Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Old Sep 22, 2020, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by KenTarmac
This is why I'm seriously considering canceling my DELTA Reserve card. There is zero benefit in Skyclub membership at this point. I'll give it another year and reconsider at that point.
Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve honestly never really understood the allure of the Reserve card. It’s not like it’s much cheaper than a standard Amex Platinum and it has far fewer benefits. The only thing I can see being useful is maybe the MQMs if you really need those.
ExArkie likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 8:39 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by cmd320
Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve honestly never really understood the allure of the Reserve card. It’s not like it’s much cheaper than a standard Amex Platinum and it has far fewer benefits. The only thing I can see being useful is maybe the MQMs if you really need those.
The companion cert is nice for those who can make use of it (and for those who can't, then yeah, probably not a useful card vs the AMEX Plat)
​​​​​​
cmd320 likes this.

Last edited by Zorak; Sep 23, 2020 at 1:07 am Reason: Noticed autocorrect damage
Old Sep 25, 2020, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
DTW Centerpoint was very pleasant and empty last Friday night. They do close at 8:30 PM now though I'm not sure how many late flights are back. All drinks are dispensed by a bartender and it's all bottom shelf stuff.
That's too bad, the self-serve meant you never had to wait (now people have to stand in line). It was one of the best reasons to connect through DTW plus you could take a can of V8 or club soda for the road (I know you're discouraged to do that, but it was helpful when you get to your hotel room late at night, for sure).
Old Sep 25, 2020, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
That's too bad, the self-serve meant you never had to wait (now people have to stand in line). It was one of the best reasons to connect through DTW plus you could take a can of V8 or club soda for the road (I know you're discouraged to do that, but it was helpful when you get to your hotel room late at night, for sure).
Agreed. Self serve was the best. Honestly, just put a bottle of hand sanitizer next to the bar and continue self-serve. If you want to sanitize your hands, great. If you don't that's your own choice.
SkyTeam777 and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL DM
Agreed. Self serve was the best. Honestly, just put a bottle of hand sanitizer next to the bar and continue self-serve. If you want to sanitize your hands, great. If you don't that's your own choice.
Better yet, why not put mini Woodfords out for self serve?! Delta must have a stockpile since they aren't on the planes, and no need to worry about everyone touching the same bottle!

... okay, maybe that might be a little too much temptation for some to grab-and-go for the hotel.
ExArkie and FlyDeltaMD88 like this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tardyturtle
Better yet, why not put mini Woodfords out for self serve?! Delta must have a stockpile since they aren't on the planes, and no need to worry about everyone touching the same bottle!

... okay, maybe that might be a little too much temptation for some to grab-and-go for the hotel.
LOL, yeah I have a feeling those wouldn’t last more than a few minutes. 😂
dtwlarry likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
JFK T4 Skyclub

How are the services lately at JFK T4 skyclub? We were at the SEA skyclub last month and found it spacious and the drinks were very good.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 4:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
How are the services lately at JFK T4 skyclub? We were at the SEA skyclub last month and found it spacious and the drinks were very good.
Hot food is back at JFK per the main SC/COVID thread:

Originally Posted by ekozie
Hot food is back (as of today, I was told), at the JFK club, despite both club and terminal being complete ghost towns. Italian sausage, chicken thighs, and pasta served by an attendant from the other side of the prep line.

[image snipped, see original post]
Old Sep 27, 2020, 5:21 pm

Here's a recent review as well of the JFK T4 Club

https://pointsmilesandmartinis.board...-jfk-sky-club/
Old Sep 27, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Is it wrong for people to expect the product and service that they paid for? It is well known by now that the virus does not spread easily via surfaces. There's no reason not to have the normal offerings available. Put a box of food service gloves at the beginning of the buffet and each person can put one on to handle the serving utensils and then dispose of it.
I have issues all over the place with current service, F at the moment is just a bigger seat why is it still priced at pre covid prices. If the price was half then I would not complain all I am getting is a bag lunch, but the service is not matching the current price. Y is a much better deal at the moment.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 8:30 am

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
A friend flying out of FLL on Wednesday was told by a phone rep that the FLL Sky Club is open?? Can anyone confirm this?

It's my understanding that the FLL club won't open until sometime next year. Thanks!!
Old Sep 28, 2020, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLDMFLL
A friend flying out of FLL on Wednesday was told by a phone rep that the FLL Sky Club is open?? Can anyone confirm this?

It's my understanding that the FLL club won't open until sometime next year. Thanks!!
DL has been pretty good about updating their website as clubs have come back online. I don't see anything to indicate the FLL SC is open. I'd take information from a phone rep with a massive grain of salt.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
DL has been pretty good about updating their website as clubs have come back online. I don't see anything to indicate the FLL SC is open. I'd take information from a phone rep with a massive grain of salt.
LOL--my sentiment as well! I didn't give my friend much hope.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I was in FLL a couple months ago... the DL terminal was under a lot of construction and the skyclub had signs about being closed and could see they had work to do also. I'd be shocked if that is completed yet.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Great range of food at DTW tonight. Individually packed sandwiches, salads, crudites, cookies, cheese and pepperoni. Frequently being restocked by the hardworking staff.

Tastier than the hot meatballs and pasta they used to have. (And probably costs Delta more.)
DCFlyer0306 and AeRoSpaceman like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.