Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by p100a
I had delta Corp customer care call me re a complaint I submitted about service. I asked why can a beer be served at 7am but not an oj. The agent asked "is the oj in a glass?" I said no.. Do you not know your product? "I don't travel" she said. I informed her the oj is in a can! I was in disbelief this rep claimed she never travels on delta and doesn't even know the product or what's going on and just kept blabbing out the "we are trying to reduce touch point" nonsense...which led me into why blankets and pillows are not provided on certain long haul flights (SLC OGG or jfk etc). She claimed "we have to touch them to launder them".

The lies are so beyond ridiculous at this point.. She alluded this will continue well into summer. Total garbage.
Originally Posted by sassybritches
She might not be a Delta employee but a third party employee which would explain why she doesn't know the product. But that doesn't excuse not knowing.
I hate to say there are people who work at the airlines who do not travel or use their travel benefits for whatever reason. Still absolutely zero excuse to not know your company's own product.

Even funnier considering I guess I won't get Covid when they hand me a beer but immediately get infected if it's a can of Coke.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:20 am

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
I'm really blown away at how often the FAs walk back and forth collecting trash from all the crap snack boxes. If they're so concerned about touch points they'd see how ridiculous their strategy really is.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 4:57 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I flew AMS-ATL on the A350 yesterday in D1. Just a few observations.

1. The FAs are over the limited service. The majority of my crew was also vaccinated and you could tell they are just ready to get back to service. To be fair, this was one of the best crews I have ever had D1 transatlantic. Quite young, energetic, eager to serve.
2. Tried to hand them my suit jacket and you could tell they have been told to not do so, but the FA rolled her eyes (not at ,me but at whatever rule they have been instructed) and smiled and said, yeah I think I will take the risk and gladly hung my coat with a smile.
3. The food was very "meh" but the FAs tried their best. They HATE not having the proper tea pots, service, etc. They honestly feel embarrassed to call this D1 service and you coudl tell they were very apologetic.
4. The load of my flight was 8 in Business and the entire load on the aircraft was 41, so nearly empty.
5. The Evil covid Ice was present along with real food so again Delta, while I appreciate you serving us boxes of snack crap and warm drinks on 6 hour domestic flights, your evil Ice, attentive service, and cold drinks have still made it onto D1 international. The horror!

It wasn't a full experience but it was saved by the D1 A350 hard product. I slept most of the flight having connected from Africa. I cannot say enough about how good the crew wanted to be on this flight, they just couldnt be. Also, FYI 4A and 8A are used as crew "spacing" rest seats so FAs will sit there during their breaks.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 6:07 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I had a great experience earlier this week in terms of service, it does seem that some FAs really want to give more than what they are currently allowed to. I was flying SDQ-JFK and the crew was outstanding. Beer kept flowing to my seat, the FA kept checking on us and making great conversation, and we even got an extra happy fuel box. Overall a great flight despite the limited snack and drinks service.
krazykanuck and DLASflyer like this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound
I had a great experience earlier this week in terms of service, it does seem that some FAs really want to give more than what they are currently allowed to. I was flying SDQ-JFK and the crew was outstanding. Beer kept flowing to my seat, the FA kept checking on us and making great conversation, and we even got an extra happy fuel box. Overall a great flight despite the limited snack and drinks service.
I have had 8 segments in the last few months now. All segments have been between 500 and 900 miles. 3 have been mainline and 5 on OO. The level of amenities is a bit light even for those segments (it would be nice to have a snack basket of items you could choose from) but the service from FAs has been attentive on every flight. On my most recent connecting itinerary with both flights under 700 miles I got 3 glasses of cheap wine on each flight for a nice little buzz The Redwood cab is very inconsistent in quality FWIW. Some bottles tasted adequate while some tasted like wine that had been open and sitting on the counter for two weeks.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:10 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DLATL777
I flew AMS-ATL on the A350 yesterday in D1. Just a few observations.

1. The FAs are over the limited service. The majority of my crew was also vaccinated and you could tell they are just ready to get back to service. To be fair, this was one of the best crews I have ever had D1 transatlantic. Quite young, energetic, eager to serve.
2. Tried to hand them my suit jacket and you could tell they have been told to not do so, but the FA rolled her eyes (not at ,me but at whatever rule they have been instructed) and smiled and said, yeah I think I will take the risk and gladly hung my coat with a smile.
3. The food was very "meh" but the FAs tried their best. They HATE not having the proper tea pots, service, etc. They honestly feel embarrassed to call this D1 service and you coudl tell they were very apologetic.
4. The load of my flight was 8 in Business and the entire load on the aircraft was 41, so nearly empty.
5. The Evil covid Ice was present along with real food so again Delta, while I appreciate you serving us boxes of snack crap and warm drinks on 6 hour domestic flights, your evil Ice, attentive service, and cold drinks have still made it onto D1 international. The horror!

It wasn't a full experience but it was saved by the D1 A350 hard product. I slept most of the flight having connected from Africa. I cannot say enough about how good the crew wanted to be on this flight, they just couldnt be. Also, FYI 4A and 8A are used as crew "spacing" rest seats so FAs will sit there during their breaks.
These ludicrous rules that they’ve made for “safety” were crafted up very early in the pandemic when everyone took a completely different approach to the virus and feared that it spread via surfaces and touch points vs what we now know of being mostly airborne transmitted and at the time, mask weren’t even required yet! It’s great to see that you had an excellent crew but it’s ridiculously that nearly 1 year later and DL is still using the ludicrous “touch point” reductions to combat the spread of COVID when it’s now very clear that COVID doesn’t spread easily via surfaces!
Old Mar 5, 2021, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
I'm sure i'm in the minority here... but I always enjoy my red wine chilled!
Agreed to the extent that it’s slightly chilled (~10 degrees below room temp). Not a big fan when it’s ice cold personally, but I guess still better than warm.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
I'm sure i'm in the minority here... but I always enjoy my red wine chilled!

On a positive note, I have started seeing some more varying red/white options on DL lately. Maybe just luck?
On the rare occassions when I find a red wine I like it always goes in my wine fridge.

Wish Delta would carry moscato or Reisling or some other sweeter wine instead of dry wines. Once in a while they have reisling but it's always on international flights and I hate beer unless it's a good craft beer without a strong hops taste like not Your Fathers.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:40 pm
Suspended

While I complain about our current product it's true since the pandemic started I've flown only paid DL flights and the FA's still provided excellent service with what little they've had, unlike on the non AA owned American Eagle flights I've taken where they've used this as an excuse to go to the back galley and chat the whole flight.
NYC Flyer and cmd320 like this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 9:34 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir
I've flown only paid DL flights and the FA's still provided excellent service with what little they've had, unlike on the non AA owned American Eagle flights I've taken where they've used this as an excuse to go to the back galley and chat the whole flight.
To be fair, those non AA owned Eagle carriers are Mesa, Republic and Skywest.... so a significant overlap with Delta Connection.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 6:39 am

I'm flying first from new york to detroit... 502 miles? will there be beverage service in first?
Old Mar 7, 2021, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by taveller
I'm flying first from new york to detroit... 502 miles? will there be beverage service in first?
Yes, I had a flight recently that was 500 miles on the nose. Snack bag had goldfish, biscoff and water. Beer and wine were offered multiple times.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dw
To be fair, those non AA owned Eagle carriers are Mesa, Republic and Skywest.... so a significant overlap with Delta Connection.
Indeed, and all complete garbage. Wouldn’t mind seeing any/all of them fail.

Last edited by cmd320; Mar 7, 2021 at 7:38 pm Reason: Tragic grammar
Old Mar 7, 2021, 5:54 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by 13thandseven
I overheard an FA on my flight last week say the same thing. Soft drinks would be returning "end of next month" ~ so end of March?
Wouldn't that be end of April then since it's already March? That would coincide with their stated end of seat blocking on April 30.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by strickerj
Wouldn't that be end of April then since it's already March? That would coincide with their stated end of seat blocking on April 30.
The original rumors heard weeks ago (late Jan/early Feb) were for a March resumption date; though that is looking less likely as time goes on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.