Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I flew into SLC in October 2020 and didn't notice anything new in the terminal I flew into (from Mexico, City). It was the same old L O N G hallway to the gates. That is the most boring airport I've ever been to I dread going there, and if anyway possible a different flight opens up between now and when my flight departs, I'm changing flights!
Old Jun 8, 2021, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I flew into SLC in October 2020 and didn't notice anything new in the terminal I flew into (from Mexico, City). It was the same old L O N G hallway to the gates. That is the most boring airport I've ever been to I dread going there, and if anyway possible a different flight opens up between now and when my flight departs, I'm changing flights!
IIRC, there was a 5 week transition period from mid-September to late October where some flights were still going out of the old concourses so it sounds like your flight was one of the ones that were still operating out of the old gates. As of now, the old Terminal in its entirety has been completely demolished to make way for Phase 2 Construction on the new terminal so any flight in and out of SLC today will use the new A or B Gates. My link to TPGs SLC SC review didn’t post properly in my earlier post, but here it is if you want to see some pictures of the new club. https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...alt-lake-city/
Old Jun 8, 2021, 5:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Thanks MCOFlyer!

Edit: Just checked out all the photos! That lounge looks spectacular. Lots of seating areas. Now, I feel better about flying there. Thanks again!
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 12:01 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by demkr
the meals are comparable to like a BOS-SLC segment pre-covid. No mixed nuts either. They replaced the arrival meal with cold sandwiches and cold oatmeal. But it's still marketed as "fine dining experience"/D1.

To be clear, it's essentially the former medium-haul service on flights like BOS-SLC or ATL-SFO

On the international front, Premium Select is apparently getting the same meal (and amenity kit) that's given in the Main Cabin
Has anyone flown internationally in premium select recently and know if this is true? I have a flight in PS coming up and thought the meal will be more similar to a simplified D1 meal/domestic F meal rather than the same food in main cabin... if everything is the same as main cabin except the seat may make sense for me to switch to main cabin...
Old Jun 9, 2021, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nycflyer124
Has anyone flown internationally in premium select recently and know if this is true? I have a flight in PS coming up and thought the meal will be more similar to a simplified D1 meal/domestic F meal rather than the same food in main cabin... if everything is the same as main cabin except the seat may make sense for me to switch to main cabin...
The seat difference is pretty substantial and you'd be losing out on some serious MQMs with the DL Status Accelerator promo (MQM = miles*1.5*1.75 for PS vs miles*1.5 for main cabin).
Old Jun 9, 2021, 9:41 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by xliioper
The seat difference is pretty substantial and you'd be losing out on some serious MQMs with the DL Status Accelerator promo (MQM = miles*1.5*1.75 for PS vs miles*1.5 for main cabin).
MQMs don't mean much to me and I would gladly give them away if I knew how. I'll take the increase in service post-covid if they finally get around to it

some of us prefer the Old Delta
demkr likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:05 am

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
Been through SLC 3x since returning to flying in April and can attest to the new lounge. Spacious and quiet, good selection of things for Covid times. Only down side is that it is at the end of the terminal, so give yourself some time if you arrive at the far gates. I'm sure it'll smooth out and they'll figure something out as the new terminal expands/completed.
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Thanks MCOFlyer!

Edit: Just checked out all the photos! That lounge looks spectacular. Lots of seating areas. Now, I feel better about flying there. Thanks again!
Old Jun 10, 2021, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by TATLTAIL
Been through SLC 3x since returning to flying in April and can attest to the new lounge. Spacious and quiet, good selection of things for Covid times. Only down side is that it is at the end of the terminal, so give yourself some time if you arrive at the far gates. I'm sure it'll smooth out and they'll figure something out as the new terminal expands/completed.
The last time I went through SLC, about 5 weeks ago, that lounge was PACKED. Did enjoy escaping outside to the Sky Deck for a while, though.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Flew SLC-BOS last night in First. Unexpectedly received a snack box. I thought these weren't coming back for another week (or until July?!). Nothing earth-shattering, but nice to get something more substantial than cheeze-its and biscoff. It didn't appear they were offered in economy or comfort plus.

Also concur with previous comments on the new SLC SkyClub. Fantastic space and great service from bartender and food station attendants.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by gobears293
Flew SLC-BOS last night in First. Unexpectedly received a snack box. I thought these weren't coming back for another week (or until July?!). Nothing earth-shattering, but nice to get something more substantial than cheeze-its and biscoff. It didn't appear they were offered in economy or comfort plus.

Also concur with previous comments on the new SLC SkyClub. Fantastic space and great service from bartender and food station attendants.
The snack boxes went away at some point?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Will D1 see any changes? or is it still the same cheap one-tray service? When will the multiple courses return of pre-departure drink then aperitif service then appetizer/salad/soup then main then dessert trolley return? I would expect this already or coming soon given the return of domestic hot meals soon.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gobears293
Flew SLC-BOS last night in First. Unexpectedly received a snack box.
Why would that be unexpected? That's the "meal" these days until mid July.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cmd320
The snack boxes went away at some point?
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Why would that be unexpected? That's the "meal" these days until mid July.
Yeah so I guess I was totally mistaken and my reading comprehension is total crap. For some reason I thought there was no food service at all in First and even snack boxes were only coming back starting next week. My bad!
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:56 am

HNL D1 datapoints

I did a MSP-HNL and HNL-MSP the last couple weeks in D1.

767 was tray service for drinks. Single tray for dinner and Breakfast services. Snacks setup in galley by restrooms during lights out.
A330 was cart for drinks. Single tray for dinner and Breakfast services. Snacks setup in galley by restrooms during lights out.

Beef, Chicken or Pasta seems to be what's on offer. Breads were ice cold and hard. It reminded me of some of Y+ products I've seen over the years.

Canned cocktails were not catered in either flight. The FA said the HNL D1s are catered the same way on her international flights and she hasn't seen the canned cocktails on any of them either.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by dcadwell
The last time I went through SLC, about 5 weeks ago, that lounge was PACKED. Did enjoy escaping outside to the Sky Deck for a while, though.
Do you recall approximately what time this was??? I was planning to sit outside myself. Don't want to be in a room packed with people. About a month ago I went to a lounge in Cancun airport, stayed long enough to grab something to eat and left. It was completely packed, like uncomfortably packed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.