Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Class action lawsuit against Delta over cancelled flights (booked on OTA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Class action lawsuit against Delta over cancelled flights (booked on OTA)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2020, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ethernal
How is my position academic?

If I'm struggling to buy groceries and I'm 90 days past due on my mortgage and and need to preserve cash and my lawnmower broke so I can't mow the lawn - I'm not going to worry about fines from the HOA and/or code enforcement due to overgrown grass that won't be due for a few months.
In my state your house can be repossessed over unpaid HOA fees.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:55 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by ethernal
How is my position academic? It's basically saying that a company is willing to take a risk of a future fine to maintain liquidity today. That's not academic, that's a practical decision that companies definitely would consider - especially if the regulatory guidance is not completely clear.
People are asking about what to do about these situations. They aren't asking about how this process could or should work. Answers here necessarily include specific actions, which you dismiss as "overly pedantic". Your answer is academic because it does not offer actionable or impactful advice (other than file a lawsuit and wait two years).
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:49 pm

I feel like im going against the tide and welcome the added "heat" on Delta to get things done especially with my own experience which has not been a smooth process and while I would have loved to believe in the "if you have the ticket they can track it no matter what" messages ive seen that doesn't seem to be the case. I feel like Delta has been giving me the run around since they canceled my first flight on March 29th. First it was 14 days and gave me just a generic email no way to track it online. Then when my second request to cancel a flight happened Sunday i was given a TRR for that one but no representative can find that on the first flight so they said I could start the process over for the original flight cancelation request and wait the now 30 business days (which is almost a month and a half and the supposed 2 months to show on a credit card). So they issued me a TRR for the first flight again and I go in today to check both in the refund portal and sure enough I still can not track the first request using the TRR that they issued to me on the April 19th and Delta cant seem to locate any such TRR for March 29th even though I have the case number from the auto generated email.

I think its just super frustrating to say the least especially when like many folks on here ive been a loyal DM member for a while.

Last edited by Steven Citrin; Apr 21, 2020 at 2:55 pm
Old Apr 21, 2020, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm not sure it's good to file lots of chargebacks to credit cards, even if they're upheld as valid.
I have not heard of any financial institution (card issuer) which includes frequency of sustained chargebacks as an underwriting criterion.

If you have any, that would be useful to know.

It goes without saying that there are those on FT who advise all manner of questionable chargebacks which are most often denied. An accumulation of those is an easy way to get the boot. But, a chargeback based on a clearcut US law is a non-issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.