Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2021, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
DEN-LAX this evening. Mainline 738. Just under 900 miles, so a water/snack baggie, tonight with Goldfish and Clif Bar. I now carry a DIY kit and brought my own tumbler... and took a Diet Coke from the DL Sky Club. Surprised to see that there was ice on board.

NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by SFO777
DEN-LAX this evening. Mainline 738. Just under 900 miles, so a water/snack baggie, tonight with Goldfish and Clif Bar. I now carry a DIY kit and brought my own tumbler... and took a Diet Coke from the DL Sky Club. Surprised to see that there was ice on board.

Ice must have been catered by accident as even in domestic Delta None, it isn't offered.

Did you take a glass from the Skyclub? DL isn't serving drinks in proper glassware now.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by fly747first
Ice must have been catered by accident as even in domestic Delta None, it isn't offered.

Did you take a glass from the Skyclub? DL isn't serving drinks in proper glassware now.
Ice is 'loaded' but not 'catered' as in - it is not to be served.
I don't know if FAs even open the ice bag. It is used to chill the wine/beer and FAs are not supposed to serve it. OP got lucky, or maybe the FA saw how prepared they were with cola and cup and took pity to provide some ice.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:06 am

Anyone know if Delta if serving drinks on request on flights under 500 miles, or are
Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:08 am

Anyone know if Delta is serving drinks in F on request on flights under 500 miles, or are they not even taking requests on shorter flights....
Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:22 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by taveller
Anyone know if Delta is serving drinks in F on request on flights under 500 miles, or are they not even taking requests on shorter flights....
I was offered beer/wine on the DL Shuttle
LGA-DCA recently but then nothing on the return route all in FC.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fly747first
My glass.

Originally Posted by jeet
I don't know if FAs even open the ice bag. It is used to chill the wine/beer and FAs are not supposed to serve it. OP got lucky, or maybe the FA saw how prepared they were with cola and cup and took pity to provide some ice.
Interesting about the ice. I declined any of the beverage selections and just asked if I could get some ice. She confirmed and brought back a glass of ice.
I didn't pull out my tumbler or Diet Coke until she brought the ice.

Old Mar 8, 2021, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by taveller
Probably depends on the crew and if the aircraft is catered for it to start with. I had a YWG-MSP flight in Nov in F, which is 400 mi, and asked for a beer (anything but water) and was told they didn't have anything else onboard, which for a Delta Connection regional jet wouldn't surprise me if they just didn't bother loading any beer/wine.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 8:25 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
The original rumors heard weeks ago (late Jan/early Feb) were for a March resumption date; though that is looking less likely as time goes on.
Seat blocking is officially through April 30 now (https://news.delta.com/delta-extends-middle-seat-blocking-through-april-2021-only-us-airline-continue-providing-more-space), and I can't imagine service coming back while they're blocking seats.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 8:39 am

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by strickerj
Seat blocking is officially through April 30 now (https://news.delta.com/delta-extends...ing-more-space), and I can't imagine service coming back while they're blocking seats.
I have been told by a couple FAs that service won't come back until middle seats do. TIFWIW
strickerj likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by jeet
Someone snapped a pic about a month ago of a FA helping herself to ice in the galley. Apparently it's not for customer use, but flight attendants may make use of it for themselves. So yes they do open the catered ice bag, quite often.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 9:35 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I just flew between las and jfk seated in 3D, there was a chocolate chip bar left on the ledge under the monitor from the previous flight, if they are really wiping areas around seats, shouldn't that bar have been removed?
jamesteroh and buckeye91 like this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Someone snapped a pic about a month ago of a FA helping herself to ice in the galley. Apparently it's not for customer use, but flight attendants may make use of it for themselves. So yes they do open the catered ice bag, quite often.
Ice has always been catered, but its not for customer use. I was offered ice with my wine on a flight in October. When I mentioned it here, people on here said catering must have mistaken my flight for another airline or something Like I said, ice is always catered...whether or how the FA's lie to you about its presence is another matter.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by The Situation
Ice has always been catered, but its not for customer use. I was offered ice with my wine on a flight in October. When I mentioned it here, people on here said catering must have mistaken my flight for another airline or something Like I said, ice is always catered...whether or how the FA's lie to you about its presence is another matter.
Would be great if more flyers can confirm this. I have had Delta None bulkhead seats on several flights and didn't see the crew getting ice for themselves at all. Also, on many ATL FLL/MIA legs, I can see the F galley carts open whilst the crew is offering water, beer, and wine, and haven't noticed any bags of ice even for themselves.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 2:36 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond

No more rants or protests I now know how it is But after previously reporting an ultra long flights without actual catering in First, thought I’d post my new personal record for a flight with crackers and water mini bottles. Don’t say that I have a choice. Mint is gone from this week and United from EWR removed the two later flights. Realistically tho, loads are still non-existent with 5 pax in F and 11 in Y...cannot see their hurry to resume any service-or the drawbacks of a middle seat open

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.