Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Crediting CZ flts in Q class to Delta SkyMiles

Crediting CZ flts in Q class to Delta SkyMiles

Old Apr 20, 20, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ/QF
Question Crediting CZ flts in Q class to Delta SkyMiles

Flew CZ BKK-CAN-AKL last year 12/13th October with both flights booked in Q class. Did not previously have any frequent flyer accounts with a CZ-affliated carrier so decided to open a Delta SkyMiles account to credit my CZ flights to. Submitted a mileage claim (including e-ticket and photo of boarding passes). I thought it was odd my Delta account was still 0 miles (I checked every few weeks) until today when I looked further and found in the activity statement that both flights posted with zero miles. Reason code was Z, which apparently means "Mileage credit denied by partner - activity not eligible for mileage credit".

Quite curious as to any possible reasons why the miles had not posted. From what I can find, CZ flights in Q class should earn 50% miles. I have already sent Delta an email to query this but thought I'd post here just in case someone has any info that could help clarify this situation (perhaps there's some rule I've overlooked?). Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 22, 20, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
What were the flight numbers as booked. This can be different from the operating flight number if booked as codeshare. Also was this booked directly with CZ or via an OTA?
Old Apr 23, 20, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ/QF
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
What were the flight numbers as booked. This can be different from the operating flight number if booked as codeshare. Also was this booked directly with CZ or via an OTA?
CZ 364 BKK-CAN
CZ 305 CAN-AKL
Both CZ marketed and operated. No code shares involved. Booked via Expedia.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: