Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Unlimited Rebooking, if original is booked this March???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador

From the current Coronavirus Travel Update (as of evening of March 19):
"... And if you purchased a ticket in March, you can adjust your travel as many times as you’d like without a change fee for an entire year from the date you purchased it. ..."

Am I reading that correctly???

However, at the bottom, under "Booking A New Ticket"
"... Enjoy peace of mind with no change fees on new Delta bookings, through March 31, 2020. A change can be made before your original departure date for new travel through February 28, 2021..." (Doesn't this conflict with the above?)

I'm supposed to travel April, May and December of this year. I would be stuck at work any time in between those months, so the April trip would have to be refunded. But if I'm reading the above correctly (unlimited rebookings???), I might ask for extra vacation off.

However, if I cancel the booking (say for August of this year), made before the end of the month with the eCredit, can it be canceled without penalty?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:14 pm

Thank you for posting this. I've just screenshot the page for my records.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/advisori...ravel/overview
I presume the two tickets I did book for later travel are now truly at risk when this whole things goes bankrupt.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
When they first posted the no change fee if booked in March, it was a one time change.
It does appear they updated the waiver since then to allow unlimited no fee changes, although new fare will apply. So that is nice that any tickets you buy now have total flexibility to rebook/change destinations etc with no fee.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by rylan
When they first posted the no change fee if booked in March, it was a one time change.
It does appear they updated the waiver since then to allow unlimited no fee changes, although new fare will apply. So that is nice that any tickets you buy now have total flexibility to rebook/change destinations etc with no fee.
Well, I will buy future tickets based on this. Can not lose.

And that is what DL wants. They have a cash flow issue.
travelina likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.