Missing VA Mileage Credit

Old May 13, 20, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Missing VA Mileage Credit

Ms. S and I took several VA flights in February. When no credit was received by early March I sent in the requisite missing credit information. The response was to fax boarding passes and ticket numbers which I did almost two months ago. I knowthat there are problems at VA these days so could that be the problem?

I have contacted DL repeatedly since then via the complaint and missing credit forms. Still nothing.

Should I chalk this up to Covid19 in that DL customer service people are either furloughed or very behind in there work. Or is there something I'm misssing?
Old May 13, 20, 5:04 pm

Programs: DL-DM (MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
I'm betting that (partner) mileage credits are on the low end of priority as they have announced last year's status gets extended to next year coupled with reduced staff during the slowdown.

I wouldn't write it off, but follow up an email/request with the previously provided information. Be nice, informative and non demanding. It'll be in the queue for somebody to get to when the current staff can, or when they pull in more staff.

It's something that you're due from the time of flight regardless of DL's or VA's situation. But it may have passed by somebody's inbox or in the "non-important" stack that will be gotten around to by the end of the year.
Old May 13, 20, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by spinmeister View Post
Ms. S and I took several VA flights in February. When no credit was received by early March I sent in the requisite missing credit information. The response was to fax boarding passes and ticket numbers which I did almost two months ago. I knowthat there are problems at VA these days so could that be the problem?

I have contacted DL repeatedly since then via the complaint and missing credit forms. Still nothing.

Should I chalk this up to Covid19 in that DL customer service people are either furloughed or very behind in there work. Or is there something I'm misssing?
VA is in bankruptcy administration. They may be slow/nonresponsive right now to DL requests for confirmation of flight.
Old May 14, 20, 6:27 am
Original Poster

I don't mind the delay -- it's totally understandable. What I do mind is being ignored by Delta. A one=line response would assuage me.
Old May 14, 20, 9:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Make sure that you have dated proof that you requested the missing miles. My guess is that it will eventually be corrected, but in case stuff gets lost, you might need to show that you tried to fix the problem in a timely way.
Old May 15, 20, 9:04 am

Programs: Delta PM + Reserve Card
Had the exact same issue but it was domestic SYD-MEL within Australia that I let go due to the circumstances. If VA survives, bigger issue will be preserving seat assignments on DL code shares. Pretty sure their pre-administration/bankruptcy IT links to DL were created by $5 an hour third world programmers.
Old May 15, 20, 9:39 am
Original Poster

My flights were LST- MEL and MEL- PER. The odd thing is that I received credit for the first leg (my wife did not() and neither received credit for MEL- PER.. DL requested faxed info (BPs and ticket info) and that was done first week of March.
Old May 15, 20, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Our domestic VA flight was ADL-BNE last December, supposedly credited to SkyMiles. We had same issue with months passing without being credited and no response after sending boarding passes. I eventually gave up, as it was more effort than it was worth for the number of miles. Everything is documented, if anyone ever follows up, but I figure they are lost.
Old May 15, 20, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

I guess I'm equally irked with DL because I've been told numerous times I would have a response in ten days and there is nada. Again, I recognize that this is not the most important issue DL ha to deal with.
Old Aug 25, 20, 8:06 am
Original Poster

It is now the end of August and I still have not received a reply to my many submissions. No explanation for delay, no apology, nada. As I have said before I realize these are extraordinary times but I think it's shameful in this day and age of instant communication that Delta has not extended the courtesy of even a cursory response.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: