Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2021, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by mach92
What booze will be offered in F the end of April. Yes I paid for F but can swap to AA if Delta does not serve anything DFW-ATL
Booze, in the form of Beer, and wine was available in economy comfort flying LAX SEA 3/28, so I'd imagine F would have it.

Jiburi
Old Mar 29, 2021, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
If the seat next to me is not blocked can I expect PDBs and full bar service in F

That will take my mind off thinking about how good the air filters are compared to taking a bus
Sadly, No.
The only PDB you can enjoy is the one you boarded with

Originally Posted by mach92
What booze will be offered in F the end of April. Yes I paid for F but can swap to AA if Delta does not serve anything DFW-ATL
Beer, Wine and canned cocktails from Tip Top Proper Cocktails.
If you like strong ones, ask for Old-Fashioned

Originally Posted by rylan
I think you should expect full service in F like other airlines are providing. If they're going to charge the price and have the cabin full, then they should also provide the service.
Hope springs eternal!
in rude language - dream on!

PS. I was in lowly 24th place... gotta get my post count up!
Old Mar 29, 2021, 3:38 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Amazing reversal of (service) fortune

Saw this on my United flight today ... it is truly amazing how the roles have reversed, and now you see Dasani mini bottles, a sanitizing wipe and a blanket at your seat in F, and truly attentive service on UA!

It’s like it was March 2019 on Delta...and now on Delta there are no Dasani mini bottles and no blankets, and less attentive service by FA’s who pass through picking up trash too many times.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness

Saw this on my United flight today ... it is truly amazing how the roles have reversed, and now you see Dasani mini bottles, a sanitizing wipe and a blanket at your seat in F, and truly attentive service on UA!

It’s like it was March 2019 on Delta...and now on Delta there are no Dasani mini bottles and no blankets, and less attentive service by FA’s who pass through picking up trash too many times.
Sad but true. However, UA has many 737s with horrible F seats that are falling apart and don't have IFE units.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:32 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
is that a used whoopie cushion?
strickerj likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jeet
Correct. May be you will see more variety of snacks - usual stuff like goldfish, biscoff, breakfast bars etc.

With AA planning to pull all planes out of storage before summer, there will be pressure on DL to end seat blocking but there will be some resistance from FAs in the name of safety so food/snack/drink service enhancements will most likely will be pre-packaged stuff like wraps, sandwiches, small plates/bowls etc. in FC and main cabin (for purchase) but no idea when.
I fear Delta will be one of the slowest to return to a "normal" level of service, and it comes down to one thing, preventing the FA's from unionizing.

Even before the pandemic DL did the ridiculous "coffee or water only" on short flights to appease them. It was equally ridiculous on routes like ORD/MDW-MSP where United, American, Southwest, and even Sun Country did a full service in Y.

There was always grumblings especially in C+ about this on almost every flight of the length.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 6:48 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
I love poking into this thread and see people still ranting about Delta service in F.

A bunch of folks shouting into the wind wanting to be heard.

Delta will likely return to normal-ish service sometime in May once seat blocking ends April 30th and most people flying in the sky are vaccinated. So make sure you get in your moaning while you still can. In the interim, keep letting the world know how much you can't handle a flight without a 6:00 AM Woodford or crappy domestic airplane food while you still can!
Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ethernal
I love poking into this thread and see people still ranting about Delta service in F.

A bunch of folks shouting into the wind wanting to be heard.

Delta will likely return to normal-ish service sometime in May once seat blocking ends April 30th and most people flying in the sky are vaccinated. So make sure you get in your moaning while you still can. In the interim, keep letting the world know how much you can't handle a flight without a 6:00 AM Woodford or crappy domestic airplane food while you still can!
I wouldn’t hold by breath on that...
BigFishDave and strickerj like this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 8:20 am

Does anyone know if DL is returning beverage service in First to flights under 500 miles??
Old Mar 30, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by cmd320
I wouldn’t hold by breath on that...
I would. Happy to take a bet on it that Delta cabin service will return to relative normalcy on or before June 1st 2021 for domestic flights.

Regardless of what you personally believe or want, the majority of travelers flying Delta preferred seat blocking and limited cabin service (which many - myself included - viewed as a value add, not a value subtraction) which is why Delta made almost as much revenue per seat-blocked flight as American Airlines got without seat blocking (at a much lower cost basis as every passenger on a flight raises the cost to serve said flight).

With vaccinations ticking up, passenger preference will change, and Delta's service will change. Seat blocking is not going to extend past April 30th, and as people are more comfortable eating and drinking on a plane post-vaccination, service will return. My first post-vaccine flight is a leisure trip in early May and I'm definitely planning on knocking back some drinks on that flight - something I've avoided since March of last year.

The fact that you seem to think that Delta just really, really wants to turn itself into an ULCC and eliminate cabin service is just absurd paranoia.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by ethernal
I would. Happy to take a bet on it that Delta cabin service will return to relative normalcy on or before June 1st 2021 for domestic flights.....
Wow that's a bold statement! maybe 'relative normalcy' are the key terms here. I will definitely send some kudos your way if that happens by 06/01

My tea leaves are telling me that normal service (as in pre-covid era) will not return till mask mandates are in place which will probably last till late fall.
BigFishDave and cmd320 like this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by taveller
Does anyone know if DL is returning beverage service in First to flights under 500 miles??
Did they eliminate that? I thought they were offering beer, wine and water on all fights in F right now. Pretty cheap if they don't since WN offers a beverage service on short flights
BigFishDave likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by jeet
Wow that's a bold statement! maybe 'relative normalcy' are the key terms here. I will definitely send some kudos your way if that happens by 06/01

My tea leaves are telling me that normal service (as in pre-covid era) will not return till mask mandates are in place which will probably last till late fall.
+1

Delta just launched two new snack boxes for first class. I don’t know why they would go through the trouble if they were planning on bringing meals back in a month from now. Besides the additional beverage options launching in two weeks, I wouldn’t expect to see catered meals for a while which is unfortunate as DL will be the only airline not offering fresh food in first class on long flights.
BigFishDave and cmd320 like this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by FlyHappy33
+1

Delta just launched two new snack boxes for first class. I don’t know why they would go through the trouble if they were planning on bringing meals back in a month from now. Besides the additional beverage options launching in two weeks, I wouldn’t expect to see catered meals for a while which is unfortunate as DL will be the only airline not offering fresh food in first class on long flights.
And I'm sure they won't change their prices to reflect that. Hopefully if they eliminate blocked seats they'll be presured ito reducing fares
cmd320 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Did they eliminate that? I thought they were offering beer, wine and water on all fights in F right now. Pretty cheap if they don't since WN offers a beverage service on short flights
Beer and wine is currently only available on flights over 500 miles in first class and comfort+. On sub 500 mile flights, the only available option is water nose to tail.
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.