Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2020, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
First time I’ve been through the ‘new’ DL terminal at LAX and wow, I didn’t think it could get worse than LGA but somehow they’ve found a way. Positively third world experience.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I am flying on Labor Day. Does anyone know if DL closes clubs on holidays like that? I would assume it would be a fairly "busy" travel day, all things considered.
In normal years, DL keeps at least one SC open in every hub every day of the year, although they might close early especially if there are no more international departure or departures to prime business airports later in the evening.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
Similar report at MSP. Today and last couple of weeks it has seemed to be at usual volumes (albeit with the C concourse SkyClub closed). Flight loads seem to anecdotally be up too.
Do you know whether the Escape (AmEx) or PGA (PP) lounges at MSP are open? They're good alternatives when the SCs are crowded or noisy and both are closer to the DL C gates than the F/G SC.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 9:57 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you know whether the Escape (AmEx) or PGA (PP) lounges at MSP are open? They're good alternatives when the SCs are crowded or noisy and both are closer to the DL C gates than the F/G SC.
Escape is closed. PGA looks like it might be open? I saw staff inside anyway (I didn't go upstairs)
Old Sep 5, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Most of the prepackaged stuff is pretty blah, in a "I'm eating this because I need the calories" way, but IMO these are actually decent.

Old Sep 8, 2020, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Has there been any official announcement about extending paid memberships? I'm finally getting my butt back in the air and it'd be nice to somehow get back the last 6 months of non-usage.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by photojojo
Has there been any official announcement about extending paid memberships? I'm finally getting my butt back in the air and it'd be nice to somehow get back the last 6 months of non-usage.
IIRC this was announced quite a while ago along with the other extensions for things like certificates etc.

FT thread: DL to Extend Status to Feb-2022 due to COVID 19 (Consolidated Thread) (but also discussion of other things besides status, see also the thread wiki)

DL page: https://www.delta.com/us/en/travel-u...miles-benefits

"Delta Sky Club Individual and Executive Memberships with an expiration of March 1, 2020, or later received six additional months of Club access beyond their expiration date."
photojojo and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
AH! I only went through this thread as I simply assumed that was for status. Thanks Zorak!
Old Sep 8, 2020, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Delta SkyClub JFK T4 September 2020 Food & Service

Key points

- all pre packaged food ( no hot options )
- no shower access
- bar is open
- SkyDeck is open

ND76 and flyertalker28120 like this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 4:34 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Back at the CVG skyclub. the ice cream cart is no longer out. At least as of 6:35 am EDT today. Not sure if they bring it out in the afternoon.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:59 pm

Programs: AMEX DL Reserve ✈ DL Diamond Medallion ✈ Marriott ✈ NWA
I'll be in ATL for a 3 hour layover. Which SkyClub is better for food selection. I usually go to F when I have long layovers. What is the better one now.

Can anyone advise what MSP F/G has for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner? I'll be arriving MSP around 1600 (Poss Lunch/Dinner Hour)
and when I leave it'll be a 0630 flight (Breakfast Hour)

I have a connection in DTW. What does DTW have to offer for Lunch and which location the SkyClub is located.
I'll be there in a few weeks.
I haven't flown since January. Just before this COVID started. I'm sure there's a lot of changes since January 2020.

Last edited by NWA777; Sep 10, 2020 at 7:25 pm
Old Sep 10, 2020, 8:23 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Hi Folks, Similar to the other threads, this is not to debate COVID, traveling during COVID, what AA is doing in their clubs, etc. Please take those types of debates to OMNI or the coronavirus forums.

Should the debate continue, we will issue a 48 hour time out on this thread.

Ryandc99
Moderator Delta Air Lines
Old Sep 10, 2020, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Hi Folks, Similar to the other threads, this is not to debate COVID, traveling during COVID, what AA is doing in their clubs, etc. Please take those types of debates to OMNI or the coronavirus forums.

Should the debate continue, we will issue a 48 hour time out on this thread.

Ryandc99
Moderator Delta Air Lines
I think it is pretty fair to compare what AA is doing during Covid lounge-wise with what DL is doing in this thread, which is slightly different...appreciated during this strange time, but different
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 6:13 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I think it is pretty fair to compare what AA is doing during Covid lounge-wise with what DL is doing in this thread, which is slightly different...appreciated during this strange time, but different
Fair enough, comparing to AA Is fine.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by NWA777
Can anyone advise what MSP F/G has for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner? I'll be arriving MSP around 1600 (Poss Lunch/Dinner Hour)
and when I leave it'll be a 0630 flight (Breakfast Hour)
ATL, MSP, DTW—seems you are doing the tour de hubs! Why not add on SLC !?

I can only speak to MSP F/G in the late afternoon and evening time. Self-serve soda, coffee and espresso. Full service bar. Beers on tap are Michelob Ultra, a mango blonde beer, and I believe an IPA. All pre-packaged foods. The items I seem to remember from recent trips (which hasn’t seemed to change much) include:
  • Two sandwich varieties (don’t recall what kind but I didn’t really care much for either)
  • Kale Caesar Salad
  • Chickpeas
  • Ramen (pro tip: only peel back the top enough to get water in and don’t leave the fork in the hot water—it will melt!)
  • Hummus and Ritz crackers
  • Snacks same as on board offerings (Cheeze-its, Granola bar, Biscoff)
  • Bananas (and maybe another fruit?)
  • Cookies

I’m usually able to make a light meal out of it but if you are looking for something more substantial, Stone Arch restaurant just outside the F/G club has been a favorite of mine ever since it opened. I’m not sure if their menu remains pared down as it was this spring, but their breakfast, lunch and dinner menus have always been excellent.

The MSP F/G club has been surprisingly full in recent weeks—not sure if that will die down now that we are past Labor Day. I’d estimate the club being about 80% as full as pre-COVID as of recent (though they are down to only one club at MSP right now).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.