Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 6, 22, 2:33 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Zorak
Wiki Link

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Temporarily Closed: Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 10, 21, 4:29 pm

Programs: Delta PM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Italian Beef and Meatball Sliders in the MSP F/G SkyClub

I was famished upon arrival at MSP from DCA this afternoon. Color me shocked to see this delicious food, on ciabatta bread.
I am now in the C12 club. Other than chips and Cheetos, not much food here. I noticed that the construction at the food court next to gate C12 appears to be complete, but the Starbucks, Smashburger and Chick-Fil-A there are not open. Does anyone know when these places will open
N830MH likes this.
Old Jun 10, 21, 4:46 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
they had these in PHX skyclub when I was there on 6/4. It was quite good. Glad to see these are at multiple clubs!
Old Jun 10, 21, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 View Post
get doubles, obv, half as many trips
Yeah I've started. Off topic but my only international trip this year was to Istanbul and the Conrad had their executive lounge open. It was a smaller setup and they had to serve you booze as opposed to it being self serve like usual. On my last day he remarked that next time I was back he'll just bring me the entire bottle. We got a good laugh. They learned quickly just to start off with bigger pours and it'll save them some work. Same could be said for the Sky Club until they bring back self service at more clubs.
Old Jun 11, 21, 1:22 am

HNL Club - Awesome

Had the opportunity to go to the HNL club this week. I don't think I'd been there since the NW days. Such a great crew. Proactively checking in if we needed anything. A "surprise and delight" cart service with Wine and Deserts. Not a half bad Mai Tai either. Bar was tended but quick and well stocked. It's a smaller club so hot food was limited to Rice with Pork Curry, various forms of musubi and some sort of noodle dish. I think there was also a selection of Ramen. Cold items was everything from sandwiches and tuna Tuna Poke. The desert selection was well stocked with individually packed items.

It might not have had the variety of food you get at the hub lounges, but the friendly staff and attention to detail was so much better.
hamburgler likes this.
Old Jun 11, 21, 5:14 am

Programs: DELTA DM MM, AA Plat HH DIA
LAX second Sky Club was opened this week to open up spaces from the crowded main Club. Was the old Virgin club redone. Lunch had Pull Pork or Incredible Burger; OK for both. Hours are limited to 7:30 to 1PM.
Old Jun 11, 21, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pete Yip View Post
LAX second Sky Club was opened this week to open up spaces from the crowded main Club. Was the old Virgin club redone. Lunch had Pull Pork or Incredible Burger; OK for both. Hours are limited to 7:30 to 1PM.
There's already a thread on this second club opening -- New SkyClub in LAX T2, what do you know about it?
Old Jun 11, 21, 8:06 am

Programs: DL DM, FB Plat
Originally Posted by LAXRuss View Post
It is a riot-- I was at DCA a couple weeks ago, they were also out of Dom. The staff member told me for the last year they have had a bottle of Cristal in the refrigerator-- she showed it to me-- but she said since it is no longer on the menu, they no longer have a way to sell it--i.e. ring it up for sale-- so the staff just lets it age in place in the refrigerator as unused inventory. How ridiculous.
That is so ridiculous. Any pragmatic person would just ring it up as Dom, especially since Dom is unavailable so it can be seen as substitution. But I guess "rules" are everything.

BTW as of last week Dom is available by the bottle in LAX and by the bottle and glass in MIA and JFK.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 21, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ND76 View Post
I was famished upon arrival at MSP from DCA this afternoon. Color me shocked to see this delicious food, on ciabatta bread.
I am now in the C12 club. Other than chips and Cheetos, not much food here. I noticed that the construction at the food court next to gate C12 appears to be complete, but the Starbucks, Smashburger and Chick-Fil-A there are not open. Does anyone know when these places will open
I was in MSP last month and was shocked with:

1) How absolutely packed the terminal was
2) How there were next to no decent dining options open

Given the lack of food on board the aircraft, I ran through plenty of the options at the F/G club. Overall, I found them to be okay, but not a great substitute for an actual dinner. Decent for snacking while drinking some Dom though.
Old Jun 12, 21, 7:27 am
formerly B7e7US
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I was at MSP C Club on 6/9 and they had them. It was the best thing to find after a flight from CUN with only a happy box, and a connecting flight to DCA also with another box.
DCFlyer0306 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 21, 10:42 am

Programs: DL PM, New Sagaya
Kahlua pork, Beyond Beef, or meatball sandwiches (self serve) in Seattle last night. Nice spread of side salads. Sole bartender got backed up occasionally but nothing too bad.
Old Jun 12, 21, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM MM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Plat, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by David7 View Post
BTW as of last week Dom is available by the bottle in LAX and by the bottle and glass in MIA and JFK.
Also by the glass (and presumably bottles) at SEA a couple days ago.
Old Jun 12, 21, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by David7 View Post
That is so ridiculous. Any pragmatic person would just ring it up as Dom, especially since Dom is unavailable so it can be seen as substitution. But I guess "rules" are everything.
given the way liquor laws are written in this country (and how much they vary from one jurisdiction to the next) it's entirely possible that doing this would be illegal.
ExArkie likes this.
Old Jun 12, 21, 2:02 pm

They have them at SEA Sky Club today (6/12). Decent spread, nice to have several salad options, too.

Listening to a couple have a row about one not making enough of an effort to get to spend time with her mom - not even meatball sandwiches can solve that!
Old Jun 12, 21, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by ryandc99 View Post
they had these in PHX skyclub when I was there on 6/4. It was quite good. Glad to see these are at multiple clubs!
I didnít know you went there. You went to my PHX airport. Next time please leave my pm to me. I can meet you there. Right now, itís too extremely hot outside.
Old Jun 13, 21, 7:25 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum; DL DM, 1.4 MM; Aeroplan 75K; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by becks1 View Post
They have them at SEA Sky Club today (6/12). Decent spread, nice to have several salad options, too.
I had stopped by DTW B/C Club last weekend and saw an item labeled "meatball sub". I was actually pretty disappointed when I found out that it was just the regular DTW meatballs plopped into a basic hot dog bun. It was food, but it certainly wasn't exciting.

Search this Thread