Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Thanks for the info. Maybe the Centurion lounge showers are open.
Centurion Lounge showers are still closed as well.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dmarge18
Heading through BOS tomorrow; is the main club still serving pre-packaged food as well? I'll have a few hours to kill so I can choose either club (and the hotel breakfast here has been extremely weak).
Yes it is still prepackaged (unless they changed in the past week). Selection in BOS has been much better than many other locations especially ATL.
I haven't been to the satellite club yet across the other side since it opened recently.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 7:34 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by melissaru
The ATL clubs are an utter embarrassment for Delta. I was in B two days ago and the offerings still look like an eighth grade cafeteria - Ritz Bits, chips, tiny wrapped turkey sandwiches with school grade deli meat, etc. That numerous other DL clubs have figured out how to serve hot food or at least regional specialties and none of the "home airport" locations offer anything resembling adult food is simply inexcusable at this point.
The club on A is the same, I did like the pasta salad though
Old Jun 23, 2021, 9:47 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Synapseturquoise
The club on A is the same, I did like the pasta salad though
I was in B and T tonight.

B had fried rice with teriyaki chicken (that clearly was just the diced chicken from the cups tossed in bottled sauce).

T had nothing except those broth bowl things.

it’s like United Club bad…
Old Jun 23, 2021, 9:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is it practical to use the Centurion lounge at DFW before a DL flight? Or does this require going through TSA airport security (at least) twice?
It’s fairly practical. If you have checked bags and a rental car, drop the bags at Terminal E with your rental car, return the car, and take the shuttle back to Terminal D where the Centurion lounge is. You can pass TSA there and stay airside after that. It’s about a 10-minute journey via SkyLink from the Centurion lounge to the lowest numbered DL gates in E.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:27 pm

Under the DL.com Sky Club News & Updates page, it no longer list the opens clubs but instead says this message. “With the opening of the Fort Lauderdale Club, all of Delta’s Clubs will be reopened by the end of June.” When looking at the main DL.com SC directory, it still says ATL C37, JFK T2, and the SEA S Club are “temporarily closed” with no re-opening date listed.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by rylan
Yes it is still prepackaged (unless they changed in the past week). Selection in BOS has been much better than many other locations especially ATL.
I haven't been to the satellite club yet across the other side since it opened recently.
Satellite club was very nice post-renos and reopening. I will say the food was the EXACT same as ATL T's breakfast from 2 days prior. High hopes for when they get back to 'normal.'
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Under the DL.com Sky Club News & Updates page, it no longer list the opens clubs but instead says this message. “With the opening of the Fort Lauderdale Club, all of Delta’s Clubs will be reopened by the end of June.” When looking at the main DL.com SC directory, it still says ATL C37, JFK T2, and the SEA S Club are “temporarily closed” with no re-opening date listed.
i don’t think S will reopen. With the new A club being built and the new FIS facility open DL is moving away from the S gates to A.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is it practical to use the Centurion lounge at DFW before a DL flight? Or does this require going through TSA airport security (at least) twice?
It's practical, but be forewarned, the past couple times I allotted extra time to check it out at DFW (May/June, late morning/noon flights), there was a 30+ minute waiting list to get in. They're still doing limited seating even though air travel is essentially full airports, so it wasn't really worth the trip over there for the limited amount of time I would have had in the lounge.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
i don’t think S will reopen. With the new A club being built and the new FIS facility open DL is moving away from the S gates to A.
The second new A Club and FIS aren’t open yet and DL is still using S as of today. The clubs DL decided to permanently closed were removed from the SkyClub directory so they obviously have plans to re-open the S club. DL just recently even re-opened the tiny secondary C28 club in LGA even though it’s only convenient for 2 Gates (C28 and C26).
Old Jun 24, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Centurion Lounge showers are still closed as well.
At the Centurion lounge now and can confirm showers are still closed. Have not made it to the SC yet. Though it’s hard to leave when the centurion lounge has food like chicken Milanese
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I'm currently in the main (A40) club in DTW; before this I was in the B/C club and the club at the north end of A. There is a water main break in the DTW area, and Delta has responded by locking all the bathrooms in the clubs and by abandoning all food and beverage service. Not even canned drinks and bags of chips are available.

Here's the story on the water main break from WXYZ-TV Channel 7 in Detroit:

Crews working to repair water main break at DTW terminal (wxyz.com)
Smithwicks70 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
That seems like an excessive response for a water main break. Normally all that results in is a boil water notice…
Old Jun 24, 2021, 5:44 pm

I have a quick question, I hope this is the right place to post this. I have the platinum amex card so I can get into SC's for free when flying delta. I have read online that you can bring guests in for a fee, how does that work? I am new to this whole lounge thing
Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
DTW Update 6/24/21 1955: the staff here just put out bottles of lukewarm Niagara still water and 1.7 ounce portions of Nature Valley brand Almond Butter and Blueberry "sustained energy bars".
Smithwicks70 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.