Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2021, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rylan
There was another new box option also, but unfortunately I didn't take a picture it so not sure what all it had.
Yay, more shelf stable, dry, preservative-filled crap...
Bowgie likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Delta California Cab/Merlot Wine

Originally Posted by rylan
2 red wine choices - South Africa Shiraz and California Cab/Merlot blend. Not sure if thats been the usual lately since I haven't checked wines in a few months.
I was offered the Calif Cab/Merlot blend last week SEA-SAN. It is OK. Similar to Trader Joe's two buck Chuck, which I drink at home. IMHO, you have spend at least $8 a bottle for decent wine. 90% of the under $8 wine on the store shelf is terrible-to-undrinkable. But at least both the Delta cab/merlot and the Trader Joe $2 Chuck aren't bad for the price. Not being sarcastic; you can call it "faint praise."
Old Apr 2, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Thumbs down I Hate Delta Boxed "Food"

Originally Posted by cmd320
Yay, more shelf stable, dry, preservative-filled crap...
I am booking away from Delta to AS right now because I am sick of their boxed dog food in first class.
p100a and cmd320 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I don't understand this comment. Delta did not remove ovens from FC galleys during the pandemic, did they? There should not be any issue heating a sandwich. The issue will be, I would guess, is that it's likely to be very low quality. If the ingredients were quality, they could serve it fresh.
Having flown many a time on the short Dub-LHR flight, hot food doesn't appear an issue on a 50 minute flight, not quite sure why the likes of Delta can't get it together, Alaska not any better, thinking of looking at Jet Blue for my next coast to coast flight, soft and hard products appear better.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Having flown many a time on the short Dub-LHR flight, hot food doesn't appear an issue on a 50 minute flight, not quite sure why the likes of Delta can't get it together, Alaska not any better, thinking of looking at Jet Blue for my next coast to coast flight, soft and hard products appear better.
Far better in MINT my friend.
OPENROAD, hurnik and cmd320 like this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
I also see alcohol sales returning to main cabin, but it’s very vague what the options will be.
Similar question here for DL experts (after checking wiki as well):
I have friends flying ATL-West Coast in C+ on 22 Apr. What can they expect drinkwise?
Old Apr 5, 2021, 10:12 am

As the months wear on I continue to be amazed that people are really upset that inedible food has not been provided. Seriously? You actually ate those meals? Why? I could do the cereal breakfast (I mean it's hard to screw up packaged cereal and milk) but... honestly anything that was suppose to be served warm should be avoided at all costs

By the way I know several FAs who work for Delta and another carrier.. Most of them are not vaccinated or have just gotten shot 1.
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 10:37 am

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter

By the way I know several FAs who work for Delta and another carrier.. Most of them are not vaccinated or have just gotten shot 1.
I know at least 10 crewmembers in the NYC and SLC area who have all been vaccinated and they say many in their domicile are as well so I guess it's subject to which political leanings one's geographical area is. Vaccines have been available to all airline workers for a while now in NYC and now everyone is eligible in UT from what I'm told.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 11:11 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

I'm going to be honest and also a little over the top but there it is. For the rest of my travel days I will never forgive Delta for what it's done in the last 13 months. This was the service on JFK-SEA in Delta One last weekend. 5hr38 aloft plus a 40 minute ground delay due to late baggage. Almost everything at JFK is closed. The line for Dunkin Donuts was over three dozen people long. I was able to find some takeout sushi and spent $48 on two rolls, a bottle of soda and some candy. It's absolutely inexcusable and I'll never forget how they milked this for as long as they could.
demkr, krazykanuck, p100a and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Similar question here for DL experts (after checking wiki as well):
I have friends flying ATL-West Coast in C+ on 22 Apr. What can they expect drinkwise?
The 'expanded' service starts the week prior, so there should be soda/juice and premixed cocktails available in addition to the current wine/beer offering.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
As the months wear on I continue to be amazed that people are really upset that inedible food has not been provided. Seriously? You actually ate those meals? Why? I could do the cereal breakfast (I mean it's hard to screw up packaged cereal and milk) but... honestly anything that was suppose to be served warm should be avoided at all costs....
Ah.. so you grew up on packaged food and stayed with it. Good for you!
No wonder you seem thrilled with current junk food boxes which are entirely to your taste it seems
Old Apr 5, 2021, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
It does sound a lot like FTers are complaining vociferously about the lack of food on Delta, in an attempt to shame them into bringing food back...so they can then complain vociferously about the food.

Airlines have always been awful substitutes for restaurants.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
It does sound a lot like FTers are complaining vociferously about the lack of food on Delta, in an attempt to shame them into bringing food back...so they can then complain vociferously about the food.
Yes! tough crowd here

So true.
I don't know of anyone who will be willing to pay ~$800+ to sit in FC just for food - there are far better food options on ground and also better ways to burn money.
BUT, I do know lots of folks who will pay same amount for FC travel and then expect food to be warm.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 12:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Sure, but these days there is a dearth of restaurants to choose from. I flew RDU-JFK-SEA last Friday. Bringing food with me to seat on JFK-SEA when I'm leaving my house 6 hours prior is not really practical. Then mostly everything at JFK is closed. My options were: Dunkin Donuts, Hudson News or a takeaway sushi place which had three choices. Once you take away the restaurants too it becomes even worse.
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm going to be honest and also a little over the top but there it is. For the rest of my travel days I will never forgive Delta for what it's done in the last 13 months. This was the service on JFK-SEA in Delta One last weekend. 5hr38 aloft plus a 40 minute ground delay due to late baggage. Almost everything at JFK is closed. The line for Dunkin Donuts was over three dozen people long. I was able to find some takeout sushi and spent $48 on two rolls, a bottle of soda and some candy. It's absolutely inexcusable and I'll never forget how they milked this for as long as they could.
It's definitely a pretty dismal showing and I certainly won't be forgetting about it for a long time either.
btonkid12345 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.