Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2020, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL PM
Currently in the MSP club and not too crowded. Would say that the food selection is probably a miss today. Small snick snacks and some salads but no little sandwiches like one of the other posts in the thread had.

edit:scratch that they did have some of the small sandwiches on request.

Last edited by Smithwicks70; Oct 2, 2020 at 12:53 pm
Old Oct 3, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Originally Posted by United747
I did not sneak it, the agent mentioned to have a look at the buffet and if I didn’t like what they had to go grab something and bring it back. She mentioned about it being because there’s no hot food yet at the MSP club. Not sure if this is a system-wide rule or what.
Lucky that the general airport area had food options, flew out of San Diego at the end of August, early Sunday evening, no sky club and no eating options unless you count a Starbucks stand and s small selection of sandwiches from those news stand shops. Of course little or no food onboard up front. Flying out of there again in a couple of weeks, really want to bring some food from outside the airport, airside, of course that is still not allowed, though I notice you can bring bread through security.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Lucky that the general airport area had food options, flew out of San Diego at the end of August, early Sunday evening, no sky club and no eating options unless you count a Starbucks stand and s small selection of sandwiches from those news stand shops. Of course little or no food onboard up front. Flying out of there again in a couple of weeks, really want to bring some food from outside the airport, airside, of course that is still not allowed, though I notice you can bring bread through security.
You cant bring food??? Is that specific to SAN? Ive flown multiple times with outside food in the past few months.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Wait, since when can you not bring your own food through security?
Old Oct 3, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by jiburi
Is there any discussion on permanently closing some of its temporarily closed skyclubs? Just as how DL has been unloading aircrafts, it must be expensive to keeping them, not generating revenue. (Might be lease dependent however).

Jiburi
There are definitely some marginal markets. JAX, IND, MEM, MKE, BNA, MSY, PBI come to mind.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
You cant bring food??? Is that specific to SAN? Ive flown multiple times with outside food in the past few months.
Haven't done it since post September 11th tbh, originally from Europe, are the same rules still in effect? From my understanding and a quick google certain foods can be brought and others can't. But good to know you can bring certain things, so might rustle myself up a baguette next time I'm traveling through.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haven't done it since post September 11th tbh, originally from Europe, are the same rules still in effect? From my understanding and a quick google certain foods can be brought and others can't. But good to know you can bring certain things, so might rustle myself up a baguette next time I'm traveling through.
I don’t believe that was ever a thing here. There are certain exceptions like liquids and gels, for example you can’t take a quart of yogurt with you or something like that. However a sandwich or a plate of food isn’t a problem.
OPENROAD likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
I don’t believe that was ever a thing here. There are certain exceptions like liquids and gels, for example you can’t take a quart of yogurt with you or something like that. However a sandwich or a plate of food isn’t a problem.
Yea nothing liquid or liquid like. I mean you can even take ice through as long as it's still frozen. You can take a 5 pound cheeseburger through but not a can of chicken noodle.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
There are definitely some marginal markets. JAX, IND, MEM, MKE, BNA, MSY, PBI come to mind.
Some of these are more marginal than others. MEM was once a hub and IND had a (seasonal daily IIRC) nonstop to CDG before COVID-19 hit. Also IIRC BNA was a focus city, while PBI *might* be high yield with lots of paid FC fares for those miracle flights. MSY had a lot of leisure and convention travel, preCOVID-19 of course.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 6:39 pm

Is social distance being enforced in the SkyClub bathrooms?
Old Oct 3, 2020, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Is social distance being enforced in the SkyClub bathrooms?
Absolutely not they do not have a bathroom guard. You can take your mask off when you enter or leave. The sky club team will tell you to put it on or raise if they see it but they 100% are not patrolling the restroom and rightfully so.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL DM
I have noticed that food often gets additional screening. Once I had some prepackaged solid food in my bag and they asked to manually inspect it and I've seen additional inspection of other passengers' snacks. Not sure why exactly *shrug*.

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
Absolutely not they do not have a bathroom guard. You can take your mask off when you enter or leave. The sky club team will tell you to put it on or raise if they see it but they 100% are not patrolling the restroom and rightfully so.
My sense is that many people take advantage of the "you can have your mask off when eating or drinking" policy and just always have a topped off drink!
Old Oct 3, 2020, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL PM
Yeah I can confirm, going thru SAN thru TSA precheck, I brought a Trader Joe’s wrap, no problem what so ever. Worked great on the flight to MSP.
OPENROAD and cmd320 like this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 1:01 am

I’m curious what activity you have planned for the SC bathroom that would require social distancing to not be enforced... 😂
Lol I just wanted to anticipate the crowding levels, since I want to splash/wash my face after a red-eye flight. Might be frowned upon; I miss the showers.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Lol I just wanted to anticipate the crowding levels, since I want to splash/wash my face after a red-eye flight. Might be frowned upon; I miss the showers.
Haha, makes sense. The showers being closed is definitely an issue. Hopefully those reopen soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.