Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2020, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by apodo77
Are you suggesting flights would be sold out if DL got rid of the seat blocking?
Many (though not all) AA flights seem to be doing just that...

Regards
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Are you suggesting flights would be sold out if DL got rid of the seat blocking?
I’d say for a number of them that would be strongly possible, yes.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Well since DL like everyone else has cut capacity they would be either sold out or 100% full. AA's flights are full now. Not because everyone is flying again it's because they only have so many planes in the sky and aren't adding capacity. Parkers' fillin' up all them seats!
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
Well since DL like everyone else has cut capacity they would be either sold out or 100% full. AA's flights are full now. Not because everyone is flying again it's because they only have so many planes in the sky and aren't adding capacity. Parkers' fillin' up all them seats!
Lol, good ole’ Discount Doug.

I somewhat doubt AA has reduced its capacity any more than DL has at this point.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
Comfort will get the standard sealed bag (two snacks and small bottle of water) + additional bottled water upon request, wine, and beer
Thanks! At least there's beer😀 Bringing some straws to sip through my mask. lol
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
depends on which part of the country..the heaviest traffic these days are in the South and the Mountain West...the big cities on both coasts are pretty dead (NYC,BOS and SFO in particular). I have seen quite a few flights into and out of ATL and SLC booked full (at DL’s capped capacity levels of course). These trends are pretty much the same across all airlines..AA’s loads out of NYC are just as bad or worse than DL’s loads for example...
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
depends on which part of the country..the heaviest traffic these days are in the South and the Mountain West...the big cities on both coasts are pretty dead (NYC,BOS and SFO in particular). I have seen quite a few flights into and out of ATL and SLC booked full (at DL’s capped capacity levels of course). These trends are pretty much the same across all airlines..AA’s loads out of NYC are just as bad or worse than DL’s loads for example...
Im torn on the NYC issue....the quarantine checkers are more militant than ever even if you’re coming from a non-quarantine state/area and makes me not want to travel but I understand why they’re doing it.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
No change in TATL D1 service

Flew TATL to Europe a few days ago..not much change to the D1 meal service and catering...

The crew decided to serve the soup and salad first instead of everything on one tray...

Main dish choices were beef tenderloin, herbed chicken with ravioli and broccolini or a veggie lasagna. The chicken was actually quite moist and tender...

Ice cream for desert instead of a cake or tart..served after the main

Choice of hot breakfast -frittata and bacon or cold: granola cereal
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:22 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Reporting from the 'heavy traffic' South- The long term parking lot at VPS seems like it's about 65-70% full right now. Granted they were at about 110% last summer (additional spaces carved out of what used to be one of the staff lots) but it's weirdly high given pandemic conditions. They're also doing all 737s for their six daily flights to ATL now, presumably to have enough unblocked seats to meet demand. (Pre-C, it was usually Mad Dogs and 717s out of here with only a few summer 737s) Maybe Delta's the preferred carrier for a bunch of DoD routes out of here again or something
AeRoSpaceman and dmarge18 like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Since Aeromexico has greatly reduced their flights to and from MEX/US, there's actually some full flights or very loaded. I also noticed that evening flights are fuller for some reason. I try to take the first flight out based on the probability of being able to take the next one in the event of an issue.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 6:07 pm
Suspended

I was on Aeromexico this morning in F. They offered soda (no ice), coconut water and i think beer if I remember correctly. But no not on DL. Smh.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 6:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Since Aeromexico has greatly reduced their flights to and from MEX/US, there's actually some full flights or very loaded. I also noticed that evening flights are fuller for some reason. I try to take the first flight out based on the probability of being able to take the next one in the event of an issue.
I was on Aeromexico this morning and my flight was full. They moved some crew that were in back up front. I assume everyone that was eligible for an upgrade already were up front.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 4:44 am

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Reporting from the 'heavy traffic' South- The long term parking lot at VPS seems like it's about 65-70% full right now. Granted they were at about 110% last summer (additional spaces carved out of what used to be one of the staff lots) but it's weirdly high given pandemic conditions. They're also doing all 737s for their six daily flights to ATL now, presumably to have enough unblocked seats to meet demand. (Pre-C, it was usually Mad Dogs and 717s out of here with only a few summer 737s) Maybe Delta's the preferred carrier for a bunch of DoD routes out of here again or something
Same here in PNS. It used to be 757's in the late spring and summer months then they moved to mad dogs and 717's with a few 739's mixed in and now it's all 739-ER's all day every day.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
9/18 DL 5047 RDU-DTW CRJ-900: Snack bags and beer and wine for F and C+. They even did refills for F and C+. I was impressed
9/18 DL 1234 DTW-BWI 737-800: Snack bags and beer and wine for F and C+.
Interesting since DTW-BWI is below the 500 mile minimum for F/C+ service. If that is the new norm, that's great (and expected)!
Old Sep 23, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Interesting since DTW-BWI is below the 500 mile minimum for F/C+ service. If that is the new norm, that's great (and expected)!
Hopefully that’s true. From what I observed in the gallery on my most recent DL flight (MCO-ATL), it appears that the aircraft are “catered” at the start of the day with many items (snack boxes, beer/wine, etc.) whether the flight is supposed to receive them or not. I suppose it’s possible the cabin crew could mistakenly offer items on a flight that’s not technically suppose to receive them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.