Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Old Feb 26, 2021, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
A friend of mine overheard a flight attendant talking about it. Again these are just rumors and I don't want anyone to get in trouble if it's confidential. And it may just be FA talk... But I feel pretty good that we're going to get more drinks most likely starting next month, and meals starting in Q3. Also heard that the new meals might be based on departure city and "catered" from known local establishments to regionalize, similar to the local beer offerings at the Sky Clubs.
My first flight in over a year is in late march and would love to have at least OJ returned since this is an early morning flight or to have a coffee and baileys Not holding my breath until Delta stops blocking seats.

I think Delta will have to return to full beverage and meals once they stop blocking seats or lower their prices from the competition since they can't say no food and drinks is due to safety issues if they are allowing strangers in the seat next to you
p100a and strickerj like this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:05 am

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
Wonder how long they will spin the its not safe to bring back service propaganda:

The Future for Middle Seats Delta’s commitment to blocking middle seats during the pandemic has been a public relations triumph for the company—one that is currently slated to last through April. Pressed as to whether that expiration date would stick, Bastian concedes that the popular policy is likely to be extended until summer. “We know it’s safe to sit there,” says Bastian, “but we’re going to follow the confidence and comfort of our customers. When we see demand for those middle seats start to pick up, that’ll be the signal to us to start selling them.”

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/busin...inable-diverse
BigFishDave likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
So I think it's been discussed before, but according to rumors, the full bar will be back in Q2, and I'm not sure if that's just first class or for the entire plane as well as full meals for domestic F in Q3. Snack boxes until then. Apparently it's all new meals and a refreshed liquor cabinet with maybe some new items? Again, only rumors, but it sounds plausible.
Yes full bar in April and meal service at Q3 start or Aug/Sept time frame BUT this is still fluid and based on infection rates. I have heard that if vaccinations pick up and infection rates go down Meals could return at Q3 start.
Again - Mayo clinic will provide guidance (not intended as sarcasm )

What is sure is that when food returns in will come with some 'enhancements' à la skymiles medallion program in the name of 'local cuisine' (and resourcing and such)
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by p100a
... When we see demand for those middle seats start to pick up, that’ll be the signal to us to start selling them.”
Thats funny! I have never met a person who demands to sit in the middle seat.
Maybe he means when families start booking but surely that is happening even now as well.

Or maybe the subtext here is that we are still not selling enough to start filling middle seats (even thought AA and UA are)
cmd320 and strickerj like this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
"the extra room that the combined snack bags and bottled water take up means we have very little available galley space"

So DL, simple solution. Get rid of the snack bags and boxes and Viola, space for real food and drinks.
AinA, jamesteroh, BamaGirl and 4 others like this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Aloha1
"the extra room that the combined snack bags and bottled water take up means we have very little available galley space"

So DL, simple solution. Get rid of the snack bags and boxes and Viola, space for real food and drinks.
Oh they have snack hubs. Places where this stuff can be sourced very cheaply and is stuffed in galley for multiple trips of that AC.
Saves cost and a ready excuse for not proving other drink+food service.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 7:02 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by jeet
Yes full bar in April and meal service at Q3 start or Aug/Sept time frame BUT this is still fluid and based on infection rates. I have heard that if vaccinations pick up and infection rates go down Meals could return at Q3 start.
Again - Mayo clinic will provide guidance (not intended as sarcasm )

What is sure is that when food returns in will come with some 'enhancements' à la skymiles medallion program in the name of 'local cuisine' (and resourcing and such)
The "local cuisine is likely to be in a box marked Happy Meals
Old Feb 27, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
The "local cuisine is likely to be in a box marked Happy Meals
McDonald's would certainly be a sound improvement over domestic F these days
Old Feb 27, 2021, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by demkr
McDonald's would certainly be a sound improvement over domestic F these days
That crappy Gordon's booze everyone complained about that the skyclub had for a few months would be an improvement as well over what they have now
cmd320 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CaptainBiscoff
Good Evening all,

I made a post regarding the First Class Domestic Food update on the Delta Airlines Subreddit.

If you choose to view it, it may viewed here., and is pasted below

The big news here: New snack box coming next month! Details TBA.

I hope this helps those interested. I found Delta's response insightful.
Maybe this when will be the Air Box which is full of compressed air when you open it...
Old Mar 1, 2021, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
LAX-BOS F class. Light snack only?

Please tell me this is a misprint.

Old Mar 1, 2021, 12:54 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
That is indeed correct, with the exception of ATL/MSP - HNL all domestic flights receive snack "flight fuel" boxes.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
There is literally no reason to book a DL F seat in the Lower 48 right now if you want any actual service. if anything, you'll be lucky to have salami in the snack box.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 1:05 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Nope its correct as others will say. You get a box full of crap and warm beer wine or water. You need to fly other airlines if you want your moneys worth in First Class domestically. Delta has found that only their ice, softdrinks, food, and attentive service contains Covid (but again only domestically, Delta's particular strain of Covid doesnt exist on the same items internationally or on long haul flights to Hawaii).
Old Mar 1, 2021, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is the primary reason I haven’t been flying DL.
unitedbusiness likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.