Air France Intra-EU Perks as DL Gold

Old Mar 25, 20, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Air France Intra-EU Perks as DL Gold

I'm looking to book a KRK-CDG intra EU flight for this summer and I can book either a light or a standard fare. Since I am gold/ ST E+, will my companion and I still receive free checked bags if we book the light fare?
Old Mar 25, 20, 4:34 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a free agent
Yes for free checked bag. If they had a lounge in KRK, you'd get access also, but I'm pretty sure there is no lounge in KRK for AF.

Last edited by SEA-Flyer; Mar 25, 20 at 5:46 pm
Old Mar 25, 20, 4:40 pm

This older thread has info that still will be true: AirFrance Mini Fares - DL Medallion perks?
Old Mar 25, 20, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Thanks. I am also going to be flying CDG-FCO on Alitalia, should their lite fare still get me a free checked bag? Unfortunately not going to be able to carry on for this trip.
Old Mar 25, 20, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by hi55us View Post
Thanks. I am also going to be flying CDG-FCO on Alitalia, should their lite fare still get me a free checked bag? Unfortunately not going to be able to carry on for this trip.
If memory serves me, you do get an assigned seat and checked back as Skyteam ElitePlus flying AZ on a light fare intra-Europe. It is only for the ST E+ member and does not extend to other passengers on the itinerary.
Old Mar 25, 20, 5:44 pm

I only flew AZ one time, FCO-CDG (flew AF for the outbound CDG-FCO). Was allowed checked bag and lounge access based on Delta status. But seat assignments wouldn't stick. Got auto-assigned crappy seats. Was able to fix seating at the check-in counter after a pretty big hassle.
Old Mar 26, 20, 10:56 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
You actually get the additional bag as an "SKYTEAM ELITE" benefit, not because of your Delta status. If you're Skyteam Elite you are getting one additional piece of lugagge with any Skyteam airline, so if you book an basic/mini/light fare which comes with zero bags your Skyteam status will make this one bag.
Old Mar 26, 20, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BER Flyer View Post
You actually get the additional bag as an "SKYTEAM ELITE" benefit, not because of your Delta status. If you're Skyteam Elite you are getting one additional piece of lugagge with any Skyteam airline, so if you book an basic/mini/light fare which comes with zero bags your Skyteam status will make this one bag.
However I think you must be STE+ not just STE.
Old Mar 28, 20, 5:33 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
However I think you must be STE+ not just STE.
No, Skyteam gives you an extra bag already for their lowest tier "Elite", so an Delta silver mediallion with get an extrag bag at every Skyteam airline.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: