Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Xeno
Critical personal business confounded by deadlines with significant financial impact. I do not want to drive and will follow COVID-19 rules for my DL seat and car rental, but will stay with family not a hotel at my final destination.
My office has stopped routine travel, but some of us are also having to travel due to the death of a prominent person in our organization.
Stay safe.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 1:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Updated per the comments above, and also added MEM to the closed list.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
In line with this thread and the one about extending status, I wonder whether purchased SkyClub membership will be extended. I used to use the MSP clubs fairly often on days when I was doing travelers assistance volunteer work at the airport, but haven’t had SC membership since Delta started requiring a flight for entry; PM status gave me entry on international trips anyway. However, on March 4, with several hours in BOS, a good number of SkyMiles in my account, and anticipating several domestic flights this year, I used 54K SM to rejoin. A shortsighted decision, as it has turned out. So now I wonder if I will be able to extend my membership year when I start flying again.

This is pretty low on my list of current concerns!
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:34 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I just added a wikipost, please feel free to update accordingly based on the latest data available.

Ryandc99, Moderator Delta Air Lines
Old Mar 22, 2020, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Hoping that DL finds a basis for keep club staff on the payroll (for as long as possible).

Also hoping that the smaller clubs (e.g., PHL) are actually reopened when this is past us.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
In line with this thread and the one about extending status, I wonder whether purchased SkyClub membership will be extended. I used to use the MSP clubs fairly often on days when I was doing travelers assistance volunteer work at the airport, but haven’t had SC membership since Delta started requiring a flight for entry; PM status gave me entry on international trips anyway. However, on March 4, with several hours in BOS, a good number of SkyMiles in my account, and anticipating several domestic flights this year, I used 54K SM to rejoin. A shortsighted decision, as it has turned out. So now I wonder if I will be able to extend my membership year when I start flying again.

This is pretty low on my list of current concerns!
Wondering about that as well.
DCAproducer likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I hope that PBI reopens when all of this is over. I worry that we will see a massive cut to these operations.

Anyone think Delta may have to merge with another carrier when this is over to survive? Maybe AS or JB?
Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfabar1
I hope that PBI reopens when all of this is over. I worry that we will see a massive cut to these operations.

Anyone think Delta may have to merge with another carrier when this is over to survive? Maybe AS or JB?
Too much route overlap. Way more likely B6 and AS get together (maybe with HA and SY thrown in). Some combination of ULCC's -- NK, F9, and G4 also would also seem a possibility.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 10:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for making this a wiki.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is PBI closed? That location is on the list of open skyclubs in this wiki.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
AUS is issuing a shelter in place order as of tonight until 4-20-20. Not sure how much longer that SC will remain open.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:22 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Hopefully the workers can be reassigned!
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Hopefully the workers can be reassigned!
reassigned to where? the other parts of the airport that are presently overstaffed?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 4:10 am

Programs: DM Delta; VS Gold; HA Platinum; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by apodo77
AUS is issuing a shelter in place order as of tonight until 4-20-20. Not sure how much longer that SC will remain open.
The AUS SC was closed during its normally operating hours this morning. Here’s the sign.
apodo77 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:24 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
RDU closed as of 3/24.

Also AA is closing ALL their clubs except for a few where they'll have an agent on hand just to help with reservations but where you won't be allowed to sit or use the bathroom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.