Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2021, 8:38 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Do you recall approximately what time this was??? I was planning to sit outside myself. Don't want to be in a room packed with people. About a month ago I went to a lounge in Cancun airport, stayed long enough to grab something to eat and left. It was completely packed, like uncomfortably packed.
It was mid-afternoon, roughly 3pm-ish on a Sunday.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Do you recall approximately what time this was??? I was planning to sit outside myself. Don't want to be in a room packed with people. About a month ago I went to a lounge in Cancun airport, stayed long enough to grab something to eat and left. It was completely packed, like uncomfortably packed.
I didn't try the lounge, but SLC was generally packed when we went through about two weeks ago at 10:00 and 17:00, including walking between gates, sitting at gates and long lines at most restaurants.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by richarddd
I didn't try the lounge, but SLC was generally packed when we went through about two weeks ago at 10:00 and 17:00, including walking between gates, sitting at gates and long lines at most restaurants.
It has been mentioned that SLC has already rebounded to a point where it's at normal or exceeding normal passenger numbers.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by cmd320
It has been mentioned that SLC has already rebounded to a point where it's at normal or exceeding normal passenger numbers.
Exactly. Normal or higher pax numbers seems to have resulted in normal or higher lounge crowding, as might be expected.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by dcadwell
It was mid-afternoon, roughly 3pm-ish on a Sunday.
Thanks!
dcadwell likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
Hopefully, late evening weekday hours are better. I can hope anyway
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by richarddd
Exactly. Normal or higher pax numbers seems to have resulted in normal or higher lounge crowding, as might be expected.
Yep, the airport itself was also slammed as I transited through.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by gobears293
Yeah so I guess I was totally mistaken and my reading comprehension is total crap. For some reason I thought there was no food service at all in First and even snack boxes were only coming back starting next week. My bad!
Have low expectations and you're never disappointed.
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by motytrah
I did a MSP-HNL and HNL-MSP the last couple weeks in D1.

767 was tray service for drinks. Single tray for dinner and Breakfast services. Snacks setup in galley by restrooms during lights out.
A330 was cart for drinks. Single tray for dinner and Breakfast services. Snacks setup in galley by restrooms during lights out.

Beef, Chicken or Pasta seems to be what's on offer. Breads were ice cold and hard. It reminded me of some of Y+ products I've seen over the years.

Canned cocktails were not catered in either flight. The FA said the HNL D1s are catered the same way on her international flights and she hasn't seen the canned cocktails on any of them either.
HNL D1 was always a bit reduced in service compared to international, but I wonder if the multi-course service will resume in mid-July when some domestic meals restart. Does anyone know?
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
HNL D1 was always a bit reduced in service compared to international, but I wonder if the multi-course service will resume in mid-July when some domestic meals restart. Does anyone know?
Isn't it all one tray service for international also?
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by motytrah
I did a MSP-HNL and HNL-MSP the last couple weeks in D1.

767 was tray service for drinks. Single tray for dinner and Breakfast services. Snacks setup in galley by restrooms during lights out.
A330 was cart for drinks. Single tray for dinner and Breakfast services. Snacks setup in galley by restrooms during lights out.

Beef, Chicken or Pasta seems to be what's on offer. Breads were ice cold and hard. It reminded me of some of Y+ products I've seen over the years.

Canned cocktails were not catered in either flight. The FA said the HNL D1s are catered the same way on her international flights and she hasn't seen the canned cocktails on any of them either.
I flew ATL-HNL a few weeks back in D1 and the FA told me the drinks catered on this flight are from the INTL catering contract which is different than regular domestic routes and none of the new offerings that have been added during COVID (such as TipTop margaritas) are catered. However some of the older drinks that were removed from regular domestic flights are still catered on this route such as all bottled water being Dasani branded (it’s now Niagara on Domestic) and drinks like Coke Zero and Minute Maid Juices (juices on domestic are now catered by “Apple & Eve”) are still offered with regular size cans.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Isn't it all one tray service for international also?
now, yes. Hoping it resumes to multi-course in July when other catering changes happen. That’s what I was curious about.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 8:54 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
SLC SkyClub is wide open this morning. I only saw one person outdoors. Interesting that they have both bars open but only one of the food service areas.

On another note, still no blankets and pillows on domestic F redeyes. I thought we dispensed with the theory of Covid spreading through touch points a year ago. I’m not sure what the food/drink service was because I slept the whole flight.

Edit: wife slept less than me on the flight. She reports that they might have served snack boxes and that they came around later with a tray of mini Clif bars and Goldfish. Route was FAI-SLC departing 12:45am, so I wouldn’t have expected much for food even pre-Covid.

Last edited by mattp1987; Jun 12, 2021 at 9:00 am
Old Jun 12, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Lancem504
Hi,

Has anyone flown delta one internationally recently? I am wondering if the service is the same level as pre Covid.

I can upgrade from economy on an overnight flight from JFK to ATH for $800 and trying to figure out if it’s worth it. The plane is an a330-300, so it’s not the newer product. Flight is in two weeks.

Thanks for your help!
I will be flying ATL-EZE tonight on the archaic 767-300 which is probably the worst seat in DL’s long haul fleet. I will report back but if you value the sleep then the A330 is probably worth it given the seats are better that the 763. I took an upgrade offer of $400 on this route on a economy mileage booking so that’s a no brainer for me. Is the $800 they are offering greater or less than the current difference in price on this route?
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
I will be flying ATL-EZE tonight on the archaic 767-300 which is probably the worst seat in DL’s long haul fleet. I will report back but if you value the sleep then the A330 is probably worth it given the seats are better that the 763. I took an upgrade offer of $400 on this route on a economy mileage booking so that’s a no brainer for me. Is the $800 they are offering greater or less than the current difference in price on this route?
D1 fares on JFK-ATH can vary dramatically based on when you fly. There are seasonal D1 Z fares for $2900 roundtrip that are limited to travel around Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, etc. But fares can be much higher at other times. Main Cabin fares start at about $900 roundtrip. So a nominal difference in fares is roughly $1000 each way.
Brandinho1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.