Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You can bring it onboard. However you can't legally drink it unless the FA serves it to you. Basically like bringing a bottle of wine to restaurant, the restaurant must serve it to you..
Don’t think this is true any longer. FAs specifically announce consuming personal alcohol is not allowed. They aren’t even supposed to touch pax bags any more.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Don’t think this is true any longer. FAs specifically announce consuming personal alcohol is not allowed. They aren’t even supposed to touch pax bags any more.
It is still true to the extent that you can only consume your own booze if served by a crew member. The crew members just won't serve it to you. They never had to. Now, they just won't.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
Exactly. I think this restriction is only in place for two reasons:

1) Prevent alcoholics from being severely inebriated during the flight
2) Protect their airlines’ profits from alcohol sales on board

FWIW I’ve ‘self-catered’ for various reasons a number of times and have never experienced an issue. Just don’t be a drunken idiot and don’t flaunt it and no one will bother you.
Yeah I routinely did this when DL was operating MIA-MCO. Throw a couple of Jack and Coke's into a coffee cup and no one knows. I was always able to have a an entire row of C+ to myself on that flight.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 7:34 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Yeah I routinely did this when DL was operating MIA-MCO. Throw a couple of Jack and Coke's into a coffee cup and no one knows. I was always able to have a an entire row of C+ to myself on that flight.
How many Jacks and cokes were you able to fit in on that short a flight?
Old Oct 25, 2020, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Some Woodford accidentally slipped into my Coke on a recent UA flight in Y. Whoops.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Different airline, but this highlights what I was able to put away one time on this route.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
There was no service in Y or C+. You might get a drink in F but it was a roll of the dice in my experience.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
They're not nor have ever been required to serve it. However to consume it, it must be served by them. If they don't want to do it, then you can't legally drink it.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I think the FAs have better things to do than to police pax that bring on a to-go coffee cup or other opaque container and it happens to be filled with an alcoholic beverage. They're not going to be going around asking whats in the cup.

Anyway, I'll be interested to see if there are any onboard service changes when DL stops blocking middle seats.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rylan
I think the FAs have better things to do than to police pax that bring on a to-go coffee cup or other opaque container and it happens to be filled with an alcoholic beverage. They're not going to be going around asking whats in the cup.

Anyway, I'll be interested to see if there are any onboard service changes when DL stops blocking middle seats.
Has there been word on when the blocking of middle seats will stop?
Old Oct 26, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by sassybritches
Has there been word on when the blocking of middle seats will stop?
Right now this is extended until 1/6/2021. Could potentially extend further if DL chooses to do so.
sassybritches likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
Middle seat blocking is officially extended until 1/6/21. At the last earnings call, they said it would go away at some point in the first half of 2021.

My guess is that it gets extended out a bit longer, probably through Q1 (end of March). I suspect its definitely gone no later than April or May.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
LAX-PHX
DL 3722
8:55a-10:15a
October 23
E75

Seat 3D with auto blocked 3C

Pleasant short flight and a good deal at only $115.

Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:04 am

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
We were in Comfort+ this week MSP-PHX and were served our choice of wine or beer which was nice -- and no problem to request a 2nd
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Powers106
We were in Comfort+ this week MSP-PHX and were served our choice of wine or beer which was nice -- and no problem to request a 2nd
I asked for one each and took the beer to my hotel room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.