Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2020, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mridley2
I will be travelling next week LGA-ATL-XXX to visit family for a long planned celebration for my elderly father. I am on the 6:35p flight out of LGA. I need to get some work done in the afternoon but would enjoy a few hours at the sky club before my flight. I know only the main club in Term C is open... my least favorite club in the system (i.e. that jerk bald bartender).

Will I be able to get my AMEX $39's worth at the club? A few cocktails and a plastic wrap sandwich is okay by me. Any insight into the current offerings and experience is much appreciated!!

Thank you

mridley2
Depending on how long you have in ATL I’d say it might be worth it, especially if you can go out to F. I certainly wouldn’t spend the money to use it at your departure airport of LGA personally.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 6:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cmd320
Depending on how long you have in ATL I’d say it might be worth it, especially if you can go out to F. I certainly wouldn’t spend the money to use it at your departure airport of LGA personally.
I thought the person was asking about the SC at LGA, not ATL here.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I thought the person was asking about the SC at LGA, not ATL here.
yes. Thx MSP. Sorry it was not clear. I’m looking for advice or recent experiences at the LGA club. My ATL layover is 90 minutes so def not worth $39.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
yes. Thx MSP. Sorry it was not clear. I’m looking for advice or recent experiences at the LGA club. My ATL layover is 90 minutes so def not worth $39.
Ahh, makes sense. I haven’t been to NY recently. I know AA is reopening their LGA Admirals Club and have clearly noted that due to local restrictions only pre-packaged sandwiches and bottled water will be offered. If it’s true that this is a local restriction, I would expect DL is also only able to serve bottled water and not alcohol. It may be worth asking the front desk agent at check in what they have on offer before you decide to spend the $39.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by planes&trains
Thank you. I do have PP and will try The Club if SC closes at 9pm. I was hoping that if DL is selling D1 tickets from their hub, they would have a nice lounge open until the flight departs. But I will take this option.
Did you get your PP by paying for it, it because of having some credit card or other? I have Hilton Aspire which provides PP but no lounge benefits by itself, but some Amex cards carry their own lounge benefits. Check what your situation is and what you are entitled to, maybe it's more than you realize.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 2:00 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
ATL / A-17 (Sunday)

currently in the ATL / A-17 SkyClub. I just did a circuit, and counted 80 people, which I think is pretty good. There were ZERO people in line at both TSA PreCheck and CLEAR when I cleared 20 minutes ago, so its kind of odd to see the club with an actual semblance of activity.

my big take-away is they finally added back the huge metal cylinders of drip coffee for easy pouring. previously, there was just the Starbucks machine that dispensed one cup at a time (with all the pokey selecting and whirring that that entails). in the mornings I would see 6-8 people queueing for the machine waiting to get their cup. great if you want a latte or something fancy, but kind of a pain if you just want a normal cup of coffee. Glad to have this back. There is pour-your-own water and iced tea as well.

Also, there are no MD-88s visible out the window anymore, which saddens me.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
I will be travelling next week LGA-ATL-XXX to visit family for a long planned celebration for my elderly father. I am on the 6:35p flight out of LGA. I need to get some work done in the afternoon but would enjoy a few hours at the sky club before my flight. I know only the main club in Term C is open... my least favorite club in the system (i.e. that jerk bald bartender).

Will I be able to get my AMEX $39's worth at the club? A few cocktails and a plastic wrap sandwich is okay by me. Any insight into the current offerings and experience is much appreciated!!

Thank you

mridley2
Was just at the LGA club today - they had a full bar service (had a few G&T's ), and plastic wrapped sandwiches/wraps/sandwiches plus the usual assortment of packaged snacks, as well as carrots/hummus

Also, if anyone else is curious, was at the BOS club, had packaged snacks and sandwiches (the individual bruschetta was actually kinda good!), but no bar service. Had a selection of canned soda/bottled water/milk cartons. A sign said they hoped to have more offerings in the coming weeks.
cmd320 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 3:30 pm

A bit OT. but does anyone know if DL continued with it's plans to install showers at BOS?
Old Jun 7, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Oh I thought they were allowed to serve alcohol in BOS. Maybe since we're starting phase 2 it'll be allowed soon. unless it has to be the 'phase 2b' when it when restaurants can open indoors... possible towards end of the month.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
A bit OT. but does anyone know if DL continued with it's plans to install showers at BOS?
Showers, bathrooms and the infrastructure for them were installed already and were about to open when the shutdowns hit. Not sure when they will now, but I'm sure not until well after intl flights return to terminal A.
Yellowjj likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by rylan
Oh I thought they were allowed to serve alcohol in BOS. Maybe since we're starting phase 2 it'll be allowed soon. unless it has to be the 'phase 2b' when it when restaurants can open indoors... possible towards end of the month.
Not sure either...maybe our phase 2b is the answer. That was back almost 2 weeks ago when I was there - maybe it's changed since?
Old Jun 9, 2020, 7:43 am

Programs: DL Dia, KM, 2MM, Hilton Dia, Natl Emer Exec. Avis Pres.
Originally Posted by cmd320
Ahh, makes sense. I haven’t been to NY recently. I know AA is reopening their LGA Admirals Club and have clearly noted that due to local restrictions only pre-packaged sandwiches and bottled water will be offered. If it’s true that this is a local restriction, I would expect DL is also only able to serve bottled water and not alcohol. It may be worth asking the front desk agent at check in what they have on offer before you decide to spend the $39.
LGA Skyclub C serves booze.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 11:30 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I did IAD-ATL-SMF on Friday 6/5 and SMF-LAX-DTW-IAD on Monday 6/8. I had 3+ hours of layovers at both ATL and LAX.

I was in the ATL F and D27 clubs. There were probably 30-40 pax in the F club at about 3 pm, and 15-20 pax in the D27 club at about 4 pm.

The big change at the F club is that Delta has built a roof over most of the deck, and has motorized shades. It was intermittently raining at the time I was there, so most of the shades were in the down position. There is a separate amber-colored covering over a 10 seat bar/counter (five seats on each side), with one of the seats directly under a faucet-type stream of rainwater due to a flaw in how the drainage was configured. They had Michelob Ultra on draft and limited wine and liquor selections in both F and D27.

I was at the LAX T2 club between 8:30 and 11:30 yesterday morning. I'm not sure they had more than 15 pax in there at any time I was there. They had three different microbrews on tap (including a "Delta Keep Climbing IPA") and the same liquor selection as in ATL. Beer, wine and liquor were self-serve. If you like whole wheat Cheez-its or Biscoffs, you'll love the LAX T2 club.

I arrived at DTW around 7:40 pm last night. Sadly, the main SkyClub near A40 is only open between 6 am and 7:30 pm. Of course, I ran into a MX that caused a two hour delay in the DTW-IAD segment (we didn't leave DTW until 11 pm).
Old Jun 9, 2020, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by ND76
I did IAD-ATL-SMF on Friday 6/5 and SMF-LAX-DTW-IAD on Monday 6/8. I had 3+ hours of layovers at both ATL and LAX.

I was in the ATL F and D27 clubs. There were probably 30-40 pax in the F club at about 3 pm, and 15-20 pax in the D27 club at about 4 pm.

The big change at the F club is that Delta has built a roof over most of the deck, and has motorized shades. It was intermittently raining at the time I was there, so most of the shades were in the down position. There is a separate amber-colored covering over a 10 seat bar/counter (five seats on each side), with one of the seats directly under a faucet-type stream of rainwater due to a flaw in how the drainage was configured. They had Michelob Ultra on draft and limited wine and liquor selections in both F and D27.

I was at the LAX T2 club between 8:30 and 11:30 yesterday morning. I'm not sure they had more than 15 pax in there at any time I was there. They had three different microbrews on tap (including a "Delta Keep Climbing IPA") and the same liquor selection as in ATL. Beer, wine and liquor were self-serve. If you like whole wheat Cheez-its or Biscoffs, you'll love the LAX T2 club.

I arrived at DTW around 7:40 pm last night. Sadly, the main SkyClub near A40 is only open between 6 am and 7:30 pm. Of course, I ran into a MX that caused a two hour delay in the DTW-IAD segment (we didn't leave DTW until 11 pm).
LAX T2 has sandwiches, yogurt boiled eggs and a bunch of other stuff now. And use, booze 😃
Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
JFK T4 SKyClub

This past weekend (afternoon) at the JFK T4 SkyClub:

T4 concourse on way to SkyClub

Food area...

Had the SkyDeck all to myself

Though it was eerily quiet given the significantly reduced amount of air traffic

My lunch! The red pepper hummus dip and marinated artichokes were actually quite good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.