Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by puck021
Yesterday the Apple Crisp was on a cart next to a cart of brownies. The crisp was actually really good.
Yeah the dessert offering at the DTW SkyClub is strong. For me, I appreciated the gluten-free rice krispy treats at SEA.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dcadwell
I routinely avoid that club as the past few times I stopped by it's been basically at capacity.
Yeah, E is my least favorite, too. Way too small for the demand.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL

Cheese omelet, pork sausage, homestyle potatoes, and a cranberry mimosa. SFO
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
DCA, ATL Terminal E, MIA

I visited 3 clubs on the same day last week and had 3 completely different experiences. DCA was great, ATL Terminal E was exceptional, MIA was horrendous.

1) DCA - Was there for breakfast -- it was really good and feels more premium with the real plates and bowls. They had three hot options: vegetable frittata with tomatoes and leeks; mixed roasted potatoes (purple, white, sweet); and oatmeal. Plus cold side dishes of fruit and individual blueberry yogurt parfaits with pumpkin seeds. It was great and relatively healthy. Club was only 30% full and is well designed with lots of different types of seating areas.

2) ATL Terminal E - had a terrific experience. Club was only 20% full and food was the best I've seen by far in ATL in 2021. They had pulled pork (which was really good), green beans, and mac & cheese. Plus two soups, a charcuterie board, various salads, and cookies & 2 types of fresh cupcakes. Really great food spread and comfortable club.

3) MIA - complete disaster. The club was overflowing with people - I could barely find a seat. It's a cramped club with seats on top of each other, very few tables, and a very mediocre food layout (crackers, carrots, etc). I stayed for 5 minutes and left - it was really unpleasant.
silverthief2 and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doesn't sound like the MIA club. I'm in it right now. Food selections are definitely more substantial than what you describe. They have a various salads, a couple of soups (chicken tortilla and cream of carrot), Paella, Penne Pasta in Vodka sauce, wrap sandwiches, and a number of other options. Club is busy right now, but there is still plenty of seats open.
esledo likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
Doesn't sound like the MIA club.
I might have caught it at a bad time (if so, glad to hear it for the future), but I was definitely in the Delta SkyClub in Miami and it was as I described. They may have scaled back the food given how completely over-run the Club was. Even the bathrooms were closed. Miami Airport seems to really struggle with crowds on the weekends, so weekdays may be better.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 8:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Has anyone seen Christmas Eve/Christmas Day club hours?

Thanksgiving hours weren't taken off dl.dumb until last week, so I imagine Christmas hours will show up a couple days after New Years.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 3:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
JFK T4’s spread was impressive last night. It matched and probably exceeded the Centurion lounge’s offerings.

Roasted chicken thighs, mashed potatoes, various sides and a impressive cheese display, as well as a good dessert selection. Probably the best spread I’ve ever seen at a SkyClub.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:39 pm

It was dill day at LAX sky club. Options included:

- Salmon with lemon, parsley and fresh dill.
- Chicken salad with fresh dill
- Chicken tzatziki sandwiches with feta and fresh dill.

Other options included:

- Usual cheese and meat (including a dill cheese)
- Green beans
- Mac & Cheese
- Turkey and Swiss sandwich
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Arugala Salad.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.

Last edited by USCTrojan83; Dec 23, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
It was dill day at LAX sky club. Options included:

- Salmon with lemon, parsley and fresh dill.
- Chicken salad with fresh dill
- Chicken tzatziki sandwiches with feta and fresh dill.

Other options included:

- Usual cheese and meat (including a dill cheese)
- Green beans
- Asparagus
- Turkey and Swiss sandwich
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Arugala Salad.
Perhaps DL cornered the dill market "based on customer feedback" and "in order to enhance the customer experience." I would expect to see dill smoothies in the SCs any day now.

Last edited by pmblinn; Dec 27, 2021 at 3:59 pm Reason: ooops, wrong airline!
Old Dec 24, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Earlier this week at SEA for dinner they had beef barbacoa, spanish rice, beans, and toppings (salsa, sour cream, cilantro and shredded cheddar). Also on offer was Ivar's clam chowder and cauliflower white cheddar mac. The usual suspects for cold options were also there - crudites with dip, cheese cubes, kale salad with walnuts, some sort of chicken salad, and a selection of cold deli sandwiches. Dessert options included prepackaged Sweet Street blondies and mac nut cookies. Attendant told me that they ran out of GF rice krispy treats. It was probably the weakest offering that I've seen at the Sky Club at SEA.

As someone living the GF diet who doesn't eat beef, I basically had rice and beans topped with cheese, some veg, and a Seattle chocolate truffle for dessert (that I got on my own). Simple dinner, which I guess is a good thing before the holiday feasts.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 3:13 pm

DFW

I was at DFW SkyClub today for the breakfast / lunch cutover, which happens right at 11 am. Very decent SkyClub for an outstation.

Breakfast: Hot options included plain scrambled eggs; scrambled eggs with cheese, mushroom & scallions; mixed root vegetables; and oatmeal plus lots of toppings - bacon, pepperjack cheese, a couple of hot sauces, etc. Plus 7-8 cold options including a very elaborate guacamole toast, edamame salad; blueberries; cantaloupe & grapes + several others and various breads

Lunch: Wild rice pilaf; roasted chicken with tomatoes & olives; and pasta with spinach. Plus tomatoe bisque soup and 7-8 cold options / salads
AeRoSpaceman and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 3:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by DCFlyer0306
I was at DFW SkyClub today for the breakfast / lunch cutover, which happens right at 11 am. Very decent SkyClub for an outstation.
DFW has rebounded nicely from its worst, it's just annoying that the SkyClub is past all the DL gates.
AeRoSpaceman and dmarge18 like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 3:35 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Is the showers in SC at ATL E & F and at JFK open?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
Is the showers in SC at ATL E & F and at JFK open?
I was at the JFK SC in mid-December. I asked if the showers were open, and no, “due to covid”. I was told that they were supposed to open in January but now it looks like February. I mentioned that the Centurion Lounge, in the same terminal, have had their showers open for months.

I was told, well, that’s because they only have 2 and we have 6, and they take reservations (which I don’t believe is the case) and the SC doesn’t. And this is all due to covid? I left wondering, do you just lie, or are you just repeating management’s lies? You can’t make this stuff up…
cmd320 and simonsuo like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.