Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2020, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Slim pickings.....

Old Sep 22, 2020, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Interesting. Seems as though things are going downhill.
readywhenyouare and KenTarmac like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Which location was that?
KenTarmac likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Slim pickings.....

Looks tastier than what they were serving at Admirals Club and United Clubs pre-pandemic. Did someone refill the trays after you took this photo? What was to the left and right of this photo?
Old Sep 22, 2020, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Looks tastier than what they were serving at Admirals Club and United Clubs pre-pandemic. Did someone refill the trays after you took this photo? What was to the left and right of this photo?
There’s a bit of a difference with AA and UA as both have lounges above their standard clubs (Flagship lounge and FFD for AA and Polaris lounge for UA). That’s why Admirals Clubs and United Clubs had generally a worse offering that SkyClubs. The premium customers were in the FL/PL anyway. DL has had the weakest lounge product for J customers for a long time.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 6:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That's what I was wondering, or alternatively does the person want more than two sandwiches and a bunch of other assorted food?
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That's what I was wondering, or alternatively does the person want more than two sandwiches and a bunch of other assorted food?
Whatever they are serving, someone on Flyertalk will always want more...
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Whatever they are serving, someone on Flyertalk will always want more...
Is it wrong for people to expect the product and service that they paid for? It is well known by now that the virus does not spread easily via surfaces. There's no reason not to have the normal offerings available. Put a box of food service gloves at the beginning of the buffet and each person can put one on to handle the serving utensils and then dispose of it.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Is it wrong for people to expect the product and service that they paid for? It is well known by now that the virus does not spread easily via surfaces. There's no reason not to have the normal offerings available. Put a box of food service gloves at the beginning of the buffet and each person can put one on to handle the serving utensils and then dispose of it.
Agreed, I think most rational people realize this is just cost-cutting at this point. I honestly care less about the lounges and more about the crap inflight ‘premium’ products on offer now. The main thing I want back at lounges are showers so I can shower off the airport/airplane riff-raff between flights. Give me a shower and a full bar and you can keep your dry tasteless pre-wrapped sandwiches.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:48 pm

Yes, my opinion is that the expectations of normal service are wrong. But the tomato and mozzarella sandwiches look a lot better to me than a giant tray of self-serve bland couscous or lettuce leaves. I think I'm pretty rational, and indeed am well-versed in the literature, and am glad there isn't a buffet where people are hovering and scooping themselves food and engaging in all sorts of other gross behavior.

I do not trust Skyclub passengers to do otherwise.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Devil's advocate... correct that surface contact spread is not the primary mode of contamination, however airborne particles are the primary method. Tastier food and bev offerings means more people remove their masks for longer and thus there is higher chance of spread.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I think because some people wouldn't use the plastic gloves, like they don't use a mask.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by rylan
Devil's advocate... correct that surface contact spread is not the primary mode of contamination, however airborne particles are the primary method. Tastier food and bev offerings means more people remove their masks for longer and thus there is higher chance of spread.
According to DLs COVID safety logic, it’s completely safe to serve a multi-tray hot meal with full beverage offerings in INTL D1, but in domestic F and D1 it’s only safe to have a high carb, processed snack box with only a small bottle water and beer and wine. So I guess COVID only spreads on domestic flights.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
According to DLs COVID safety logic, it’s completely safe to serve a multi-tray hot meal with full beverage offerings in INTL D1, but in domestic F and D1 it’s only safe to have a high carb, processed snack box with only a small bottle water and beer and wine. So I guess COVID only spreads on domestic flights.
And apparently only on US domestic flights. Airlines like LH still provide meals on their domestic EU flights.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 8:14 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
This is why I'm seriously considering canceling my DELTA Reserve card. There is zero benefit in Skyclub membership at this point. I'll give it another year and reconsider at that point.
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.