Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Quarantine cleanup: What is the year for this Delta boarding pass?

Old Apr 8, 2020, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Found this old boarding pass & can't remember when this trip occurred. Does the ACS sticker mean it was the first leg of an international trip? Any help identifying the year would be most appreciated.

stub
Old Apr 8, 2020, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
BTS data goes back to 1987; I found the flight number in 1995,96,97,98,99 ... there may be other years too

https://transtats.bts.gov/ONTIME/Arrivals.aspx
Old Apr 8, 2020, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I found one that looks just like this, and based on the destination and my life at the time, I knew it was from the late-90s. Maybe 1997 or 1998.

I think mine also had the ACS sticker but it was not an Intl itinerary.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
I have ones of these from an L1011 flight SFO-ATL from 1998, also with an ACS sticker (yellow)
Justin026 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 6:53 pm

It is scary how much some people here know about DL. Being able to date a boarding pass - or even try is impressive.
hi55us likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Talking geek alert

Originally Posted by FlyingBeanCounter
It is scary how much some people here know about DL. Being able to date a boarding pass - or even try is impressive.
I’ve posted about this in a few other threads, but I have BPs (and, until about 5 years ago, ticket envelopes) for ~2500 commercial flights dating back to 1971, and a log that includes the tail number of each aircraft and a bunch of other cumulative data (it’s mainly an Excel spreadsheet; I haven’t updated the paper version in a couple years, but that could be a quarantine project)
Old Apr 8, 2020, 8:58 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by jrl767
I’ve posted about this in a few other threads, but I have BPs (and, until about 5 years ago, ticket envelopes) for ~2500 commercial flights dating back to 1971, and a log that includes the tail number of each aircraft and a bunch of other cumulative data (it’s mainly an Excel spreadsheet; I haven’t updated the paper version in a couple years, but that could be a quarantine project)
I have digitized my total collection of on-board flight announcements 80's-90's for many major world airlines. The crew often identify themselves by name.

The most noteworthy was a PA Capt Bama announcing he blew an engine and was going back to JFK after dumping fuel (listed by date and flight number)
Old Apr 9, 2020, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Huzzah! Thank you all for the quick replies!

This was from 1997 when I flew out to Las Vegas to catch U2's first night on the POPmart tour.
HNL1K, gooselee and LAX-1K like this.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Northwest actually included the year on their BPs (PARS functionality), which was a massive help when I started to catalogue my shoebox full of BPs. KLM, Korean, Air Tran, JetStar & a few others do this too.

AFAIK, nothing in SABRE prints the year, so anything from legacy AA/USAir/Midwest Express won't have it. Better have a good AvGeek memory!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.