Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2021, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
I'm considering buying an individual membership on Delta.com tonight and am travelling tomorrow. Are SkyClub memberships effective immediately or do I have to wait to get credentials in the mail?
Old Jan 19, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
I'm considering buying an individual membership on Delta.com tonight and am travelling tomorrow. Are SkyClub memberships effective immediately or do I have to wait to get credentials in the mail?
Presumably immediate (doubt they even mail anything physical), but why not just buy on the spot in the club to be safe?
Old Jan 19, 2021, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Presumably immediate (doubt they even mail anything physical), but why not just buy on the spot in the club to be safe?
Plus the physical club gets credit for the revenue....I always renew my AA club membership on site for this reason.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 8:20 am

Programs: DL DM
Walked past MSP C this morning, and they have installed at least one "grab-and-go" fridge.

Per the staff at F/G, the tentative reopening date is February 9th, but it sounds like this date is relatively fluid.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Any recent reports from SEA (A Club)?

Will have a few 2 hour connections there next week. I was in SEA about a month ago (though was flying AS on that trip and obviously couldn't use the Club) and the airport was a very sad place with all of the restaurants mandated to be closed again.
I flew through on Wednesday evening (1/20). The Sky Club was VERY quiet (I think I counted 5 other customers). They had packaged single serve items (sandwiches, salads, veggies, cookies, etc). You can eat them in the lounge (unlike the Centurion lounge, where the food is grab and go). No alcohol is available (same as the rest of the airport), but they did have a few "mock-tails" on offer.

In addition to the Centurion Lounge, the two Priority Pass restaurants (Bambuza in the North Satellite and Trail Head in the central terminal) also are doing grab and go.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Looks like California Department of Public Health this morning has lifted the stay-at-home order for all counties in the Golden State. Any sightings in the wild or updates as to how or if the the LAX T-2 Sky Club has been up changed?
Old Jan 26, 2021, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Hepsaint
Looks like California Department of Public Health this morning has lifted the stay-at-home order for all counties in the Golden State. Any sightings in the wild or updates as to how or if the the LAX T-2 Sky Club has been up changed?
LA County still not permitting indoor dining, so unlikely things will change there.
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Hepsaint
UA and AA have both reopened their clubs to somewhat normal operations at LAX in the last couple weeks. Not sure of the status of DL yet though, but I would assume it will too if it hasn’t already.
Hepsaint and cmd320 like this.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Headed through ATL on Friday AM for the first time in ~3ish weeks. Any recent changes of note to any of the clubs? I tend to favor T, but willing to head elsewhere...
Old Jan 26, 2021, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by dcadwell
Headed through ATL on Friday AM for the first time in ~3ish weeks. Any recent changes of note to any of the clubs? I tend to favor T, but willing to head elsewhere...
T was fairly normal a couple of weeks ago.
dcadwell likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
UA and AA have both reopened their clubs to somewhat normal operations at LAX in the last couple weeks. Not sure of the status of DL yet though, but I would assume it will too if it hasn’t already.
I was at T2 SC on Tues Jan 26 and it was the grab and go brown bag with no eating inside the club.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 6:03 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Someone posted in a FB group that the ATL D10 SkyCloset is now reopen.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 8:02 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
LAX SC dine-in reintroduced

Sitting in LAX SC, they now allow dine-in. When you arrive, a greeter will walk you to an available socially distanced seat.

You’re allowed to enjoy your food & beverage again inside the Sky Club effective today 29 January.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 8:14 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SEAUAKID
Sitting in LAX SC, they now allow dine-in. When you arrive, a greeter will walk you to an available socially distanced seat.

You’re allowed to enjoy your food & beverage again inside the Sky Club effective today 29 January.
this is really good to hear. So, to clarify: its like it was before the stay at home order? pre packaged, drinks served etc but you can eat in the lounge? Or do yo have to bring your own food.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
this is really good to hear. So, to clarify: its like it was before the stay at home order? pre packaged, drinks served etc but you can eat in the lounge? Or do yo have to bring your own food.
Its similar to how it was before the stay at home order. Pre packaged food items, drinks available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.