Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 21, 21, 11:18 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: xliioper
Wiki Link
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-...omestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 4, 21, 8:06 am

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, beam me up! (or UA First)
Originally Posted by kpbadger View Post

Wife's comment: "The first flight was great, middle flights were comfort plus with a bigger seat, last one was flying Spirit."
I'll disagree with the last part of that statement.. flying Spirit the service would have been better. I've flown over 100 Spirit flights, most of them in Big Front Seat, and I cannot think of a single time (or duration of flight, be it MCO-FLL or even FLL-NAS on full Airbus) where I wasn't asked if I wanted to purchase a drink within 10 minutes of take-off.

My recent DL F experiences FLL-ATL-DFW were a little different. A 0600 departure FLL-ATL and the F/A offered a choice of the snack boxes (too short of flight I thought) and then water then drink orders. ATL-DFW was Clif bar and a biscoff handed to each plus choice of drinks. Bottled water I think was already on each seat divider at boarding and more was handed out prior to landing.
cmd320 and strickerj like this.
Old Jul 4, 21, 9:06 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by JAXPax View Post
I'll disagree with the last part of that statement.. flying Spirit the service would have been better. I've flown over 100 Spirit flights, most of them in Big Front Seat, and I cannot think of a single time (or duration of flight, be it MCO-FLL or even FLL-NAS on full Airbus) where I wasn't asked if I wanted to purchase a drink within 10 minutes of take-off.
Speaking of which, after reading through this thread, I'm actually considering Spirit for some of our leisure travel. I'm not sure I'd risk a connection with them given their on-time reputation, but they've got plenty of nonstops from here (DTW), and their Big Front Seat is pretty reasonably priced. We only spring for first class for the extra room (and no stranger in our row) anyway. At least on Spirit, you already know that's all you're getting.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 4, 21, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
Approximately how far out did you receive the menu availability? I've got some flights later this month (SFO/JFK) and so far, nada. Where did it appear on the app?
PreCOVID-19, the opportunity to select meals, for D1 TATL and TPAC, started seven days in advance. The opportunity to make or change the selection ended at T-24.
Zorak likes this.
Old Jul 4, 21, 11:24 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
PreCOVID-19, the opportunity to select meals, for D1 TATL and TPAC, started seven days in advance. The opportunity to make or change the selection ended at T-24.
It was actually 21 days out that it would be available in the app and you would get a e-mail reminder 3 days out. As you stated, the opportunity to pre-select ended at T-24
Zorak likes this.
Old Jul 4, 21, 1:13 pm

FC Meal options

Was sent an email with two options to choose from: Sous-vide chicken thigh roulade with citrus herb butter, sweet potato puree, and lacinato kale with caramelized onions or fresh mozzarella lasagna with calabrian chili peppers and tomato sauce

Anyone have any thoughts or have tried either of these? I know how hit and miss these meals can be and it will be a looonggg day, so hoping for something nice
Old Jul 4, 21, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Was sent an email with two options to choose from: Sous-vide chicken thigh roulade with citrus herb butter, sweet potato puree, and lacinato kale with caramelized onions or fresh mozzarella lasagna with calabrian chili peppers and tomato sauce

Anyone have any thoughts or have tried either of these? I know how hit and miss these meals can be and it will be a looonggg day, so hoping for something nice
What route is this on?
Old Jul 4, 21, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

Lasagna as of a couple days ago (JFK-FCO):

Was decent enough, but I haven't tried the chicken.
jaimemayo, N830MH and Waddles like this.

Last edited by aacar; Jul 4, 21 at 1:41 pm
Old Jul 4, 21, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
What route is this on?
Atlanta - Quito, Ecuador (ATL-UIO) - I was pleasantly surprised to even receive the email after keeping expectations low!
Old Jul 4, 21, 1:30 pm

I appreciate the response and photo! Definitely looks nice, what was in the top-middle dish if you don't mind me asking??
Old Jul 4, 21, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I appreciate the response and photo! Definitely looks nice, what was in the top-middle dish if you don't mind me asking??
Some sort of corn soup I believe, I wasn't very hungry though so didn't try it.
Old Jul 4, 21, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak View Post
Any recent experiences with international special meals in PS/Y?
C+ ATL to CDG. We chose the "chicken marsala" and regretted not getting the pasta. Bland and chewy meat (according to them it was chicken) with barely any sauce. Sticky rice and a salad. The only good thing was the Ben and Jerry ice cream. For breakfast they gave us some fruit and a cinnamon bun which was ok. I am glad we had eaten at the Lounge previously. I am hoping our meal with AF is better on our way back.

Old Jul 4, 21, 9:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM
My pre-select options for ATL-HNL July 7

Not sure if any of these are good

Old Jul 4, 21, 10:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by arunhn View Post

I flew this same route back in May and the choices were the exact same. I went with the Beef Tenderloin and it was pretty good (photo below).

arunhn, CHK897 and Minnyappleus like this.
Old Jul 5, 21, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer View Post
This actually already happened to me while flying in D1! Flew HNL-ATL and the pre-arrival breakfast meal only had one choice (Oatmeal) and it was presented like a normal meal served on a tray with bread and fruit, but the Oatmeal was served freezing cold! The oatmeal was absolutely terrible and had literally no taste whatsoever.
You're so right! That's terrible! Not good at all. You gotta wait for landings. You can go eat breakfast in the entire concourse. Go to Great American Bagels or something like that. They served breakfast. Your decide. Next time you tell your FA and don't bring your second meal.

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Don't switch to AA for the meals. We got a gross sandwich in a box on PHX-OGG last week (in F).
That's terrible! Not good at all. Always you bring your own foods from the concessions or from your home.

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876 View Post
So, we need a coordinated effort to get everyone to write in and complain about COLD OATMEAL being served in FC. If I got this and wasn't told it was cold, I would be SO pissed. (I wouldn't order oatmeal to begin with but...)
You gotta wait for landings. You can go eat breakfast in the entire concourse. Cold meal is not good at all. Don't orders it! Don't do it!

Originally Posted by arunhn View Post

Is that only for First Class? What they have? What about coach class meal? What do they have?
Old Jul 5, 21, 9:04 am

Programs: DL DM, MM
Yes, this is for Delta One (business class equivalent). I don't know what is served in coach.
N830MH likes this.

Search this Thread