Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2020, 10:12 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by dcadwell
A data point - Flight tomorrow is (currently) slated to fly out of E in ATL. Could be an indicator that DL is starting tp pick up traffic out of that concourse going forward? Haven't seen any DL traffic going out of there my last few times through.
Back in September, I had a flight arrive at E in the middle of the day. Seemed very eerie as we were one of the only flights using the concourse and the terminal was dead with all restaurants/shops closed up.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cmd320
More recently (in the last month and a half or so) they have reopened one of the E wings with some flights using it.
All Concourses except northern part of C are open. I've had multiple flights from/to E recently. (767 domestic flights with aircraft either arriving/departing to an international destination)
cmd320 and dcadwell like this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: Delta PM
More recently (in the last month and a half or so) they have reopened one of the E wings with some flights using it.
Good to know! Am sure it will be a ghost town tomorrow as the flight leaves at 8:15AM.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
All Concourses except northern part of C are open. I've had multiple flights from/to E recently. (767 domestic flights with aircraft either arriving/departing to an international destination)
Yep, mine is a 767 as well.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by blitzcon
Around Thanksgiving, the DTW Main A club was open. Staff were there to serve food and beverages, including coffee, and then hand to you. It was active but not crowded by any means. On Saturday 11/28 the B/C club was temporarily closed. During the next holiday, it might be a good idea to check at the A club before walking over to B/C.

The tram thing was shut down, with the escalators to it blocked off.
B/C was open Monday morning when i was there. Love that club generally. They had the same set up: no self serve anything. Coffee, water, food, etc all served and handed to you by staff. Even had the bar set up at 6:30 am. Bless their hearts!!!
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 6:31 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
There’s a rumor going around that DL will soon not allow Skyclub admittance on arrival (connecting obviously is fine) anyone have an idea of this is really true? Would be an awful decision on their part if so.
readywhenyouare likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
There’s a rumor going around that DL will soon not allow Skyclub admittance on arrival (connecting obviously is fine) anyone have an idea of this is really true? Would be an awful decision on their part if so.
I doubt this. It's not like many people use them this way currently.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
There are reasons many people use them on arrival like waiting for other colleagues/handling emails/etc. They need to stop calling them memberships and simply pre-flight access passes going forward if they keep degrading the offering without lowering price.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:23 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I doubt this. It's not like many people use them this way currently.
Apparently a (hopefully misinformed) Skyclub agent at DTW told a Diamond this goes into effect in January.

I for one frequently use the clubs on arrival for lots of reasons so this would be a big issue for me if this is true. Let’s hope it’s not.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
The #1 reason I’d use the SC on arrival is for a shower and to change clothes. Beyond that there are definitely a number of instances where it’s convenient to have a lounge upon arrival.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Apparently a (hopefully misinformed) Skyclub agent at DTW told a Diamond this goes into effect in January.

I for one frequently use the clubs on arrival for lots of reasons so this would be a big issue for me if this is true. Let’s hope it’s not.
DL announces changes like this at least a year in advance. Otherwise people complain about things changing after paying.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
The #1 reason I’d use the SC on arrival is for a shower and to change clothes. Beyond that there are definitely a number of instances where it’s convenient to have a lounge upon arrival.
I've never use any lounge upon arrival because I just want to get the heck out of the airport 😃 But, I definitely can see the shower and change of clothes scenario, especially if you're meeting up with people for business or otherwise. Good point.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe they haven't been enforcing the departure-only policy for Skyteam Elite Plus access on international travel and intend to start doing so.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So far, the AmEx Plat/Centurion card rules say access if you have a same day DL flight, although Centurion lounges themselves don't allow Plat card lounge use on arrival.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I used to use lounges on arrival occasionally, especially when waiting for business colleagues or when I arrive back home and traffic is a mess. I'd rather sit in the lounge for for a couple hours than stuck in traffic.
cmd320 and Ryno1234 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.