Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy ticket on DL site for AM metal?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2020, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Buy ticket on DL site for AM metal?

I'm looking at buying a RT, LAX<>LIM, for later this year. Aeromexico has the best sked and prices, but I'm hoping I can book through DL to use a voucher I've got.

Is there any way to do this, either on the site, or by calling? I could swear I've done it before, but I'm not seeing the option now.

FWIW, as an example, I'm looking at August 12th, AM 645 and 48, and returning on the 19th via AM 49 and 648.

I suspect this is something well known and understood, that I've escaped knowing.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 4:15 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
Try to get the itinerary you want via ITA matrix and then use the BookWithMatrix extension or website. There should then be an option to book with Delta. This *may* work or it may not work, but it’s worth a try.
Presguy likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:43 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Does the voucher allow you to fly an airline other than Delta? Every voucher I've received from Delta required to be Delta metal. Aside from ITA like kpbadger said, you could call. But those waits are rough right now.
Presguy likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Weekend Away
...you could call. But those waits are rough right now.
And please don't tie up an agent trying to book a ticket for far down the line when they're busy trying to help those with immediate issues (can't get back to the US, was scheduled to fly this week, etc.).

-RM
Presguy likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

kpbadger - Very much appreciate the tip. Unfortunately, I tried with both the website and the extension, but didn't have the option to book directly with DL.

Thank you, though.

Last edited by Presguy; Mar 24, 2020 at 8:10 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

RobOnLI - For sure... I didn't call because I didn't want to wait on hold, or use up an in demand resource (phone support).
Old Mar 25, 2020, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You'll need to call. However I'm not sure your voucher will work for the fare you see. Most require booking DL metal or DL codeshare numbers.

AF/KL are generally the only exception and even that isn't guaranteed.
Presguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.