Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
I guess I am thinking "great food" given Covid. They had three hot sandwich choices and a lot of variety in the snacks offered. I fully admit my standards have plummeted i the last 18 months.
My only complaint about the DEN SC is the shared bathrooms. They are often just as dirty as the concourse bathrooms. If you haven't found this out yet, you can take the elevators from the train station up to the third floor and avoid the escalator madness. I believe its floor 3.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
SEA Sky Club is back to buffett style. Everything is serve yourself with no pre packaged food. I must say I am not happy about it and I let them know. I think it's too early to be touching spoons or tongs that someone else just had in their hand.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by estedman
SEA Sky Club is back to buffett style. Everything is serve yourself with no pre packaged food. I must say I am not happy about it and I let them know. I think it's too early to be touching spoons or tongs that someone else just had in their hand.
I understand your concern, but you could always wash your hands after touching the serving utensils and that would remove any contaminants that might have come off the serving utensils and onto your hand.

Pre-COVID-19 after touching communal serving utensils I always put my plate of food down at my seat, went to the bathroom and washed my hands before eating, in fact washing ones hands before eating is one of the best practices in keeping oneself healthy in normal times and during these very abnormal times.
CMK10, demkr, United747 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by estedman
use a napkin perhaps? I'm sorry but I've been vaccinated and I assume you have been too. So why live in fear? Let the rest of us who are paying high fares to fly be able to have decent food in the club.

Coffee machines/dispensers get touched all the time. Which is why it was ironic that at least in BOS I had to ask a bartender for a water bottle.
ck8, cmd320 and Ryno1234 like this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 6:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Are any clubs back to self serve booze yet? I have no shame but I have definitely got a few eyerolls at the temp bars in formerly self serve clubs when I show up for my 4th drink.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Are any clubs back to self serve booze yet? I have no shame but I have definitely got a few eyerolls at the temp bars in formerly self serve clubs when I show up for my 4th drink.
Supposedly DTW Sky Clubs go back to self-serve buffets on the 15th. Not sure if that means bars will go back to self-serve as well. I can't imagine having permanent bartenders at the concourse A end clubs which are pretty space constrained. I haven't checked the setup at the one on the north end which is open now.
sfgiants13 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I was told at DTW main a couple weeks ago by an employee when I asked that the staffed bar is there to stay. I asked if a luxury bar would be added and he said no but the new club being built across the hall is going to have one. Not sure if the end clubs and b/c club will remained staffed or go back to self service.

I wish they would do what ORD does if they keep the staffed bar and have self serice soda machines at least. I hate tipping to get a diet coke. I'd rather have a self service bar for booze as well, I can pour the drink the way I like it. If they are going to keep the bar staffed then add the luxury bars at those clubs, if we're stuck tipping a bartender and waiting in line it would be nice to be able to use skypesos on a decent drink and be able to take advatnace of the december am ex promo they normally have where you get a free drink with a delta am ex card at the luxury bars.
sfgiants13 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 1:04 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I hate tipping to get a diet coke. I'd rather have a self service bar for booze as well, I can pour the drink the way I like it.
While I certainly relish have no issue with a self-service bar, I wouldn't sweat tipping or not tipping over a diet coke, and have not experienced an issue with bartenders' inability to pour drinks to my liking, either.

If I'm settling in for a 2-3 hour stay in the club, I definitely make sure to have some bills for tips (whether it's an airline, Centurion or Priority Pass lounge), but if I'm in a hurry and am just there for a drink or two and find myself without cash, I just take the approach that it all evens out in the end.

While bar staff definitely count on tips for their livelihood, they are also in a service business and realize/accept the fact that the tipping culture has yet to catch up with the cashless culture (i.e., can't venmo a tip). I take the position that my generosity, when offered, makes up for the times I (and/or others) I'm not able to leave a tip. When I find myself without cash, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to request 1-3 drinks at the bar (especially soft drinks/water).

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Jun 10, 2021 at 1:06 am Reason: grammar
Old Jun 10, 2021, 5:12 am

Programs: DELTA DM 2MM, AA Plat HH DIA
First time in JFK T4 Sky Club in a while. Very nice improvements in the seating areas. Hot Buffets are available again, and are plated for you.
Check in is scanned at the front entrance, with the normal check in desk at the top of the escalator closed and all boarded for renovations.
My Friend Donnie at check in, says that they are expanding seating capacity since things are getting crowded again.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 5:58 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Can confirm that the BOS satellite terminal SC at A18 is open!

(still serving prepackaged food however)
Old Jun 10, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Yep, DEN Skyclub is self serve booze.
sfgiants13 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by xliioper
LAX club has allowed food to be eaten in club and has served alcohol for awhile now as far as I'm aware (I believe since last Fall). I went through it on March 13th and this was case back then.
LAX had food to eat in the lounge (served from the buffet) and served alcohol (as you enter, on the far left side in the back of the lounge) in mid-May.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by demkr
So why live in fear?
Do you wear a seat belt when you're in a car?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:07 am

get doubles, obv, half as many trips
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by demkr
Coffee machines/dispensers get touched all the time. Which is why it was ironic that at least in BOS I had to ask a bartender for a water bottle.
It's these kinds of things which really show this is, and always was, all about cost cutting.

Self-serve coffee machines never went out of service with people touching those constantly, yet for whatever reason it's too hazardous to have self serve buffet or bar?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.