Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by cmd320
At least a dozen, but I will say the glass Bombay Sapphire minis make quite a racket if you don't have PreCheck and have to get your plastic bag out.
No one on here would ever violate FAA regulations by consuming personal alcohol on board, I'm sure. But, as I've told TSA, this is cheaper than paying for drinks in the hotel bar at my destination at $12 each.
Old May 29, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How far is ATL-HNL? (It's D1, as is MSP-HNL.)

Does DL still operate flights to Guam?
ATL-HNL is 4,502 miles and is normally clocked in at 9 hours and 20 mins depending on winds. (I just flew this flight 2 weeks ago). DL no longer flies to GUM.
Old May 29, 2021, 10:22 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by richarddd
What's the excuse for tiny water bottles? It's hard to see smaller bottles as a covid safety measure.
I don’t think the Niagara mini bottles contain any less water than the Dasani bottles from before. They look smaller because they use less plastic and are filled to the absolute brim.
BenA likes this.
Old May 29, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by sky_priority
Happy to report that Negronis are on the menu.

And they are great!
same here ATL to DEN on C+ currently in flight
Old May 29, 2021, 10:47 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
deleted
Old May 29, 2021, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JAXPax
No one on here would ever violate FAA regulations by consuming personal alcohol on board, I'm sure. But, as I've told TSA, this is cheaper than paying for drinks in the hotel bar at my destination at $12 each.
Yeah, I would usually take them to have at my destination hotel, especially if it were particularly select service out in the middle of nowhere.
Old May 29, 2021, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I'm not sure what they think this is going to accomplish. Clearly not having alcohol on board didn't help these situations, perhaps if people have a drink or two it'll calm them down a bit.
It's also insulting. Treating everyone like grade school children and punishing everyone for the actions of a few is silly and serves no purpose. It's clearly just for show so that crew think the airline is backing them up. But, that one lady who knocked out the FA's teeth does not represent the statistical majority of pax. Maybe that lady should be banned from Southwest, but all other pax shouldn't be punished, too.
steve64, Aloha1, cmd320 and 1 others like this.
Old May 29, 2021, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Could it be the time of day? For domestic flights that aren't too long and got meals, there was a dead zone with only snack food, IIRC for departures between 1:30 and 4:00 pm and again after 8:00 pm.
The example given was MSP-SFO in June, but that's before meal service resumes on FC flights on 7/13. If you do a sample booking, you will see there is meal service on this route starting on 7/13. The meal windows applied to flights between 900 - 1400 miles. For flights over 1500 miles, meals are always served unless the flight departs after 9PM. They are currently starting out with only offering meals on flights over 1500, so the meal window times aren't relevant. It's not clear when or if they will resume meals in FC for flights less than 1500 miles. The 1500 mile requirement is currently showing for FC flights all the way through the end-of-schedule.

Last edited by xliioper; May 29, 2021 at 1:58 pm
Old May 29, 2021, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by JAXPax
No one on here would ever violate FAA regulations by consuming personal alcohol on board, I'm sure.
there isn't a regulation against consuming personal alcohol on board. There is a regulation against consuming alcohol that isn't served to you by a flight attendant.
Old May 29, 2021, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
there isn't a regulation against consuming personal alcohol on board. There is a regulation against consuming alcohol that isn't served to you by a flight attendant.
Maybe not a government regulation but clearly a Delta policy announced on every flight.

AA has announced no alcohol in economy until at least September.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/29/busin...ion/index.html
Old May 29, 2021, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The exact regulation is the following (14 CFR 121.575):

No person may drink any alcoholic beverage aboard an aircraft unless the certificate holder operating the aircraft has served that beverage to him.
Obviously excludes consumption of your own alcohol brought on board. With that said, there is a lot of ambiguity there.

Technically, by this definition at least, if you kept some of the minis from a previous flight and brought them on board another flight, you were still served that beverage by the certificate holder, the FAR doesn’t specifics which flight the beverage had to be served on.

Theoretically if you were to pour a beverage from the SC into a to-go cup that would also have been served by the certificate holder.

If you brought your own from Total wine or from another airline though, that would be against the FAR.
Old May 29, 2021, 4:51 pm

The exact regulation is the following (14 CFR 121.575):

Obviously excludes consumption of your own alcohol brought on board. With that said, there is a lot of ambiguity there.

Technically, by this definition at least, if you kept some of the minis from a previous flight and brought them on board another flight, you were still served that beverage by the certificate holder, the FAR doesn’t specifics which flight the beverage had to be served on.

Theoretically if you were to pour a beverage from the SC into a to-go cup that would also have been served by the certificate holder.

If you brought your own from Total wine or from another airline though, that would be against the FAR.
There’s no ambiguity. Delta’s policy clearly states drinking alcohol brought onboard is not allowed.

The “FA just has to serve it to you” line is one of the great FlyerTalk myths that just won’t die.
Old May 29, 2021, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
There’s no ambiguity. Delta’s policy clearly states drinking alcohol brought onboard is not allowed.

The “FA just has to serve it to you” line is one of the great FlyerTalk myths that just won’t die.
Ambiguity in the FAR. The corporate policy is another story entirely.
strickerj and eneq like this.
Old May 29, 2021, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Why do you care so much?
eneq likes this.
Old May 29, 2021, 7:11 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First

jetBlue used to have in their online FAQ a statement that personal alcohol could be consumed if served by crew. I believe some travel blogs had articles about it.
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.