Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Flight Cancellation Online Modify Change Date vs Cancel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

I booked a flight from Cancun to the US few weeks ago to go back to the US. I'm American. Well from how it looks, I will most likely not fly this week. I booked my flight in early March knowing that i could cancel it for future credit. Now if i cancel my flight, i can do this online with no issue right? When i logged into my delta account online, it shows modify flight... i click it and then it gives option of change flight date or cancel flight. I think I might fly in a week after or few weeks after if things get a bit better. If not obviously one month plus etc.

So best to cancel flight right and not rebook flight? Also the price that i paid for the ticket few weeks ago is double current price now almost. So since i don't plan to fly this week, just cancel it right and then within a day, i get the credit to my account? This should be no issue right? The reason i ask this is because there are still flights from cancun to US and vice versa but if you don't want to fly, you automatically get the credit right? My flight is on wednesday so i have to make sure i cancel it by tomorrow tuesday?

Thanks.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 9:40 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
You don't even have to cancel if you don't take the flight they will automatically give you an ecredit within 24 hours. Just make sure you save your ticket number as that will be the ecredit number
Old Mar 23, 2020, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Yes, you can cancel the flight online and get a credit for the unused part of the ticket (which in your case should be the whole ticket). It showed up pretty quickly in my wallet.

You don't *have* to cancel by tomorrow, because if you don't show up for the flight, the value of the ticket is automatically converted to an eCredit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.