Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2020, 11:03 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Aloha1
Flew MCO/DTW a few days ago. FC was 75% full, no seat blocking in evidence. Main probably 70%. Had to laugh when I saw Bastian's interview on CNBC about allowing no more than 60% occupancy. Flight was at 5 PM, over 900 miles, and no flight fuel boxes were provided. Just the baggy with crud. Self provisioned from WAWA before arriving at MCO plus 2 Rum mini's in ziplock bag. Bought a Coke airside and, viola! I see no reason why DL cannot restore drink service.
Well of course they can. After all American and United are doing it as is Spirit. It's just cheaper not to and to claim it's for health reasons.
Aloha1, cmd320, AANYC1981 and 1 others like this.
Old May 31, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
When looking at flight in July, it appears that Y middle and select aisle seats have been blocked through the end of July (but the pop-up message still says it’s through June 30th) When they extended this policy, it appears they unblocked all seats in F for selection, so it’s possible that you could be seated next to someone in F, but not Y. With this being said, you are now guaranteed more seat width space in Y than you are in F.
They are still only selling domestic F to 50% capacity even though they haven’t blocked the seats from advance seat assignment. I have an upcoming domestic F flight in early June on the 75S with 16 seats up front and even though no seats are blocked from advance assignment, the flight is showing sold out in F (and a check with a DL agent confirmed that F is booked full at 8 pax).
Old May 31, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Aloha1
Flew MCO/DTW a few days ago. FC was 75% full, no seat blocking in evidence.
Some of those pax may be couples. If there are more couples traveling together, they can fill more than 50% of the F cabin.
Old May 31, 2020, 12:58 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Some of those pax may be couples. If there are more couples traveling together, they can fill more than 50% of the F cabin.
Even if there are couples willing to sit next to each other, agents aren't allowed to exceed the 50% cap.
Old May 31, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by LAX_AUS_DL_FLYER
I had them on paid LAX-JFK in December 2017 and I think I got food poisoning afterwards, but they tasted good.
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Seriously? You are posting about supposed meatball food poisoning from 2017 on a flight but they tasted good? SMH...
Who knows at this point if we will ever see the meatballs (or any other F meal) return again?
Old May 31, 2020, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I have a redeye on AA coming up LAX-JFK and even the redeye has a proper hot meal (probably at least 3 different options too) in Business Class and open bar once airborne....

DL needs to fix their premium cabin domestic offering ASAP.

Yes, I do appreciate a meal being offered because I’m coming off of another domestic flight with a tight connection and no time to stop for anything.
Old May 31, 2020, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL- PM, AA-PlatPro
Originally Posted by Fly_Delta_Jets
Even if there are couples willing to sit next to each other, agents aren't allowed to exceed the 50% cap.
Recently flew with my partner and they cannot exceed the 50% cap as of now. The gate agent asked if one of us wanted to sit in first class or stay together in our exit row seats, she said she wasn't allowed to exceed the 50% cap and there was only one more seat in first class she was allowed to fill.
Old May 31, 2020, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton HHonors, AAdvantage, Tier 8 Status - Hotel Tonight
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Seriously? You are posting about supposed meatball food poisoning from 2017 on a flight but they tasted good? SMH...
So What? They tasted good. We had a bad crew on an A333 so they probably weren't cooked properly.
Old May 31, 2020, 7:25 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
How was an MCO-DTW flight allowed to be so full? If true, this is a MAJOR problem. Do you have any pictures? I am considering booking this flight in July if they still have blocking. If they are unable/unwilling to commit to that in July I will not fly, that simple....
Old May 31, 2020, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by cfabar1
How was an MCO-DTW flight allowed to be so full? If true, this is a MAJOR problem. Do you have any pictures? I am considering booking this flight in July if they still have blocking. If they are unable/unwilling to commit to that in July I will not fly, that simple....
You shouldn’t travel in general if you’re that worried....proper social distancing doesn’t exist on planes even with seat blocking.
Old May 31, 2020, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
You shouldn’t travel in general if you’re that worried....proper social distancing doesn’t exist on planes even with seat blocking.
100% agree. Getting on a plane is a choice. Period.
GagaPilot and MCO Flyer like this.
Old May 31, 2020, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
I second to this. DL is really shooting itself in the foot with these so called “social distancing” measures as this is one of the major issues that’s screwing up inventory right now. It’s impossible to properly social distance on planes to comply with CDC guidelines (6ft) unless they only want to fill it to 25% capacity. These measures DL is taking are only giving people a false sense of security (there is still someone sitting inches in front of you, regardless if you are in F or Y. At this point, DL needs to quit it with this nonsense and start filling planes so they can try to make money right now. AA and UA have refused to put capacity restrictions in place at this point and some of their planes are still going out full at this moment.
Old May 31, 2020, 9:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Flying right now is safer than going to the supermarket. There are many people at Giant Food or Wegman's that never heard of social distancing.
cmd320, KDCAflyer and dmarge18 like this.
Old May 31, 2020, 10:55 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I highly doubt that the crew was cooking them from raw. They should have been cooked all the way through by the caterer and then reheated on board. If the food wasn't stored properly, either by the caterer (more likely) or the crew (less likely) then that might be the issue.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 2:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ND76
Flying right now is safer than going to the supermarket. There are many people at Giant Food or Wegman's that never heard of social distancing.
Agreed, but these people that are freaking out because their flight seems full need to not be traveling.....DLs seat blocking is just an optic and not even adhering to a 6 foot minimum distance.

As much as I hate to say it, UAs Kirby was right when he said social distancing does not exist on a plane.
hurnik, cmd320, GagaPilot and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.