Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 21, 21, 11:18 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: xliioper
Wiki Link
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-...omestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

Old May 26, 21, 10:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer View Post
No itís that the OPs MSP-SFO flight you quoted is before the July 13th start date. MSP-SFO is showing meals starting 7/13.
Ah, makes sense, thank you!
Old May 26, 21, 2:04 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Also lunch in F or ffp in Y for my DTW-SEA flights in August.
Old May 26, 21, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kochleffel View Post
Also lunch in F or ffp in Y for my DTW-SEA flights in August.
It's pretty clear that 7/13 is the "early" July date mentioned in the March 31st press release for restoration of meals on First Class flights. The main question is whether these will be plated meals, or the "boxed" meals mentioned in the press release. While 6/15 is the "early" June date for restoration of domestic D1 meals and meals on "select" coast-to-coast FC flights. Although certain D1 routes (like JFK-LAS/SAN and DCA-LAX) are not showing meals in June and are only showing them on/after the 7/13 date. Perhaps this is just an oversight.
Old May 26, 21, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by demkr View Post
So, I was looking at my reservations this morning for summer and fall, and for the first time it shows "Breakfast" "Lunch" or "Dinner" respectively in F. "Food for purchase" is back in Coach -- these flights are all 1,500+
I'm not seeing that yet for my ATL-SLC and JFK-AUS dinnertime flights in F. Still says "snacks,...."
Old May 26, 21, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
My late July ATL-SMF flight in F departing around 5:30 PM just added dinner in the notes instead of snacks
Old May 26, 21, 6:01 pm
viz

Programs: DL DM, AC 75K, NEXUS, Bonvoy Plat, National Executive Elite
LGA-MIA and ATL-SEA in Mid-June still showing Snacks, Drinks (no FFP)

edit: ATL-SEA departing 9:06 PM
Old May 26, 21, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer View Post
No itís that the OPs MSP-SFO flight you quoted is before the July 13th start date. MSP-SFO is showing meals starting 7/13.
Very annoyed by this, flying just days before that in F. I was very supportive of DL's service cuts when we knew a lot less about COVID and also when the pandemic was much worse. Now I join the chorus of those who think it's just about money.
Old May 26, 21, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arkangel View Post
I'm not seeing that yet for my ATL-SLC and JFK-AUS dinnertime flights in F. Still says "snacks,...."
Are they July 13th or later? That's the restoration date for domestic FC flights. I see meals on ATL-SLC starting 7/13, but JFK-AUS doesn't say anything for some reason (not even snacks). These are both over the 1500 mile meal threshold (see below) which they seem to be using when meal returns to FC on 7/13.

Last edited by xliioper; May 26, 21 at 7:35 pm
Old May 26, 21, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by viz View Post
LGA-MIA and ATL-SEA in Mid-June still showing Snacks, Drinks (no FFP)

edit: ATL-SEA departing 9:06 PM
Meals for FC don't start until July 13th. I'm seeing meals on ATL-SEA starting July 13th, but not LGA-MIA even though it is over 900 miles (checked flights within meal window slots). It looks like they are limiting FC meal service to flights over 1500 miles. No meals showing on MSP-SEA/PDX or DTW-SLC (under 1500 miles), while MSP-SMF/SFO/LAX/SAN (over 1500 miles) show meal service. MSP-MIA (1501 miles) also shows meal service.
viz likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; May 26, 21 at 8:01 pm
Old May 26, 21, 9:31 pm

I have a trip to ANC booked in F and ATL-ANC in September is showing Snacks, Drinks, Lunch, Snacks, in that order. The return is showing the same except Dinner where Lunch is. Was curious what this was going to show as I assume it'll be the longest non-D1 domestic flight in the system.
Old May 26, 21, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
Are they July 13th or later? That's the restoration date for domestic FC flights. I see meals on ATL-SLC starting 7/13, but JFK-AUS doesn't say anything for some reason (not even snacks). These are both over the 1500 mile meal threshold (see below) which they seem to be using when meal returns to FC on 7/13.
ATL-SLC is June 18, but JFK-AUS is July 16.
Old May 26, 21, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jb1012xna View Post
I have a trip to ANC booked in F and ATL-ANC in September is showing Snacks, Drinks, Lunch, Snacks, in that order. The return is showing the same except Dinner where Lunch is. Was curious what this was going to show as I assume it'll be the longest non-D1 domestic flight in the system.
At 3417 miles, I'd say it exceeds the 1500 mile meal threshold with a comfortable margin
strickerj likes this.
Old May 26, 21, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
JFK-AUS is July 16.
JFK-AUS on 7/16 is showing meal service.
Old May 26, 21, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ATL-SLC is June 18, but JFK-AUS is July 16.
So far, JFK-AUS is the only route I've seen that exceeds the 1500 mile threshold, but does not show meal service on/after July 13th. I suspect it's just some of coding error. The fact that it doesn't even show "snacks" indicates something is amiss. JFK-DEN is 1626 miles and is showing meal service. There also appears to be a meal cutoff for flights after 9PM. 8:05PM ATL-SLC flight gets a dinner, but 9:28PM ATL-LAX does not.

Last edited by xliioper; May 26, 21 at 10:02 pm
Old May 26, 21, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aacar View Post
JFK-AUS on 7/16 is showing meal service.
There's 3 flights and they all show blank for meal/snack services for me. Okay, just noticed if you click the "DL2864" link below, and then click on "FOOD & DRINK" tab, it will show Lunch is served on flight below.

Last edited by xliioper; May 26, 21 at 10:12 pm

Search this Thread