Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Old Mar 28, 2020, 5:08 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I hope the agents are being reassigned somewhere else. The SkyClub agents generally I find to be some of the most top-shelf Delta employees, especially in IRROPS situations. They are the most creative and helpful thinkers in the operation outside of Redcoats in my experience.

That said, I wonder why they feel the need to operate any of these Skyclubs at all - perhaps to blunt the worst blow of people feeling like they’re entitled to a refund? The airports are so empty now you probably can find ways to have an entire gate to yourself.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
The active departure gates at ATL were not empty and physical distancing was not observed by all like the passenger who propped up feet on seats near the GA and was not challenged. I found the SC a very meaningful stop for distance, bathrooms, and food.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 8:00 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by rylan
So I wonder if DL is going to be extending Skyclub memberships for those who have paid for them and are unable to use them due to the closures and flight cancellations?
I am wondering that too. After a couple of years without membership and with some SkyMiles to burn, I rejoined on March 4. Not much foresight on my part.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 6:55 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
At the ATL B18 Skyclub this morning there are about a dozen people here. I've never seen it so empty. There were only 9 on my flight in from JAN.

Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:00 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
This is the "Limited Food Selection". They do have scrambled eggs - placed in individual cups and plastic wrapped. Everything is plastic wrapped or individually bagged.

krazykanuck likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
With how empty the clubs and planes are, I'd feel safer there compared to going to my local grocery store.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
With how empty the clubs and planes are, I'd feel safer there compared to going to my local grocery store.
+1

Just got back from mine, absolute zoo. Crawling with old people wearing masks and tourists. Is it bad that I hold my breath as I walk by them?
Old Mar 29, 2020, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm healthy and I'd wear a mask when going to the airport.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 4:31 pm

I assume DCA is being kept open more for the politicians, than any other reason.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I'm healthy and I'd wear a mask when going to the airport.
My understanding is that they're primarily recommended if you're already coughing or sneezing to keep your own germs contained as opposed to a defense against other peoples' germs. I probably wouldn't wear one in the airport any more than I would wear one in the grocery store, unless of course I was in NY or something. Honestly I would be more worried about someone seated next to me on the plane coughing or sneezing than in the airport at this point.
KenTarmac likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 5:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by cmd320
+1

Just got back from mine, absolute zoo. Crawling with old people wearing masks and tourists. Is it bad that I hold my breath as I walk by them?
The old people are probably being as careful as possible to avoid close contact with others. I’d be holding my breath around you and the tourists.
Yellowjj and WillBarrett_68 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by cmd320
+1

I've also noticed the same thing. I've been to multiple Publix's in the Orlando area within the past week and they have all been zoos with no social distancing at the registers and no protection for the employees. I've been trying to go to my local Sam's Club instead where the employees actually enforce social distancing and there is plenty of room in the store for everyone.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:19 pm

Definitely wear gloves to the grocery store and wipe down your purchases with alcohol wipes when you get home before opening any packages. Wash your vegetables (Which is something that should be done regardless of the current enviroment).
Old Mar 29, 2020, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by flyinhwn
Regular suite of alcohol was available at the B and F SCs at ATL on 3/25.
For medicinal purposes only...
KenTarmac and cmd320 like this.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:10 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I've also noticed the same thing. I've been to multiple Publix's in the Orlando area within the past week and they have all been zoos with no social distancing at the registers and no protection for the employees. I've been trying to go to my local Sam's Club instead where the employees actually enforce social distancing and there is plenty of room in the store for everyone.
That sucks. Wegmans in DC area have been very serious about distancing...tape on floor to show where you stand etc. Also the cashiers wipe down the conveyer and scanner after every transaction.

What you say particularly sucks for Publix employees. Ugh.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.