seems like more a UX question than a DL question.
I haven't booked yet. I was hoping to get it resolved before I book, but I think I this point I'll just book first and give them a call or try to add it at the airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.