Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Old Jul 18, 2021, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dw
And I don’t think “premium” should ever be used to describe anything served in F on a domestic route of the US 3 ;-)
‘Premium’ is actually a term used most often to describe things which are anything but. Find any plastic liquor bottle out there and I can almost guarantee you’ll find the word ‘premium’ somewhere on the label.
dw, jdrtravel, strickerj and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 6:02 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
LAS-JFK 767-400 D1. Flight marketed and sold as D1 but no meals (wasn’t really looking for one) and no blankets and pillows. Delta rep that responded to my complaint said it was only for international long haul D1 flights only but I’ve gotten them on domestic D1 flights before, JFK-LAX and JFK-LAS (757). Called the rep out on this and he/she finally offered 10,000 skypesos.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by xjaehyun
LAS-JFK 767-400 D1. Flight marketed and sold as D1 but no meals (wasn’t really looking for one) and no blankets and pillows. Delta rep that responded to my complaint said it was only for international long haul D1 flights only but I’ve gotten them on domestic D1 flights before, JFK-LAX and JFK-LAS (757). Called the rep out on this and he/she finally offered 10,000 skypesos.
Completely unacceptable. I’d be disputing the CC charge.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
LAS-JFK 767-400 D1. Flight marketed and sold as D1 but no meals (wasn’t really looking for one) and no blankets and pillows.
My real question is why is anybody paying for D1 until this is rectified? I mean we know that DL isn't provisioning what they should, and if people are still booking it DL may be thinking, hey people don't care!

Unless you're really craving that prem cabin status accelerator... I just don't see it.
rylan likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
This...

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
My real question is why is anybody paying for D1 until this is rectified? I mean we know that DL isn't provisioning what they should, and if people are still booking it DL may be thinking, hey people don't care!
OP and all the other sheep that automatically book DL nOne get no sympathy here.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I flat out won't pay for D1 until service is restored. It's not worth the ridiculous premium. I used a RUC for the ATL-LAX A350 suite, but I was on a main cabin ticket and just wanted the better seat. DL wanted over $1k for that seat marketed as F. I normally fly the DCA-LAX-DCA D1 route a couple of times a year, but I won't pay for that flight either up front.

We also need to continue to put pressure on Delta to restore service, but honestly I see all of the "vacationers" who are paying for the seats up front right now and I don't think DL cares what business travelers think. I think they just want to get through this summer and then reevaluate.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was it the red-eye flight? They don't list meal service for that flight. No blankets and pillows is still a fail of course.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by xliioper
Was it the red-eye flight? They don't list meal service for that flight. No blankets and pillows is still a fail of course.
Probably a mix up among the many lies DL has engaged in recently. According to delta.com, the red eye is supposed to have food for purchase in Delta One, but of course we know that's not right. When a company ops to flat out lie about anything concerning catering, eventually they will even confuse themselves.

Last edited by fly747first; Jul 19, 2021 at 7:49 am
Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Meal Services entry is actually blank (EF also shows it as blank) and there's an App bug in these cases and it inherits the entry for coach. Obviously there should be some entry there, but it's likely blank because they don't serve a meal on this flight.

Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Amazing how COVID knows the difference and stays away from select routes based upon DLs marketing.
DL had to wait for the Delta (Air Lines) variant to become dominant for covid to learn this difference.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
Rumor on the street is that Covid made DL allergic to good food... LOL
yup, ATL to CDG on C+ , they swear they gave me chicken..pretty much inedible. Glad I came back on Air France.
fly747first and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 9:49 am

Unless you're really craving that prem cabin status accelerator... I just don't see it.

I didn’t pay for D1. I booked main cabin with miles and used an RUC to upgrade, as I wanted to sleep somewhat comfortably on the redeye back to JFK. But yeah you’re right. I would never straight up pay cash for D1.
krazykanuck and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by xliioper

Yes it was the redeye. It indeed was a fail. It’s amazing how Delta continuously blames covid for the cutbacks. I’d prefer if they told everyone that they’re doing it this way to try to save money. At least they’d be honest.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold

I suspect that many of those who are paying for D1 are not spending their own money, and may have corporate contracts with Delta. Also, while I fully agree that the soft product situation is inexcusable right now, I imagine that most people who are flying in D1 care most about the seat. I know I do. If I were spending my own money I would choose a carrier that was offering full service, but if I were flying for work and D1 was the option, it still beats sitting in coach for 5+ hours!
Old Jul 19, 2021, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I suspect that many of those who are paying for D1 are not spending their own money, and may have corporate contracts with Delta. Also, while I fully agree that the soft product situation is inexcusable right now, I imagine that most people who are flying in D1 care most about the seat. I know I do. If I were spending my own money I would choose a carrier that was offering full service, but if I were flying for work and D1 was the option, it still beats sitting in coach for 5+ hours!
Very fair points but one thing to consider is that when DL can't be bothered to ensure that blankets and pillows are consistently loaded on designated domestic D1 flights, the experience is very different because those seats feel pretty hard to sleep on without a proper pillow.
unitedbusiness and cmd320 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.