Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
Sorry to report that the LAX self serve bar is now gone. It’s roped off in an ad hoc fashion like the DTW club now. Soda is also “behind the rope”. Coffee remains self pour.
Interesting. Wonder if they received negative feedback that caused them to change it up.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Sorry to report that the LAX self serve bar is now gone. It’s roped off in an ad hoc fashion like the DTW club now. Soda is also “behind the rope”. Coffee remains self pour.
So, no beer, nothing?
Old Aug 20, 2020, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
So, no beer, nothing?
I wonder if it's not a situation like DTW where they're staffing it and having someone serve you?
Old Aug 20, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by dcadwell
I wonder if it's not a situation like DTW where they're staffing it and having someone serve you?
I hope so, I have an almost 7 hour layover ☹️
Old Aug 20, 2020, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by dcadwell
Yes, that is correct. It is an ad hoc staffed bar (more like a table) now like DTW. Sorry for not being clearer on that point.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
At the BNA lounge. The dragon was as nice as can be and seemed relieved to meet anyone. She talked about how excited they were that they re-opened.

The set-up is like the others. Mostly packed stuff. The bar was open (too early for me).

10am on a weekday. I’m the only passenger here...
Thanks for posting this, was wondering what the deal was at BNA for my flight this weekend.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 9:34 am

Yes, that is correct. It is an ad hoc staffed bar (more like a table) now like DTW. Sorry for not being clearer on that point.
That's what I figured, but thanks for confirming.

I assume the same will be true in ORD when that club reopens.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
JFK T4 SKyClub this morning

At the JFK T4 SkyClub earlier today

Still quite sparsely filled but better than May/June

“Breakfast power salad” and hard-boiled eggs

Oatmeal and cereal (Raisin Bran, Cheerios)

Peach parfait and choice of yogurts (strawberry, peach)
Old Aug 21, 2020, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
Haven't seen anything to indicate RDU is reopening.
Originally Posted by ekozie
Any updates on RDU? I've pushed a business trip to NY back several times due to the quarantine for inbound pax, but just realized that I'm considered an essential worker and can go up in 10 days.
It's been a long time coming, but the RDU Airport Authority reports in their email newsletter that the RDU SkyClub plans to reopen September 3.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 8:53 am

Programs: DL DM
Any recent experience with MSP? Per the wiki the F/G Club is open and I will have a 3.5 hour connection there on Monday afternoon/evening. (Scrolled through the thread and didn't see any reviews within the last month or so.

Would have to purchase a single entry with my DL Plat Amex card (don't mind doing so as I normally do, but want to make sure it's justified during the reduction of service). Would enjoy some quiet space to work on emails for about an hour before having a few drinks before a long 6 hour flight.

Also, will be originating in MIA. I see it has opened too, but would rather save the Club visit for the connection unless MIA is drastically reported to have more offerings than MSP currently.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I wonder why LAX has gotten rid of self-pour wine at the bar, but DEN has not. Or has DEN changed recently, too?
Old Aug 22, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I wonder why LAX has gotten rid of self-pour wine at the bar, but DEN has not. Or has DEN changed recently, too?
Liquor and health laws vary in different cities/counties/states.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Any recent experience with MSP? Per the wiki the F/G Club is open and I will have a 3.5 hour connection there on Monday afternoon/evening. (Scrolled through the thread and didn't see any reviews within the last month or so.

Would have to purchase a single entry with my DL Plat Amex card (don't mind doing so as I normally do, but want to make sure it's justified during the reduction of service). Would enjoy some quiet space to work on emails for about an hour before having a few drinks before a long 6 hour flight.

Also, will be originating in MIA. I see it has opened too, but would rather save the Club visit for the connection unless MIA is drastically reported to have more offerings than MSP currently.
Was there this past Tuesday. Bar was open (single bartender).

Packaged and cold foods - nothing hot (the ops guy told me that it was a local restriction re: serving hot food).

Small sandwiches, salads, etc. Hopefully my pics work.

Tip: sandwiches are kinda dry. Condiments on the counter next to sammies.

Last edited by TommyD2; Aug 22, 2020 at 1:10 pm Reason: Add tip
Old Aug 22, 2020, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TommyD2
Was there this past Tuesday. Bar was open (single bartender).

Packaged and cold foods - nothing hot (the ops guy told me that it was a local restriction re: serving hot food).

Small sandwiches, salads, etc. Hopefully my pics work.

Tip: sandwiches are kinda dry. Condiments on the counter next to sammies.
I would be curious to understand why the local government believe serving cold food is safer than serving hot food.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by cmd320
I would be curious to understand why the local government believe serving cold food is safer than serving hot food.
Yeah, no clue there. Maybe can't figure out how to do pre-packaged/individual-serving hot stuff?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.