Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by cmd320
I've seen a number of these products for sale on Amazon amongst other places. I'm curious how effective they actually are because I'd consider buying one so that I don't have to constantly wipe my phone down with Clorox/Purell wipes and then dry it.
It looks like they're only as effective as the last person who touched it to "push the tray in and close the door."
Old Dec 19, 2020, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
It looks like they're only as effective as the last person who touched it to "push the tray in and close the door."
I think some of this stuff is downright counterproductive when it comes to Coronavirus. We know now it is a respiratory virus transmitted primarily through the air. The number of people I see constantly sanitizing their hands and using these types of devices but not properly wearing masks is staggering.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
I think some of this stuff is downright counterproductive when it comes to Coronavirus. We know now it is a respiratory virus transmitted primarily through the air. The number of people I see constantly sanitizing their hands and using these types of devices but not properly wearing masks is staggering.
If someone is sanitizing their hands using a UV light they’re going to have much bigger problems.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by cmd320
If someone is sanitizing their hands using a UV light they’re going to have much bigger problems.
I think they call that a tanning bed! Could be a new addition to the MSP and DTW SkyClubs for the winter!

This evening when checking in, the lounge attendant even specifically invited me to try out the new phone sanitizer. He said they did some tests where they swabbed phones for germs before and after...
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tardyturtle
I think they call that a tanning bed! Could be a new addition to the MSP and DTW SkyClubs for the winter!
Haha, same technology, different levels of power. Think pool acid vs battery acid. That said, tanning beds still aren’t great for you.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 12:33 am

I was the only customer at LAX today for a good ten minutes mid-afternoon. Very strange. While I understand that indoor dining is a potential high risk activity for COVID, the rules that ban eating in the SkyClub, while permitting people downstairs to eat their Jersey Mike's at the food court tables is truly, truly baffling. Or to take your food from the club into the terminal and eat in a packed gate area. Just really seems like someone needs to think through this a bit more.

As far as options, they had a wide array of chips (including Cheetos which I'd not seen before), along with the usual cups of various salads. There were three sandwich options: ham & cheese, portolobello wrap and a bizarre "chipotle chicken" that was everything like tuna salad and nothing like chipotle chicken (this is the second time I've had this and it's the same, so its not a labeling error). The sandwiches were pretty awful. They could really use some mayo or mustard packets to give it a dash of flavor. I really miss the "special" sandwiches they were doing for a while (the one with the truffle aioli comes to mind).To their credit, though, the ladies in the club are eager to funnel as much as you want into your grab bag. No amount is seemingly too much and they are always eager to serve you more.
cmd320, AANYC1981 and pmblinn like this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 7:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
"No amount is seemingly too much and they are always eager to serve you more."

I think they just wanted you to get out of there. Sort of like, when the bars close down.... you ain't gotta go home but you need to get the heck out of here! 😃
Old Dec 28, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: DL PM
Busy day in the MSP club today. A few open spots still and short lines for food and drink. Miss vickies chips along with finger sandwhiches along with a few salads in a cup for options.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
What is Delta's excuse for keeping the showers closed? It's been known for quite some time the virus is not easily spread via surfaces.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
What is Delta's excuse for keeping the showers closed? It's been known for quite some time the virus is not easily spread via surfaces.
Well, the bathrooms are COVID free, but the showers are a hot bed... it’s sort of like having cabin service on international D1 but not on D1 transcons.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Probably because they want to cut contracting staff and not having to clean the showers saves DL money. Also even if the virus did spread easily on surfaces, the hot and humid room after a shower would essentially kill off any existing viruses on the surface.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 4:32 pm

Programs: SPG Plat and Lifetime Plat DL Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Probably because they want to cut contracting staff and not having to clean the showers saves DL money.
Yes, this. I've been told that whether or not a Club is open or closed is based on whether it is cash positive - in other words, revenue from Amex card swipes and other revenue vs. the operating costs of that club. Add showers, you drive costs up significantly against a relatively small revenue base, given that is the metric that has apparently been handed down, so - no showers and limited food. #KeepClimbing
Old Jan 5, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Is the club in SEA serving drinks yet? I'll be there this weekend. Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by Buckhead
Is the club in SEA serving drinks yet? I'll be there this weekend. Thanks.
Yes and no. Per Governor Inslee's order, stay-safe restriction has been extended for another week to Jan 11, 2021. With that said, bar at my last pass-thru was serving non-alcohol mixed drinks.

Jiburi
Old Jan 6, 2021, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DCA club had a nice spread this week:

butternut squash soup
make your own broth bowl (chicken broth)
fresh sandwiches
two types of salads
hummus and pita
chips
nice looking packaged brownies

Sadly they were taking down the ginger bread house display while I was there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.