FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Flights History (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2015088-flights-history.html)

Eddie98 Apr 4, 2020 1:11 pm

Flights History

As far as I can see I can only look back my history about 3 years. I tried searching but nothing came up. Is there somewhere on the website I can search my flight history beyond 3 yrs ago. I would like to see my history from 5-7 yrs ago.
Thanks,

Mountain Explorer Apr 4, 2020 11:47 pm

I think the only option would be your email. If you use a service such as Gmail that never deletes messages, you should be able to search for your confirmation emails.

Often1 Apr 5, 2020 4:20 pm

You could ask DL whether it retains this data in a useful form. Highly unlikely and less likely during this crisis, but at least you will know whether the data exists.

Zorak Apr 5, 2020 5:49 pm

There's a thread in the Marriott forum about info they collect on you and people requesting copies of this which results in basically a complete data dump:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ze-you-11.html

Don't know if DL will do the same thing especially in jurisdictions that don't mandate it, but the instructions in the Marriott thread link you to their privacy page, so analogously in the DL case I might start with item 9 under DL's privacy policy.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/legal/privacy-and-security

Wonder if I could use this to fill in gaps in my flight log too :D though my missing info is mostly on other airlines from back in my kettle days.

WillBarrett_68 Apr 7, 2020 11:48 am

Delta definitely has this data, somewhere. The question is their ability and willingness to actually track it down and give it to you.

Exiled in Express Apr 7, 2020 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 (Post 32273027)
Delta definitely has this data, somewhere. The question is their ability and willingness to actually track it down and give it to you.

I was able to get my complete Southwest record from Day One via a Twitter request a few months ago. May want to try that when the front lines are less busy with more urgent matters. Southwest was straight forward as everything was linked to a single frequent flyer number. I know I have credited my Delta flying in different places in at least 4 other programs over the years so unlikely to get a complete record using that method.

Grouchy Apr 7, 2020 2:49 pm

A couple of years ago I made a request with reference to articles 12 and 15 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (AVG/GDPR).
Delta Air Lines replied with an Excel file containing all my trips, non-ticket transactions, customer care, survey comments, profile and online activity data.

13thandseven Apr 7, 2020 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Grouchy (Post 32273617)
A couple of years ago I made a request with reference to articles 12 and 15 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (AVG/GDPR).
Delta Air Lines replied with an Excel file containing all my trips, non-ticket transactions, customer care, survey comments, profile and online activity data.

How did you make that request? I would like to see the data they've collected on me.

Grouchy Apr 8, 2020 5:18 am

Originally Posted by 13thandseven (Post 32274536)
How did you make that request? I would like to see the data they've collected on me.

I did send an email to DAL (see 9.8 of their privacy policy) based on the The EU general data protection regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), still have the emails;

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a customer of yours, and with reference to articles 12 and 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation (AVG/GDPR), I am making this request for access to personal data.
I request that you provide the following information to me:

-Please provide me with the categories of personal data/information you (and your partners such as SkyMiles and KLM) have about me in your files and databases.

-Please provide me with a copy of, or access to, my personal data that you have or are processing (as described on your website as):

9. YOUR RIGHTS

This section 9 applies only to individuals in the European Union and other countries which grant the rights described here. These rights will apply only in certain circumstances.

9.1. Requesting a copy of your information

To the extent you are legally entitled, you can request confirmation of whether or not we process your personal information, and details of the information that we hold about you and how we use it.

You also have a right to access your personal information and to be provided with a copy.

I appeal for my request based on Article 12 and 15 first paragraph of the General Regulation data protection (AVG).
I would like to receive an answer from you to the above request within a month & a copy of all personal data that is processed. Based on the general data protection regulation you may not charge me for this.

Kind regards/Vriendelijk gegroet,
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
Kingdom of the Netherlands

Skymiles# 1234567890

and added an edited copy of my passport to that email as further proof. Around 29 days later i got an email;

Dear Grouchy,

Using the identity information you provided to us, below is a secure link to the data file in support of your Subject Access Request submitted to us on xx/xx/20xx.
https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is protected by a password which I will share with you separately.
The link will accessible for 30 days.

Our Privacy Policy provides you with detail on the data we collect, why we collect it and how it is used.
If you have any question on the content of the file, please let us know.

Sincerely,
xxxxxx

Posted some info and some screenshots last year in this post:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30635864-post8.html

OHDL1 Apr 8, 2020 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 32267425)
You could ask DL whether it retains this data in a useful form. Highly unlikely and less likely during this crisis, but at least you will know whether the data exists.

Didn't Delta research older records but, for a price at one time?

Eddie98 Apr 8, 2020 11:46 am

I'm going to send an email and see what happens.

PDXMSPSEA Apr 19, 2020 1:19 pm

Looking for tail numbers, the DOT data was highly helpful, for all but the Compass and Endeavor flights, those are fat nothing. Anyone have ideas on those two DL regionals?

Zorak Apr 19, 2020 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by PDXMSPSEA (Post 32307217)
Looking for tail numbers, the DOT data was highly helpful, for all but the Compass and Endeavor flights, those are fat nothing. Anyone have ideas on those two DL regionals?

As I recall, regionals aren't always included in the BTS data for whatever reason? When I first started up my flight log last year, I backfilled a few gaps including international flights using planefinder.net, which was basically like FR24 with historical replay so if you knew roughly when a flight took off or landed you could move the map to that airport around the right time and see if you could catch it (I have a lot of free time on my hands :o :D) but when I went back again more recently they appear to have severely limited that functionality. (although even that was a while ago, so possibly it's changed)

How long ago are you looking to go? If it's within 365 days then anyone with a FR24 account could look it up for you. Business plan goes back to 2 years.

Meanwhile, I sent messages to WN (Twitter), UA (contact us form) and DL (contact us form) a week or two ago asking if they had flight data (and making it clear that obv this was a low priority request given COVID and all)

WN replied almost immediately and happily sent a spreadsheet but only back to 2014 and only with RR activity so I could see when points were earned from flights but not any actual data. I asked if they had O&D info etc. and going further back and got a 2nd spreadsheet with flight numbers and airports but still only back to 2014. It's not that important so I left it at that.

UA replied back and said basically what's on the web site is what we can get you.

DL hasn't replied yet (totally fine, again this is super unimportant)

PDXMSPSEA Apr 21, 2020 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 32307402)
As I recall, regionals aren't always included in the BTS data for whatever reason? When I first started up my flight log last year, I backfilled a few gaps including international flights using planefinder.net, which was basically like FR24 with historical replay so if you knew roughly when a flight took off or landed you could move the map to that airport around the right time and see if you could catch it (I have a lot of free time on my hands :o :D) but when I went back again more recently they appear to have severely limited that functionality. (although even that was a while ago, so possibly it's changed)

How long ago are you looking to go? If it's within 365 days then anyone with a FR24 account could look it up for you. Business plan goes back to 2 years.

Meanwhile, I sent messages to WN (Twitter), UA (contact us form) and DL (contact us form) a week or two ago asking if they had flight data (and making it clear that obv this was a low priority request given COVID and all)

WN replied almost immediately and happily sent a spreadsheet but only back to 2014 and only with RR activity so I could see when points were earned from flights but not any actual data. I asked if they had O&D info etc. and going further back and got a 2nd spreadsheet with flight numbers and airports but still only back to 2014. It's not that important so I left it at that.

UA replied back and said basically what's on the web site is what we can get you.

DL hasn't replied yet (totally fine, again this is super unimportant)

2014-2015

ATOBTTR Dec 16, 2020 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Novocain (Post 32890678)
Hi
Would someone be able to help with identifying whether Easyjet flight number 7179 was cancelled, leaving Liverpool 6am (Lpl) arriving in Malaga (AGP) on 15 August 2020, 9.55am.

also whether the return flight was cancelled on 30 August departing AGP at 10.30am arriving LPL at 12.30pm with flight number 7180.

thanks

I recommend you ask your question in the forum "Other European Airlines," since EasyJet does not have a dedicated forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...-airlines-469/, but this will be the best place to obtain the answer you are looking for (you asked this question in the Delta Air Lines sub-forum).