Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2021, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I left wondering, do you just lie, or are you just repeating management’s lies? You can’t make this stuff up…
what difference does it make? You realize that the person you're talking to isn't the person that makes the decision, right? They really can't give you any other explanation other than what they've been told.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Yeah it's pretty nonsense that Delta can't be bothered to pay the staff reopen the showers. Nothing to do with Covid.
krazykanuck, cmd320 and dmarge18 like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Yeah it's pretty nonsense that Delta can't be bothered to pay the staff reopen the showers. Nothing to do with Covid.
I always try and take a shower post a long international flight but it seems like I will have to wait until I get home...
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:15 pm

Also, if Delta is going to use JFK T2, it also needs to open the SkyClub...
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:36 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Is it not? It's listed as open in the wiki, on the DL SC page as open 5a-9p, and there were posts from July about it re-opening and people reporting on being there. Did it close again?
bonoman likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Did it close again? I was in there in the past couple months.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by bonoman
Did it close again? I was in there in the past couple months.
It's closed today. No reason given.

But also I haven't been to JFK in like two years
Old Dec 28, 2021, 9:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
It's closed today. No reason given.

But also I haven't been to JFK in like two years
Maybe staffing? The SC at JFK T2 was definitely open last week right before Christmas when I dropped by.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
T2 has been reopened for months. My guess is staffing issues as well.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 3:38 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
what difference does it make? You realize that the person you're talking to isn't the person that makes the decision, right? They really can't give you any other explanation other than what they've been told.
In my opinion, it’s not right to lie, even if you have been ordered/instructed to do so. A vague or noncommittal answer would have better than a blatant lie. This isn’t exactly national security here

Lying seems to becoming more commonplace, which I don’t think is good for our society. I guess I was raised in another time
cmd320, dmarge18, becks1 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
For the "general discussion" part of the thread: I wanted to note how incredibly friendly and helpful the contract F&B staff (they have the black shirts) are at the ORD SkyClub. They are doing a fantastic job in a relatively small and older space. They are proactive, know their weekly regulars (I'm not one but I'm there 8-12 times a year) and regularly go around and check on everyone.
AeRoSpaceman and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 8:28 am

Programs: DL PM
Question on the guest pass vouchers(edit to fix spelling)... I recently upgraded to the Delta AMEX Reserve card and got 2 guest passes to the SC, used them both on a a couple weeks ago but when I check my vouchers the app and website both show I have 1 voucher available. Is it possible they forgot to redeem a voucher and it's actually still available? Or could it be a case of it takes a while to update and remove the voucher? I guess I'm just wondering how long it takes to remove the vouchers and if I can plan on using the one that's still in my wallet.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 12:17 pm

Heading to ATL tomorrow and have a long layover in the morning of 3 hours. Have AMEX PLAT... which skyclub should I should go to? B or F? I'd love to go to F for the deck but it looks like it will be raining.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by BRPORSCHE
Heading to ATL tomorrow and have a long layover in the morning of 3 hours. Have AMEX PLAT... which skyclub should I should go to? B or F? I'd love to go to F for the deck but it looks like it will be raining.
IMO anything but B given how much of a zoo that lounge has been when I have been through in recent times
Old Jan 9, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by VacationMode
Question on the guest pass vouchers(edit to fix spelling)... I recently upgraded to the Delta AMEX Reserve card and got 2 guest passes to the SC, used them both on a a couple weeks ago but when I check my vouchers the app and website both show I have 1 voucher available. Is it possible they forgot to redeem a voucher and it's actually still available? Or could it be a case of it takes a while to update and remove the voucher? I guess I'm just wondering how long it takes to remove the vouchers and if I can plan on using the one that's still in my wallet.
It's entirely possible they forgot to redeem it - definitely happened to me last year, got my GF into the skyclub probably 4 to 5 times with the 2 guest passes haha (I then made her an AU on my reserve after that haha)
VacationMode likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.