Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 7:35 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA, DL
Unimportant question to some: Do they have limes in FC? Sorry for the question but one must be prepared!
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
D1 menus are here!

https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/indexB.html

Just change the route (origin and destination) in the URL to see the selection for your flight. Menu will vary depending on time of the day (specifically, your device time)
strickerj likes this.

Last edited by ab2013; Jun 15, 2021 at 9:45 am
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Seems a bit light for D1. Didn't the D1 domestic meals used to have appetizers as well?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Trying to wade through this thread, which is changing understandably as travel ramps up. We are flying MSP-HNL in mid July (July 17th, so "late July" according to DL's math, amirite?) and I found some good info here about D1 service on the route, but didn't see Y+ info.
We will be in Economy Comfort. Can anyone point me to a reply/post here telling current situation on MSP-HNL in Y/Y+, or if anyone knows? Meals, drinks, blankets/pillows?
Thanks so much in advance.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
There does seem to be some progress. I just checked my October Delta One SAN-JFK flight and its finally listed as Lunch, not just Snacks which had been the case as recent as two weeks ago
Old Jun 15, 2021, 10:07 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by cmd320
Seems a bit light for D1. Didn't the D1 domestic meals used to have appetizers as well?
If you're not happy with their offering, vote with your wallet. I started flying again in late May, and all of my flights have been on Alaska except for a single redeye flight that was on Delta.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by vivrant
Here are our entree choices this week JFK-BOG non-stop on their 767-300 in D1
Good news is we can hit up the Amex Centurion lounge at JFK which is VERY nice but I am afraid there will be an hour wait to get in.

Can get your fill at the Centurión in JFK and use that as a snack.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ab2013
If you're not happy with their offering, vote with your wallet. I started flying again in late May, and all of my flights have been on Alaska except for a single redeye flight that was on Delta.
Yeah on a premium transcon route D1 would be the next to last product I’d book behind Mint, Flagship F/J, and even Polaris since you can get some pretty decent aircraft on United. Not sure why Delta insists on using its worst D1 product on premium transcon routes.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by liwarren
Unimportant question to some: Do they have limes in FC? Sorry for the question but one must be prepared!
I asked on my flight last week ATL-LAS. The FA looked at me like I had two heads. Even asked if they had the dehydrated lime packets and was told no. This was in F.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Delta News Release RE: Meals

Here is the news release: https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-...omestic-cabins

KEY TAKEAWAYS:
  • Hot meals in Domestic D1 AND FC will be on FIVE MARKETS initially; JFK/SEA, JFK/SFO, JFK/LAX, BOS/LAX, BOS/SFO, BOS/SEA
  • Does NOT appear to include hot towel, PDB, nuts, or hot cookies
  • Snack Basket is back... but only on "longer domestic routes" (since they mention C+, I would assume over 900 miles, because that's when C+ used to get snack basket)
  • "Premium Sandwiches, Salads, and Bowls" returning(?) on routes 1500 miles or longer.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 1:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Some frustrations:
  • Since the snack basket is only coming back on "longer" domestic routes, it appears there will STILL be nothing differentiating between FC and C+ on routes 500-900 miles. I'm tired of one little biscoff.
  • Snack boxes are still here on some of the longest routes (i.e MCO/SEA).
  • It appears meals on these "premium" routes are the same whether it is Domestic D1 or FC (i.e. on some of the JFK/SEA routes).
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:04 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Hi Folks
With the upcoming changes to meals returning to most flights (although with a downgrade), what are folks thoughts on considering closing this thread and starting a 2021 in flight service thread similar to what we have during normal years? We could make this change anytime, perhaps in September? I wanted to gather some feedback.

Ryandc99
Moderator Delta Air Lines
richarddd, puck021, Aloha1 and 7 others like this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by ryandc99
Hi Folks
With the upcoming changes to meals returning to most flights (although with a downgrade), what are folks thoughts on considering closing this thread and starting a 2021 in flight service thread similar to what we have during normal years? We could make this change anytime, perhaps in September? I wanted to gather some feedback.

Ryandc99
I support this, thank you Ryandc99 for all you do on this thread.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Hi Folks

Ryandc99
September seems like a good time as this is when the federal mask mandate ends and I guess would be considered, the return to normal.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by kyushuman
So meal service starting at 1500 miles? I'm sure that number is scientifically sourced from the Mayo Clinic.... Gee, for those of us in MSP, we are going to enjoy meals on MSP to......umm... where?
I think the only qualifying flights would be SFO, LAX and SAN, but I could be wrong. Maybe MIA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.