Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by cmd320
This is likely part of that decision. The F club has been pretty busy, even relatively late on a Tuesday evening. I am happy to see they reopened the second wing of the lounge also which had been roped off for a long time.
Great point: half of the E club is roped off-- the part that is a little darker and has the spa and shower area. The rope is where the bar ends. It wasn't too crowded. I like the work cubicles so i hung out there.

as for E itself: it seemed pretty busy today. as you come up the escalator from the train walking toward the E club, the right half of the terminal is roped off( Or was this morning). the left side was open. The only concession that I saw this AM was the coffee shop. the line was 20-30 deep.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
as for E itself: it seemed pretty busy today. as you come up the escalator from the train walking toward the E club, the right half of the terminal is roped off( Or was this morning). the left side was open. The only concession that I saw this AM was the coffee shop. the line was 20-30 deep.
Tuesday evening was the opposite. Coming off the escalator into the concourse the left hand side in the direction of OFS was roped off while the right hand side was open. I assume they're just alternating, though I'm not really sure why they would do that.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 2:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Great point: half of the E club is roped off-- the part that is a little darker and has the spa and shower area. The rope is where the bar ends. It wasn't too crowded. I like the work cubicles so i hung out there.

Were some to the cubicles marked not to be used? They're pretty close together, but would be very nice at half capacity or less.

Tuesday evening was the opposite. Coming off the escalator into the concourse the left hand side in the direction of OFS was roped off while the right hand side was open. I assume they're just alternating, though I'm not really sure why they would do that.
I would guess that they're alternating to permit thorough cleaning and maybe to have the area unoccupied, just like hotel rooms are scheduled to sit vacant between guests or before housekeepers enter.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Were some to the cubicles marked not to be used? They're pretty close together, but would be very nice at half capacity or less.
Cant speak for E, but none of the seating in T or F was blocked off recently. Very different from the Centurion Lounges I’ve visited.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
There’s a rumor going around that DL will soon not allow Skyclub admittance on arrival (connecting obviously is fine) anyone have an idea of this is really true? Would be an awful decision on their part if so.
Hopefully it isn't true. A lot of times I'll take a red eye home and use the skyclub to shower and grab coffee and breakfast or head to the office. Even if I'm not going to head to the office after the flight I like to stop in after a red eye for breakfast since Delta doesn't provide meal service on red eyes
Oakshadow, AKC6 and cmd320 like this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 6:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Cant speak for E, but none of the seating in T or F was blocked off recently. Very different from the Centurion Lounges I’ve visited.
Many places remove furniture rather than blocking off seats.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 6:52 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
[QUOTE=MSPeconomist;32877188]Were some to the cubicles marked not to be used? They're pretty close together, but would be very nice at half capacity or less.

Yep, every other chair was missing. I had the entire section to myself for 2 hours except for the SkyClub attendant orbiting and making sure no one needed anything/kept their masks on. Was a really productive few hours. I HATE to talk on the phone in the clubs: i have a rather loud voice and never want to be "that guy". This morning i could have held a KISS concert and not bothered anyone.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
DTW A38 was not bad tonight. Not very busy, only an occasional line for the bar. The sandwiches were better than I had at MSP a couple weeks ago despite being labeled the same (chipotle chicken sandwich). Still have no clue where the chipotle taste is but the bread was better.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 12:01 pm

Any updates on the LaGuardia skyclubs today? just wondering if they are still serving the food like normal(i mean Covid normal) or if they went full LAX and you cant eat or drink anything in them? The ban on NYC indoor dining started today, so that's why im asking if they changed. I'm there for a while on Wednesday and am just curious.

thanks!
krazykanuck and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 2:40 pm

Any updates on the LaGuardia skyclubs today? just wondering if they are still serving the food like normal(i mean Covid normal) or if they went full LAX and you cant eat or drink anything in them? The ban on NYC indoor dining started today, so that's why im asking if they changed. I'm there for a while on Wednesday and am just curious.

thanks!
To answer my own question
was in the D and C LGA clubs today: business as usual. pre packaged food that you could eat in the club. Glad they didn't go full LAX shut down.

Now, if i can just beat the snow out of here!!
cmd320 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 11:34 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Ed’s latest email today says more clubs will be reopening and hints that they have plans to safely bring back F&B service onboard....no specific dates given but nice to see it’s on the radar.
NYC Flyer, demkr, volabam and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Ed’s latest email today says more clubs will be reopening and hints that they have plans to safely bring back F&B service onboard....no specific dates given but nice to see it’s on the radar.
Great Ed. Let us know when it actually happens and I'll consider paying for your premium product again.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL DM
Saw this in MSP F/G today—an ultraviolet sanitizer for your smartphone which reportedly kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses in 30 seconds. I wonder if these are getting added to every SkyClub?

I didn’t see anyone use it during my brief visit. To avoid the risk of getting this thread locked like the onboard service thread, I am not going to start a discussion about my personal opinion about these devices , but I found it interesting to see this in the SC as part of Delta’s “Care Standard” nonetheless.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by tardyturtle
Saw this in MSP F/G today—an ultraviolet sanitizer for your smartphone which reportedly kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses in 30 seconds. I wonder if these are getting added to every SkyClub?

I didn’t see anyone use it during my brief visit. To avoid the risk of getting this thread locked like the onboard service thread, I am not going to start a discussion about my personal opinion about these devices , but I found it interesting to see this in the SC as part of Delta’s “Care Standard” nonetheless.
Saw the same gizmo yesterday at LAX SC.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tardyturtle

I've seen a number of these products for sale on Amazon amongst other places. I'm curious how effective they actually are because I'd consider buying one so that I don't have to constantly wipe my phone down with Clorox/Purell wipes and then dry it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.