Search

SkyPanel going on haitus - Redeem now!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2020, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
SkyPanel going on haitus - Redeem now!

For those who participate in the Delta SkyPanel, I received a message that they are basically suspending it and you have to redeem your points by April 16th. So if you have enough to redeem I suggest doing it now as it is unclear if this program will return.

While the Sky Panel community will not be active, you can still redeem your points for miles until Thursday, April 16, 2020 at https://deltaskypanel.com/portal. After that date, you will no longer be able to redeem Sky Panel points.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yikes. I think SkyPanel is operated by an outside marketing (?) firm, so this would be consistent with their decision for Sky magazine. DL is trying to conserve cash by stopping contracts with outside vendors that aren't essential for continued operations. We shouldn't be surprised.

However, what about those badges?
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:31 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
I wonder if we can speak freely about the experience if they shut the program down for good. There's at least one delta.com feature that was discussed that a lot of people would like to hear is at least somewhat under consideration.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I don't think we'll be seeing any new delta.com features any time soon with the effort to conserve cash.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by rylan
I don't think we'll be seeing any new delta.com features any time soon with the effort to conserve cash.
Once this is all over with, DL has to improve the online ability to change flights (especially during waivers) to avoid overloading the phone system over a simple change or cancellation.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:19 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
How did you get on this??
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
How did you get on this??
It was an invite only group. Not sure what their criteria was.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 3:35 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Did Delta actually listen AND implement any suggestions from the panel?
Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:00 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just redeemed my points today. Sad.....but the last question from Tim was a classy exit.

It would have been a nice gesture to round up points to enable participants to get a few more miles, especially since the numbers of redeemable miles involved are so small.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 1:29 pm

BUMP!

Today is last chance day and I haven't seen any indication of a specific time (midnight in ATL, close of business in ATL, midnight GMT (which is the clock used for posts), etc.).

You can only redeem 9,000 points (for 1,000 RDMs) in each transaction (or smaller thresholds). A page appears with a bunch of numbers, so you might want to do this from a computer attached to a printer. Then (within a couple minutes) there's a vague email from host Tim confirming each redemption. They say that miles appear in one's FF account (no opportunity to gift directly) in several weeks.

DO IT NOW.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I redeemed as many of my points I could when I got the notice a couple weeks ago, however never received a confirmation email. I see the transactions listed in my activity.
Old May 12, 2020, 4:28 pm

Did others receive their miles for this? I redeemed on April 14th or 15th, so that it's been more than three weeks.
Old May 12, 2020, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Did others receive their miles for this? I redeemed on April 14th or 15th, so that it's been more than three weeks.
Not yet
Old May 12, 2020, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Nope, nothing here either.
Old May 19, 2020, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Was this similar to SkyAdvisor where people completed post flight surveys for the flight (this was before surveys were mailed to people)? SkyAdvisor was also invite-only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.