Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Still there

JFK/CUN in early Spetember still shows breakfast out, lunch return. Not sure what those meals consist of though.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by thebat
JFK/CUN in early Spetember still shows breakfast out, lunch return. Not sure what those meals consist of though.
If your reservation lets you add a special meal request, chances are it will be a kitchen prepared plated meal. If not it will probably be a boxed pre-packaged meal.
willoL likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atldiamond
Maybe. The website and app are showing dinner on ATL LAX but not ATL ANC. So maybe they've started on LAX flights >1500 miles. MSP/DTW<-> LAX also shows meals.
The latest service listings on flights are in the Wiki now. Meals now look to start with FC flights between SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC and other hubs/focus cities over 1500 miles on 7/28. Other FC routes over 1500 miles (like to/from ANC) do not get meals until 8/17 or 8/24 (ANC and FAI start on 8/24). Hub-to-hub routes between 900 - 1500 miles also get meals starting on 8/24. Finally, on 8/31, all flights between 900 and 1500 miles get meals during mealtime as published under pre-Covid standards on DL website.
arunhn likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 21, 2021 at 10:39 am
Old Jul 21, 2021, 11:05 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
I haven't seen it explicitly mentioned, but the FC meal resumption dates are also when, allegedly, Food for Purchase will return in Y. Time will tell.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
The "failed food service reintroduction" problem wasn't an issue until the last few weeks (at most, if affecting D1 flights; if it's just FC and not D1, that's four days all in Q3), so it wouldn't affect card spend by much for the Q2 report, and chargebacks would be a recent phenomenon as well.

I think they at least need to say "snack but no meal" rather than passing off a snack box as a "meal". If you have two or three legs to deal with, this reasonably affects if you need a longer layover to get a meal (for example) or if you opt to buy a meal at the airport.

Right, we shall see in the coming months. I agree on the 'snack' point, just being honest and set the expectation. Always better to overdeliver.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
It will be very interesting to see if DL hits their end of August meals in F, flights over 900 miles. I have a flight in Sept DCA-MSP in F.
Oddly, they hit the drink service resumption on the date they stated. In fact, I was on a 0600 flight that morning and the FA was thrilled to have coffee to serve.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 11:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by xliioper
The latest service listings on flights are in the Wiki now. Meals now look to start with FC flights between SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC and other hubs/focus cities over 1500 miles on 7/28. Other FC routes over 1500 miles (like to/from ANC) do not get meals until 8/17 or 8/24 (ANC and FAI start on 8/24). Hub-to-hub routes between 900 - 1500 miles also get meals starting on 8/24. Finally, on 8/31, all flights between 900 and 1500 miles get meals during mealtime as published under pre-Covid standards on DL website.
Looks like I can pick a special meal for MSP->ANC on 8/21 and the return on 8/26. I am not originating at MSP and no special meal is obviously available on that shorter leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.